PDA

View Full Version : Delaney to Pat's/Rovers

UCD_4_Life
25/01/2003, 9:41 PM
There's an article in todays Mirror saying that Clive is set to leave UCD for either Rovers or St.Pat's with Pat's being the favourites at the moment.

So by next season we'll have probably lost two of the 5 men that only let in 25 goals this season.

Pat Jennings could probably come in and do a good job but i can't thin of another defender that gives us what Clive gives us. Maybe Wes Charles but we wouldn't be able to get him, probably.

pineapple stu
27/01/2003, 1:53 PM
Clive's not going anywhre. Bazza's a bit different though - we were telling the players we'd see them in April there last night and Bazza said "Well, yeah, we'll see". Doesn't sound good.

@ndy
27/01/2003, 4:42 PM
Yeah...well i think when the right offer comes baz'll be off. I was feckin pist as a fart last nite. That penalty shoot out in the montrose was class tho...especially that cracker (ahem) i scored on bazza...i can now die:P Theo still has an eye for goal...even when using an apple!!!

Alan Cawley was probably the only one more ****ed than me...oops...i don't think he likes me lads...does he?

Clive seems comfy here...excellent...read that on Saturday and it looked like it was made to fill up space...had me worried 2 tho...

Pat jennings is itchin' for football...we'll be alrite lads...don't worry...

I was pretty ****ed off with Cawley to be honest tho...he was being a dick. I was ****ed and had lost all sense of tact, but after trying to apologise and convince him i wasn't insulting him he really annoyed me by something he said about another player, he has a really big head that lad....it's a pity...

Ciaran...don't 4get to grab me fone if u get a chance...

Andy

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2003, 8:13 PM
Lads

Let's get real for a minute. Why would Clive go to St.Pat's? it would be a backward step. Pat's are in financial trouble. Our wages are probably on a par with theirs.
Bazza is the one most likely to leave as he has no other income other than football. Pat Jennings will over time become a great keeper.

UCD_4_Life
27/01/2003, 8:16 PM
Cawley really did himself no favours in the game against Pat's.

What pi$sed me off almost as much is that when he was being subbed against Bray it took him about 30 seconds to get off the pitch. There was only 5 or 6 minutes left in a game that would've seen us safe if we scored and he just sauntered off.

Schumi
28/01/2003, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
That penalty shoot out in the montrose was class tho...especially that cracker (ahem) i scored on bazza...i can now die:P Theo still has an eye for goal...even when using an apple!!!
That was class alright. How did we not get thrown out????

BTW I've lost my precccccioussssss.:(

Schumi
28/01/2003, 3:49 PM
I was feckin pist as a fart last nite An interesting choice of words! I hope you've got those peas out of your system by now.

@ndy
28/01/2003, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Cawley really did himself no favours in the game against Pat's.

What pi$sed me off almost as much is that when he was being subbed against Bray it took him about 30 seconds to get off the pitch. There was only 5 or 6 minutes left in a game that would've seen us safe if we scored and he just sauntered off.

Yes. He likes himself a little too much methinks. He's a good player. Hopefully he'll mature up a bit next season. He's very good for team morale in ways but then not a team player in others. Also, I hope theres no animosity between Doyle and Doolin over him being left out the last month. I just sense something there i don't like...

As for the montrose shenanigans, When i tried to get tony mac involved in the shoot out he pointed out that Doolo (i'm sorry, but dooly just doesn't sound right!) was asking him to put a stop to it.

Do you remember Macker saying that he was gonna fix it so that we could play one f on the pitch at half time next season...:>

Schumi
28/01/2003, 5:51 PM
Do you remember Macker saying that he was gonna fix it so that we could play one f on the pitch at half time next season...:> $hit yeah, I'd forgotten completely about that.

Excellent.

@ndy
28/01/2003, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by CollegeTillIDie
Bazza is the one most likely to leave as he has no other income other than football. Pat Jennings will over time become a great keeper.

I agree. I hope Pat hangs around. I think he has a lot of talent. he just needs football. I hear his oul fella was Packie Bonner aswell ;)

On the bazza subject, it'll be very sad to see him go, especially to bohs...the thought of hearing a few thousand singing ...'bazzi, bazzi, bazzi' next season...ugh. I'd like to see what the wage increase would be. It might be a fantastic investment to keep him.

UCD_4_Life
28/01/2003, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by CollegeTillIDie
Lads

Let's get real for a minute. Why would Clive go to St.Pat's? it would be a backward step. Pat's are in financial trouble. Our wages are probably on a par with theirs.

Well the chances are Pat's will be going for europe next year and also he'll get the chance to play in front of bigger crowds. The chance of some proper derbies would be nice too.

I hope he doesn't, but I can understand why he would leave.

I saw this to$ser on "You're on Sky Sports" the other night talking about Brian Kerr. Apparently because he had only worked with Pat's and Drogheda etc. (which were below 3rd division standard according to him) he didn't deserve the job.

He was from Monaghan, figures really...

pineapple stu
28/01/2003, 8:33 PM
The Montrose basically closed at 3:30 or so and we were all asked to head home - don't think there was any animosity about it!

Thought Cawley was grand myself - Hugh Davey was gas though - well drunk! He must have challenged me to pool about 10 times! Not to mention how many times he told me never to ignore him again if he was on the bus!

What's all that craic about Theo being a good shot?! I though I saved that?!?!

And schumi - believe me, @ndy got those peas out of his system all right - I was there for it!!!

Anybody else remember me going over to give Hugh Davey and Bazza (his head) a shave?! Mad stuff altogether. One of the players was offering to buy the last round (just after the tab ended), so we can't have been in their bad books too much! (Or at least not me anyway!) Was f***ed for work the next morning though! :)

I'm sure there's more - I vaguely remember heckling one of the committee trying to get them let us do their audit for some reason...!

I see the camera was being handed around as well - or at least there's no way I took that many pictures! I'll download them and send them around in the next day or two - clean out your inboxes, 'cos there's nearly 40 shots!

Great night though!

Schumi
29/01/2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Hugh Davey was gas though - well drunk! He must have challenged me to pool about 10 times! Not to mention how many times he told me never to ignore him again if he was on the bus! It can't be a good sign that players recognise fans but not vice versa!

Originally posted by pineapple stu
I see the camera was being handed around as well - or at least there's no way I took that many pictures! I'll download them and send them around in the next day or two - clean out your inboxes, 'cos there's nearly 40 shots!
DON'T SEND THEM TO MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT.