PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me

Ash
19/04/2007, 8:00 AM
A thread similiar to The Shield one, of which I'm a fan, does anyone
here watch Rescue Me? The FDNY series with Denis Leary?

I remember when it first was on tv ages ago and I had no interest
in it, but the past couple of weeks I've flicked on to it on RTE and
am starting to get in to it.

Anyone else waych it? Think its good/rubbish?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address

WeAreRovers
19/04/2007, 11:05 AM
A thread similiar to The Shield one, of which I'm a fan, does anyone
here watch Rescue Me? The FDNY series with Denis Leary?

I remember when it first was on tv ages ago and I had no interest
in it, but the past couple of weeks I've flicked on to it on RTE and
am starting to get in to it.

Anyone else waych it? Think its good/rubbish?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address

No surprise I know but I love it. Great stuff and the current season has Marisa Tomei and Susan Sarandon. :p

KOH

joema
19/04/2007, 11:11 AM
Best program on TV imo...class!!

NY Hoop
19/04/2007, 11:56 AM
Absolutely ****ing love it. Huge fan of Leary and the writing on the show is top class. Genuine laugh out loud moments in almost every show. Authentic too.

KOH

pete
19/04/2007, 12:00 PM
Decent enough show. Some very funny moments.

citizenerased
19/04/2007, 7:46 PM
some lad for shaggin hot totty

pete
19/04/2007, 11:01 PM
some lad for shaggin hot totty

I think he is probably a producer on then so can move the "script" to suit himself :p

bennocelt
20/04/2007, 11:57 AM
think Leary is a bit of a ****, you know for copying Bill Hicks and all, but yeah i have started to look at that show too, and found it quite good stuff

Conor H
21/04/2007, 7:21 PM
Funny this thread has emerged...

In the last few weeks i've started watching it..

Very funny in fairness....alot of witty one liners and looks.

NY Hoop
13/06/2007, 11:54 AM
Season Four premiering tonight on FX in the US.

KOH

atfconline
13/06/2007, 6:15 PM
Season Four premiering tonight on FX in the US.

KOH

Cool, when it finished up on Sky they made it sound like that was it, completely over.

sligoman
13/06/2007, 8:24 PM
When will it be back on over here?

tetsujin1979
13/06/2007, 11:14 PM
End of season 3 has only recently been on RTE 2, it'll be next year at the earliest

WeAreRovers
14/06/2007, 10:08 AM
End of season 3 has only recently been on RTE 2, it'll be next year at the earliest

Recently as in about the exact same time as your post. Season 3 finale was on at 11.15pm last night on RTÉ Two.

While I bow to your superior knowledge of RTÉ's scheduling of US acquisitions my gut instinct is that season 4 will be on RTÉ Two much, much sooner than that. ;)

KOH

tetsujin1979
14/06/2007, 11:06 AM
Recently as in about the exact same time as your post. Season 3 finale was on at 11.15pm last night on RTÉ Two.

While I bow to your superior knowledge of RTÉ's scheduling of US acquisitions my gut instinct is that season 4 will be on RTÉ Two much, much sooner than that. ;)

KOH
Thought that was a repeat?
It ended on Sky about 3 weeks ago.
RTE usually wait until the New Year for their big shows, the second season of Prison Break is over in the States, and only starting here.
Lost I think started around December last year, could be the same for Rescue Me

Dodge
14/06/2007, 11:24 AM
Don't want to answer for WaR but it depends on their air time in the US. Most shows debut in the "fall" season, and then will debut here in December/January. Some of the cable companies debut their big hits in spring/summer as the US networks will be mostly made up of repeats/specials (like The Sopranos, Entourage, The Shield, Rescue Me) Which means the broadcast time could be anything.

Oh and BTW Lost won't be debuting its 4th season until February 2008 so you'll have some wait on your hands if you're a fan.

As for Rescue Me, its good. Won't make an appointment to see it (eg The Sopranos) but when I catch its enjoyable enough

WeAreRovers
14/06/2007, 11:51 AM
Don't want to answer for WaR but it depends on their air time in the US. Most shows debut in the "fall" season, and then will debut here in December/January. Some of the cable companies debut their big hits in spring/summer as the US networks will be mostly made up of repeats/specials (like The Sopranos, Entourage, The Shield, Rescue Me) Which means the broadcast time could be anything.

Oh and BTW Lost won't be debuting its 4th season until February 2008 so you'll have some wait on your hands if you're a fan.

As for Rescue Me, its good. Won't make an appointment to see it (eg The Sopranos) but when I catch its enjoyable enough

What he said.

Each show is different but as a rule with key acquisitions - Desperate Housewives, Lost, Sopranos etc - RTÉ go as soon as possible after the US showing.

Most of those big shows take lengthy breaks mid-season in the US. So if we're showing a 'fall' series in the autumn you sometimes get gaps over here in that particular season.

In other words, we've to wait until a particular Ugly Betty ep for instance is shown Stateside before we can show it. In fact ER would be a good current example of that.

KOH

Dodge
14/06/2007, 12:11 PM
Most of those big shows take lengthy breaks mid-season in the US.

Thankfully the US networks are starting to stray from this (thanks to the success of 24, which ran consecutively)

Lost is the first HUGE network show to run consecutively next season, which is why they're starting in February and running straight through.

Always love people moaning about RTE showing a repeat in the middle of a series run, without reallising that they are literally just days behind the US.

The only thing missing is a funny US sitcom from their line up (and don't try and steal TG4's thunder WaR)

WeAreRovers
14/06/2007, 12:21 PM
The only thing missing is a funny US sitcom from their line up (and don't try and steal TG4's thunder WaR)

How powerful do you think I am? ;)

Agree on the comedy though and have said my piece on numerous occasions - mind you the cleaners normally just look at me and speak to each other in polish when I do.

Dodge
14/06/2007, 12:37 PM
BTW Channel 6 has BY FAR the best comedy line up of any channel in Ireland (or Britain for that matter)

TonyD
14/06/2007, 8:57 PM
(and don't try and steal TG4's thunder WaR)

TG4 are currently (well season 4 just finished I think) showing the best US drama on the box (probably ever) The Wire. It's awesome. I've said it before on different threads here, but I don't mind repeating myself. Unfortunately I've only caught up with it fairly recently via DVD, so couldn't watch this series - there is no way you'd follow it properly if you haven't seen it from the beginning. I'll have to wait for season 4 on DVD now, which is a pain.

Aberdonian Stu
15/06/2007, 11:34 AM
The other factor is that some shows start in midseason slots. The Unit, which Bravo somehow have the rights to, stayed in midseason for its second season in the US meaning it didn't start showing new episodes until the Spring.

24 effectively follows the same model though it starts a little earlier.

I'm waiting to see who, if anyone, brings Dexter to Irish terrestrial/basic cable screens. It's a Showtime series, which would make Channel 6 the favourites to do so. It will air on FX (which I can't get) from July.

WeAreRovers
15/06/2007, 12:21 PM
TG4 are currently (well season 4 just finished I think) showing the best US drama on the box (probably ever) The Wire.

Keep repeating yourself 'cos you're bang on. It's impossible to overstate how good The Wire is.

KOH

TonyD
15/06/2007, 12:23 PM
Keep repeating yourself 'cos you're bang on. It's impossible to overstate how good The Wire is.

KOH

Spread the word brother.:cool: