PDA

View Full Version : Bray v City review

pete
21/04/2007, 11:43 AM
****e pitch. Team played poor except fro 10-15 minute spell before the goal. Apparently the penalty was for handball which is suspicious given how the ref tried to give a penalty for the same offence earlier only for the linesman to set him correct.

I couldn't see from distance but thought penalty would have been for foul but if really was a handball confirms how massive the bounce was given the forward had the ball at his feet :eek:

Can't wait to see this one on tv as seems ref could have a lot to answer for.

Can also see why Bray relegation candidates as they won't win many games this season.

bray boy
21/04/2007, 11:53 AM
****e pitch.

Can't wait to see this one on tv as seems ref could have a lot to answer for.

Can also see why Bray relegation candidates as they won't win many games this season.

if u see bray as relagation candidates then how come you cant beat us????i have no doubt that we will stay up we dominated most of the game and yes ure right the ref does have a lot to answer for we had two clear cut penalties not given i saw both perfectly....however i dont think the one that was given was a penalty we deserved a point so im not complainin........and there must be a 'carlisle curse' for use u jus cant beat us at home nemore

Peadar
21/04/2007, 8:40 PM
... we dominated most of the game ...

:D :D :D

Did you even have a single shot on target?

We lost our shape after the substitutions. Should have avoided booting the ball down the field. Couldn't really play ball as the pitch is so bad but we lacked composure in the closing stages.

Bray are seriously poor.
If we had Murphy instead of Softic and played a 4-4-2 I think we'd have been more creative.

connaman
21/04/2007, 8:45 PM
I don't know what you have to complain about as i thought you were very lucky to get away with 1 point as i think we were the better team and not only had a Clive Delaney header cleared of the line but we definetely had a good call for a penalty which the ref bottled, the great John O'Flynn and Roy O'Donovan might as well have stayed in Cork for all the use they were.

A face
21/04/2007, 10:27 PM
I don't know what you have to complain about as i thought you were very lucky to get away with 1 point as i think we were the better team and not only had a Clive Delaney header cleared of the line but we definetely had a good call for a penalty which the ref bottled, the great John O'Flynn and Roy O'Donovan might as well have stayed in Cork for all the use they were.

You were given a peno in the dying minutes, says it all really.

superfrank
22/04/2007, 10:39 AM
Yez would've been one nil down inside the first quarter of an hour if it hadn't been for Michael Devine's save. :rolleyes:

GavinZac
22/04/2007, 10:59 AM
Yez would've been one nil down inside the first quarter of an hour if it hadn't been for Michael Devine's save. :rolleyes:

So thats one shot on target then?

Most teams wouldn't fare all that well without a keeper.

Schumi
22/04/2007, 2:03 PM
Most teams wouldn't fare all that well without a keeper.
As Derry are proving this year. :D

A face
22/04/2007, 6:03 PM
So thats one shot on target then?

So it was one shot on target and a peno given by the ref?? Thats it? and City were lucky to get a point after being one up since 63 mins.

Bray should have won, yeah right ..... me thinks someones tell porkies again.

Peadar
22/04/2007, 8:28 PM
My money is on Galway to get their first win next Friday.
It's a pity that Longford are so poor because that's the only thing that will save Bray this season.
Do Bray officially have to lowest adult support, bar UCD?
The "stand" was full of kids, with the odd adult dotted around the rest of the ground. I'd be very surprised if there was even 1,000 people there. Certainly didn't look like it anyway.
Depressing fixture after the sense of occasion surrounding our clash with Rovers.

bray boy
22/04/2007, 9:20 PM
I'd be very surprised if there was even 1,000 people

attendance was 1,200 according to the star and wats this about the pitch being poor???

pineapple stu
22/04/2007, 9:21 PM
Wouldn't believe any attendance in the Star, to be honest. Historically over-stated, bordering on nonsense.

Peadar
22/04/2007, 9:57 PM
attendance was 1,200 according to the star and wats this about the pitch being poor???

Hope you didn't have to deny admittance to anyone, in order to keep your attendance to a nice round figure. :rolleyes:

By the way, I was on the pitch and it's in bad nick.
Very hard and bumpy.
Lucky none of our players got injured on it.

pineapple stu
22/04/2007, 9:59 PM
Hope you didn't have to deny admittance to anyone, in order to keep your attendance to a nice round figure. :rolleyes:
Since when do the Star publish official figures?

By the way, I was on the pitch and it's in bad nick.
Hope there's a fine coming your club's way, so. Pitch invasions shouldn't be allowed.

pete
23/04/2007, 9:26 AM

Stop Trolling. Peadar did not mention the pitch condition. in his post.

Hope there's a fine coming your club's way, so. Pitch invasions shouldn't be allowed.

John Delaney said its ok for Peadar to be on the pitch.

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 1:55 PM
:D :D :D

We lost our shape after the substitutions. Should have avoided booting the ball down the field. Couldn't really play ball as the pitch is so bad but we lacked composure in the closing stages.

Bray are seriously poor.
If we had Murphy instead of Softic and played a 4-4-2 I think we'd have been more creative.

How many did you lot have? Bout as many as us.
And as for the pitch being bad, it wasn't bad enough to cause you lot any inconvenience.
If we are that poor why did you need bad officiating to even get a point?

You were given a peno in the dying minutes, says it all really.

We should have had 3 but only got the one. And explain to me how Cawley can be booked for mouthing off at the ref and when the entire cork team is screaming at the lino there isn't even so much as a warning given?
And since when does a las minute equaliser mean a team deserved to lose?

My money is on Galway to get their first win next Friday.It's a pity that Longford are so poor because that's the only thing that will save Bray this season.
Do Bray officially have to lowest adult support, bar UCD?
The "stand" was full of kids, with the odd adult dotted around the rest of the ground. I'd be very surprised if there was even 1,000 people there. Certainly didn't look like it anyway.
Depressing fixture after the sense of occasion surrounding our clash with Rovers.

So in conclusion we can expect Galway to finish above you lot?

Stop Trolling. Peadar did not mention the pitch condition. in his post.

Others did though and the question was probably an open one

Peadar
23/04/2007, 5:56 PM

Obviously he didn't but Bray officials did allow me access to the pitch.

By the way, PS, isn't it the home club who is responsible for preventing pitch encroachments?

So in conclusion we can expect Galway to finish above you lot?

No, it's likely that you might actually try to play against Galway, as opposed to sitting 10 men behind the ball. That will be your downfall. Galway are due a win. Therefore, I believe they'll get it against you, on Friday.

By the way, Hulsey, notice how I post everything in a single post, rather than making 4 posts in a row, like you? It's not difficult to do but then again, maybe you just like seeing your post count go up. :rolleyes:

dahamsta
23/04/2007, 9:47 PM
Peadar, if you have a problem with a post or a poster, report it. Otherwise mind your business.

A face
23/04/2007, 10:15 PM
when the entire cork team is screaming at the lino there isn't even so much as a warning given?

But the City team were probably right.

pete
23/04/2007, 10:18 PM

Less of the probably... You are traitor to your race. :p

DmanDmythDledge
23/04/2007, 10:19 PM
Doesn't make abuse acceptable though.

Hulsey
24/04/2007, 11:17 AM

They weren't. Cawley DEFINATELY was. I'm almost certain the cork player was even smiling after he saw the decision!

Hulsey
24/04/2007, 11:19 AM
By the way, Hulsey, notice how I post everything in a single post, rather than making 4 posts in a row, like you? It's not difficult to do but then again, maybe you just like seeing your post count go up. :rolleyes:

Or it could be that I was responding to different posts? Cos you get a special badge for how many posts you make :rolleyes:

GavinZac
24/04/2007, 11:43 AM
They weren't. Cawley DEFINATELY was. I'm almost certain the cork player was even smiling after he saw the decision!
Oh dear, thats horrid. He was (possibly) smiling? What a scumbag :confused:

Or it could be that I was responding to different posts? Cos you get a special badge for how many posts you make :rolleyes:
Stop making a nuisance of yourself and use the multiquote button.

Hulsey
24/04/2007, 11:46 AM
Oh dear, thats horrid. He was (possibly) smiling? What a scumbag :confused:

Stop making a nuisance of yourself and use the multiquote button.

As in he knew the decision was wrong. Didn't think I'd have to spell what I ment out :rolleyes:

GavinZac
24/04/2007, 11:56 AM
As in he knew the decision was wrong. Didn't think I'd have to spell what I ment out :rolleyes:

Or possibly he was relieved. Or possibly someone cracked a joke. Or possibly he was saying the letter "A". Or possibly he was trying to wind his opponent up. Or possibly he was trying to wind YOU up. Or, possibly, you imagined it. Either way, its pretty flimsy evidence of anything at all really.

Hulsey
24/04/2007, 1:55 PM
Or possibly he was relieved. Or possibly someone cracked a joke. Or possibly he was saying the letter "A". Or possibly he was trying to wind his opponent up. Or possibly he was trying to wind YOU up. Or, possibly, you imagined it. Either way, its pretty flimsy evidence of anything at all really.

Well it was after the award of a throw that should have gone the other way so I'l stick to my opinion on it

A face
25/04/2007, 12:16 AM
Well it was after the award of a throw that should have gone the other way so I'l stick to my opinion on it

You can keep your opinion* and we'll keep the decision .... deal ?!?

* Every single bit of it

pete
25/04/2007, 12:22 PM
The referee was clueless highlighted by the original penalty decision. How could he award & then allow himself to be over ruled?

Softic got booked I think for pushing/manhandling the ref but he could ahve booked other players too.

The Bray player got booked for arguing with the linesman. He would have been ok if he just questioned initially but it seemed he took too long & would not let it go which is why he was booked.

Interesting to hear Pat Scully complain about the Bray pitch on Newstalk. While he did not name Bray directly he seemed to suggest some clubs had a reason not to keep their pitch in good condition. This was also after he was informed Bray were the only club with sprinkler system...

Hulsey
25/04/2007, 12:51 PM
The referee was clueless highlighted by the original penalty decision. How could he award & then allow himself to be over ruled?

Softic got booked I think for pushing/manhandling the ref but he could ahve booked other players too.

The Bray player got booked for arguing with the linesman. He would have been ok if he just questioned initially but it seemed he took too long & would not let it go which is why he was booked.

Interesting to hear Pat Scully complain about the Bray pitch on Newstalk. While he did not name Bray directly he seemed to suggest some clubs had a reason not to keep their pitch in good condition. This was also after he was informed Bray were the only club with sprinkler system...

Ref was bad but the lino was far worse. From your possition it may not have looked as bad, but trust me, was close to the decisions and he was useless. And with the Cawley situation its more the inconsistancy of him that annoyed me, if you get one player booked for having a go you have to get them all booked.

Peadar
29/04/2007, 10:46 AM
My money is on Galway to get their first win next Friday.

Spot on, as usual!