PDA

View Full Version : Cork Game

braysnumber1
19/04/2007, 1:53 PM
Big game on friday. really really really really really need a good performance and a result. need to defend properly for once - for those who werent at the bohs cup game ur lucky, schoolboys would score against our defence.

Ant team news? how is clive?

Anyone interested we'l prob be going to the hibo before the match for a few drinks

jonboy
19/04/2007, 1:58 PM
saw cork twice this season hate to say it but i don't think we have a chance a point would be a great result, some of our players are not interested

Bray Head
19/04/2007, 2:02 PM
The first 3 games of the season were good but since then the spark has gone out of the team. We are defending like we did last season and are short of quality up front. Franco not been fully fit has had it's effect.

superfrank
19/04/2007, 2:07 PM
Not looking forward to this game. Imho, a clean sheet would be an achievment.

bray boy
19/04/2007, 9:15 PM
well lads id say we wer worse last season and cork came to de carlsile twice an dey only got a point so its not all bad have to say tho i cant see us winin........

Grasshopper 99
19/04/2007, 10:20 PM
Will be tough, But ill be in the pub with ye

superfrank
20/04/2007, 10:44 PM
Bout time we got a peno!!

It's so great to get that peno when we had two blatant ones turned down. I really felt we didn't deserve to get beat tonight. Good performance in the second half from the lads. I think the peno being over-turned just spurned them on. Well done.

bray boy
20/04/2007, 10:48 PM
thought we dominated today shud hav taken our chances wer still missin dat bita extra quality up front.........ref was unbelievable but wer too gud to be goin off blamin de ref for not gettin results work rate from all players was very good bring on galway........

A face
20/04/2007, 11:03 PM
Its as good as a loss for City, losing Bray Waderers is never going to be good. Serious questions need to be asked now, what are we doing if they cant even break down Bray for god sake. We could blame the ref for sorting them out with a peno, but the short of it is, its a brutal result.

When you hit this low, then the only way is up, if thats any consolation :mad:

Seagull
21/04/2007, 10:59 AM
It was hilarious watching Rico, jumping up and down with rage, big purple head on him- he made straight for the ref after the game but the ref wasn't to blame for the fact that Cork were sh1te. Wanderers were on top for most of the game and fully deserved the point. I still think we have problems up front, Delaney was our main threat on goal last night. Great performance by the team though.

BrayUnknowns
21/04/2007, 1:10 PM
Its as good as a loss for City, losing Bray Waderers is never going to be good. Serious questions need to be asked now, what are we doing if they cant even break down Bray for god sake. We could blame the ref for sorting them out with a peno, but the short of it is, its a brutal result.

Break us down? jesus you only managed 2 shots on target all night ! Bray didnt allow Cork to settle on the ball, they had a 10/15 minute spell but other than that we were the better side. We made Cork look very average and more than deserved to take something out of the game.

The decisions that went against us were just fcuking terrible ! we shod have had at least another 3 penos in the 2nd hald for handballs in the area and hittinng the post in either halfd as well. A draw was a great result for Cork considering..... Even little things like yellow cards went against us, Cawley gets booked for remenstrating with the lino when it went out off a Cork player, Devine gets nothing for going absolutelu ballastic twice at the ref. Cork defender should also have been sent off for handling Delaneys shot that lead to the peno. Bray will never get big calls against so called big clubs like Cork.

pete
21/04/2007, 1:55 PM
Referee called a penalty for handball but linesman set him straight because he was in a better position. A good referee would have blown the whistle for handball & waited a few seconds to get the nod from linesman whether the man was inside the box or not. Incidently this occured when City player was lying injured on the ground & your players refused to kick the ball out. The exact same thing happened a few minutes earlier & City kicked the ball out of play for Injured Bray player.

If a player walks up the to the linesman shouting in his face for 30-60 seconds he deserves to be booked.

I don't know where you saw 3 penalties for Bray as ye never got into our box.

"so called big club?" Relative to Bray we are a big club. Relative to Barcelona we are not.

(See - its easy to debate without insulting people)

:rolleyes:

superfrank
21/04/2007, 3:33 PM
Incidently this occured when City player was lying injured on the ground & your players refused to kick the ball out. The exact same thing happened a few minutes earlier & City kicked the ball out of play for Injured Bray player.
The laws state it's up to the ref to blow if he thinks the injury is severe enough. I personally detest it when ANY player puts the ball out in these situations. Play to the whistle and the rules, that's what Bray did. I personally would have no problem if Cork played on. I KNOW what the rule is, unlike the majority of football fans & players.

If a player walks up the to the linesman shouting in his face for 30-60 seconds he deserves to be booked.
But when three or four players surround him stopping the game for a full two minutes it's quite alright, is it? :rolleyes:

I admit from your ****e position yez probably didn't see but I counted two blatant penos. The one that was overturned was clearly IN THE BOX. There was another handball when a Cork player clearly put his hand out to block the ball in the box. The peno that was given was given for a handball by Softic, not for a foul on Delaney like a lot of people thought, though in all honesty I didn't see it.

I personally feel it was an even game and a draw was a fair result. Neither team was better then the other, imo.

GavinZac
21/04/2007, 3:43 PM
I admit from your ****e position yez probably didn't see but I counted two blatant penos. The one that was overturned was clearly IN THE BOX.admittedly I wasn't at the game, but the commentators on the radio were fairly insistant that the linesman got it spot on and commended him for stopping the ref where often the linesmen in ireland wouldn't make that call. I'd imagine the commentator was in a good position.

The laws state it's up to the ref to blow if he thinks the injury is severe enough. I personally detest it when ANY player puts the ball out in these situations. Play to the whistle and the rules, that's what Bray did. I personally would have no problem if Cork played on. I KNOW what the rule is, unlike the majority of football fans & players.Congrats on being so superior. You'd fit in down here. Meanwhile, most people know the rules and have some manner of decency in a game which is all too often bereft of such.

But when three or four players surround him stopping the game for a full two minutes it's quite alright, is it? :rolleyes:
i know it feels like a long time when you're desperate to ge ton with something, but "a full two minutes" is a ridiculous claim.

superfrank
21/04/2007, 3:46 PM
admittedly I wasn't at the game, but the commentators on the radio were fairly insistant that the linesman got it spot on and commended him for stopping the ref where often the linesmen in ireland wouldn't make that call. I'd imagine the commentator was in a good position.
The commentary position is on the other side of the ground. They would've been looking through a sea of players, and seen as there's only one telly camera that is right above them, any replay would be an almost identical view. I'm adamant it was a peno cos where the ref put the free kick was definitely a bit away from where the handball took place.

superfrank
21/04/2007, 3:48 PM
Congrats on being so superior. You'd fit in down here. Meanwhile, most people know the rules and have some manner of decency in a game which is all too often bereft of such.
That is the FIFA rule. Like it or lump it. Blame Sepp Blatter if you want.

i know it feels like a long time when you're desperate to ge ton with something, but "a full two minutes" is a ridiculous claim.
It was definitely two minutes and according to the Irish Times it was two minutes too. Conicidence? :rolleyes:

GavinZac
21/04/2007, 3:51 PM
That is the FIFA rule. Like it or lump it. Blame Sepp Blatter if you want.don't get me started on FIFA :p

It was definitely two minutes and according to the Irish Times it was two minutes too. Conicidence? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: indeed, if "definately" and "the irish Times" are the coinciding sources.

superfrank
21/04/2007, 3:54 PM
don't get me started on FIFA :p
Well you've no one else to blame. The rule is if a player goes down, the ref can blow up if he thinks it's serious enough to warrant treatment. Until then you play on. It mightn't be fair play but the Bray players did nothing wrong. They didn't cheat in anyway.

GavinZac
21/04/2007, 3:57 PM
Well you've no one else to blame. The rule is if a player goes down, the ref can blow up if he thinks it's serious enough to warrant treatment. Until then you play on. It mightn't be fair play but the Bray players did nothing wrong. They didn't cheat in anyway.No one said they cheated. However, playing by the book and playing modicum of decency are different things - ask a certain Shamrock Rovers player.

superfrank
21/04/2007, 4:03 PM
No one said they cheated. However, playing by the book and playing modicum of decency are different things - ask a certain Shamrock Rovers player.
I don't care about Rovers. It never annoys me when players play on, as the rule states. What does annoy me is this whole decency bullcrap. It's a man's game, they should expect a knock or two. If the other team are so worried about their player, they can win the ball back and put it out. Why should ANY team give up an advantageous position?

GavinZac
21/04/2007, 4:17 PM
If the other team are so worried about their player, they can win the ball back and put it out. Why should ANY team give up an advantageous position?Please, look up "sport" and "game" in a dictionary. The ettiquite surrounding an injured player is one of the few examples of good sportsmanship and care for fellow players surviving in the game. I'm guessing that you can further stretch your point to suggest that going down easily under an inocuous challenge is ok, because the gives the team an advantage?

pete
21/04/2007, 5:38 PM
The laws state it's up to the ref to blow if he thinks the injury is severe enough. I personally detest it when ANY player puts the ball out in these situations. Play to the whistle and the rules, that's what Bray did. I personally would have no problem if Cork played on. I KNOW what the rule is, unlike the majority of football fans & players.

In the UK they now ask players to play to the whistle & let the referee decide if the player may have a head injury. In the rest of the world fair play still exists & players kick the ball out of play if a player looks to be seriously injured. I suggest you look up the rule...

Overall I thought we were poor & invited a equaliser. Bray worse than last season though but probably not be relegated as Longford & Waterford worse.

Seagull
21/04/2007, 7:02 PM
In the UK they now ask players to play to the whistle & let the referee decide if the player may have a head injury. In the rest of the world fair play still exists & players kick the ball out of play if a player looks to be seriously injured. I suggest you look up the rule...

Overall I thought we were poor & invited a equaliser. Bray worse than last season though but probably not be relegated as Longford & Waterford worse.
Cork put the ball out for an injury to a Bray player on the half way line. It's a different story on the edge of the 18 yard box.
As for Bray being worse than last year, hey, yous still can't beat us. Cork were very poor and won't be winning much again this season...

GavinZac
21/04/2007, 7:11 PM
yous

Enjoy your little moment in the sun where you get to make predicitions about good teams. Your little "yous still can't beat us" boast stretches aaaalll the way back... 2 games, to when we hammered you 6-1. Meanwhile, you're relying on last kick penalties to scrape points at home, and telling all and sundry what you think of a real footballing club. Are these the highlights of your season?

Moderator Edit: Post edited. No need to get personal.

braysnumber1
21/04/2007, 8:33 PM
great result didnt think we'd score at all. ref and linesman were shocking. the lino couldnt even keep up wit play at times.

as for all this sh!te from cork fans get over it ur team played poor and we deserveda point. u wont win anything this year - before u say it, we wont win anything either but we're not expected too.

connaman
21/04/2007, 10:00 PM
Have to say I am sick and tired of watching so called grown up adults pretending to be injured in order to cheat referees and fans, maybe it would be a good idea if all footballers were brought to a rugby game and shown how real men act. This is not a dig at Cork City as I think the Munster Rugby Team have been a credit to Ireland.

Stevo Da Gull
21/04/2007, 11:39 PM
Props to Caffo for being so cool from the spot. We definately deserved a point. If we can sharpen up up front we could be a real handfull.

As for all the `waa we're better than you` stuff going on (ahem A Face)...:confused: And as for GavinZac pulling Seagull up for using the word `yous` ... WFT, does it really matter if he uses `yous`, `yiz`, `ye`:confused: I really hate the petty sh*te that goes on here on foot.ie sometimes, there seems to be a bit of a lack of respect - (this is not me trying to act superior) I certainly have a lot of respect for the Cork fans who travel around the country with their team, but respect for others seems to be thin on the ground on this site sometimes.:(

Officials had a bit of a bad night and managed to p*ss just about everyone off (well I cant remember the linesman on the far side making a bad call to be fair to him).

Grey Boy
21/04/2007, 11:56 PM
We would have been unlucky not to have gotten a point from that game. Not sure what to make of the refs performance. Not sure if he deserves respect for letting someone else in a better position make the decision (hence over ruling himself) or copping out and giving us a semi-suspect penalty. Good game all the same. Poor crowd though.

GavinZac
22/04/2007, 8:42 AM
before u say it, we wont win anything either but we're not expected too.
when were we expected to? we scraped into europe last season because of derry's double, lost further players over the break, and our new signings are the only ones in the league not allowed to play. the best we can hope for is a cup run. Hence my amusement at some of "yous" treating a point at home to a team containing sean kelly, cillian lordan, admir softic and a crocked john o'flynn as some sort of scalp.

fair play for getting a point at home but i would hope that as a premier division club you'd have a bit more ambition, with the league considerably weaker this year and a tasty european spot just a few league places away.

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 1:47 PM

And we could blame the ref for missing the obvious two that would have seen us win :rolleyes: . You didn't deserve a win and in the end justice was done

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 1:56 PM
Referee called a penalty for handball but linesman set him straight because he was in a better position. A good referee would have blown the whistle for handball & waited a few seconds to get the nod from linesman whether the man was inside the box or not. Incidently this occured when City player was lying injured on the ground & your players refused to kick the ball out. The exact same thing happened a few minutes earlier & City kicked the ball out of play for Injured Bray player.

"so called big club?" Relative to Bray we are a big club. Relative to Barcelona we are not.

(See - its easy to debate without insulting people)

If you watched the game you would have seen that there was 3 blatent hanballs in the box, with the one we got being the least of them. In relation to the peno that devine and co decided wasn't, softics feet were outside the box but his hands were in, in my book thats what matters so it's a peno. Later in the game from a right wing cross a header was blocked by one of your centre backs hands, another stone waller. About 5 cork players hurled abuse at the lino on both the first one that was given, and the ref aswell for one we actually got and didn't even get a telling off, Cawley has the cheek to tell the lino to do his job and watch the game and he gets carded.

So before you lot decide to feel sorry for yourselves being "unjustly" denied a victory, if I was in your position I'd be thanking my lucky stars that their wasn't a competent officiating team on Friday, if there had been you would have got nothing.

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 2:03 PM
Please, look up "sport" and "game" in a dictionary. The ettiquite surrounding an injured player is one of the few examples of good sportsmanship and care for fellow players surviving in the game. I'm guessing that you can further stretch your point to suggest that going down easily under an inocuous challenge is ok, because the gives the team an advantage?

Your having a laugh aren't ya? Cork players were going down easily all game so why should bray put the ball out on another such occasion? If a player is genuinely hurt I'm all up for the ball being put out, but when it's just someone chancing their arm, then they should grow a set of balls and just get on with it.

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 2:05 PM

Key words in our arguement. Cork player didn't require any treatment and as such wasn't seriously injured, so play on. Can't see why you lot are making such a fuss

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 2:08 PM
Dub..

Enjoy your little moment in the sun where you get to make predicitions about good teams. Your little "yous still can't beat us" boast stretches aaaalll the way back... 2 games, to when we hammered you 6-1. Meanwhile, you're relying on last kick penalties to scrape points at home, and telling all and sundry what you think of a real footballing club. Are these the highlights of your season?

And you lot are relying on sh!t officiating and bias to scrape points against teams which will apparently be in a relegation fight. Sounds like hallmarks of a "real footballing club" to me

Hulsey
23/04/2007, 2:13 PM
when were we expected to? we scraped into europe last season because of derry's double, lost further players over the break, and our new signings are the only ones in the league not allowed to play. the best we can hope for is a cup run. Hence my amusement at some of "yous" treating a point at home to a team containing sean kelly, cillian lordan, admir softic and a crocked john o'flynn as some sort of scalp.

fair play for getting a point at home but i would hope that as a premier division club you'd have a bit more ambition, with the league considerably weaker this year and a tasty european spot just a few league places away.

No we're just happy that shocking officiating from a suspect lino didn't cause us to lose a game we didn't deserve to.