PDA

View Full Version : eircom League series 7 betting

DmanDmythDledge
18/04/2007, 3:49 PM
Paddy Power (http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=GoCoupons&category=SOCCER&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=49&id=289)

Odds on UCD to win/draw seem a bit long. Rovers and Mons also have good odds to get a draw.

DRDoc
18/04/2007, 4:12 PM
Im liking Cork to win at bray at 1.90

A good asian handicap should also be available on Shamrock Rovers

And if your a pats fan and you believe the will be challenging come november them 2.10 to beat sligo is great

Raheny Red
18/04/2007, 6:09 PM
Going to put a very small stake on Bohs, Derry, Cork, and Rovers/Drogs and Waterford/longford to be draws - it's about 36/1!

Sorry to hijack the thread but could someone briefly explain the over 2.5 betting market? :o cheers ;)

JC_GUFC
18/04/2007, 6:32 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but could someone briefly explain the over 2.5 betting market? :o cheers ;)

How many goals will there be in the game.

Under 2.5 i.e. 0, 1 or 2
or
Over 2.5 i.e. 3+

This is one of the more popular markets, the average goals per game in the eircom league is something like 2.2 - obviously in games like Longford v Waterford under 2.5 goals will be a bit shorter odds than something like Bohs v Galway.

Schumi
18/04/2007, 6:35 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but could someone briefly explain the over 2.5 betting market? :o cheers ;)Over 2.5 goals market? If you bet on over 2.5 goals in, say, Bohs v Galway, you win if 3 goals or more are scored in the game. If you bet on under 2.5 goals, you win if 2 goals or fewer are scored.

Dodge
18/04/2007, 7:02 PM
obviously in games like Longford v Waterford under 2.5 goals will be a bit shorter odds than something like Bohs v Galway.
Would this be the Galway/Bohs that have scored only 9 between them this season? I'll have some of that unders please...

Raheny Red
18/04/2007, 7:58 PM
Cheers lads :cool:

JC_GUFC
19/04/2007, 3:30 PM
Any fancies this weekend lads? I'm finding it difficult to spot anything worth a bet...

Dodge
19/04/2007, 3:45 PM
Drogheda approaching 6/4 to beat Rovers on betfair is tempting

Oh and unders on the Bohs/Galway game at 1.72 on betfair looks good

Agree there's not much out there

pineapple stu
19/04/2007, 4:05 PM
Wexford to beat Kilkenny is 10/11. Wexford have had a good start and Kilkenny are Kilkenny. That's my tenner for the weekend anyways, plus a few quid on a 0-0 in Derry.

Lot of games where all three options are over evens - has to be money there. Calling them is the tricky bit though. Drogheda to beat Rovers? Longford and Waterford to draw? Pat's to beat Sligo? Dundalk and Limerick to draw? Even Cork almost evens to beat Bray.

Definitely not a week for any sort of accumulator though.

el punter
20/04/2007, 8:29 AM
Bohemians v Galway United

Bohs last week presented their credentials for a full inspection against current table-toppers St. Pats, and were not found wanting. This presents a daunting scenario then for a Galway side which hasn't managed a goal on the road yet. The time for all the 'false position' guff has to stop now if United are to survive in the top tier. Last week presented them with an ideal chance to get a first win under their belt; yet again they fluffed their lines. However Bohs look to short for a bet. Pass.

Previous meetings:
No games between these two sides last season.

Stan James Prices
4/7 Bohs
12/5 Draw
9/2 Galway

Bray Wanderers v Cork City

Three defeats on the bounce, aligned with a publicly apologetic manager surely is beginnning to wear thin for followers of the Seagulls. There were big changes in the playing staff off-season, but on the pitch not much has changed. Schoolgirl defending has been their downfall, and a Cork City outfit which is beginning to feel it's way into the season will surely take full advantage. 10/11 is a betting price for the Leesiders.

Stan James Prices
3/1 Bray
9/4 Draw
4/5 Cork

Previous meetings:

Bray Wanderers 2-1 Cork City Eircom League Premier Division 2006 13 Oct 06
Cork City 6-0 Bray Wanderers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 29 Sep 06
Bray Wanderers 0-0 Cork City Eircom League Premier Division 2006 14 Apr 06

Derry City v UCD

OK, so the Students failed to score against the Foylesiders in 4 meetings last term - but let's call a stocking a stocking - they are giving them away at the moment. What a headache Nutsy has....does he place his confidence in PJ or Ola? The suggestion is that there would still be a problem if they were both to play. Anyway, it's Pat Fenlon's job to ponder the problem. UCD do exactly what it says on the tin; just add goals. Derry have cost me enough money so far, no further betting on their games until they sort out their cat-astrophe.

Stan James Prices
4/7 Derry
12/5 Draw
9/2 UCD

Previous meetings:
Derry City 2-0 UCD FAI Cup 2006 1 Oct 06
Derry City 0-0 UCD Eircom League Premier Division 2006 3 Sep 06
UCD 0-0 Derry City Eircom League Premier Division 2006 2 Jun 06
Derry City 2-0 UCD Eircom League Premier Division 2006 10 Mar 06

Longford Town v Waterford United

Every football hacks' nightmare sentence...'your fired!' Nope it's, 'your covering Longford and Waterford on Friday night.' Between them, these two hobbits of the 2007 season have amassed four goals and four points from a combined total of twelve outings. Bizarrely, Longford have taken 'nil points' at home, while Waterford have taken 'nil points' on the road. Doesn't this mean that something's got to give? Rather than recommending a bet I would just say don't back Longford at a short price.

Stan James Prices
5/4 Longford
2/1 Draw
2/1 Waterford

Previous meetings:

Waterford United 1-2 Longford Town Eircom League Premier Division 2006 20 Oct 06 View Details
Longford Town 1-0 Waterford United FAI Cup 2006 28 Aug 06
Waterford United 1-1 Longford Town FAI Cup 2006 25 Aug 06
Longford Town 3-0 Waterford United Eircom League Premier Division 2006 22 Jul 06
Waterford United 0-0 Longford Town Eircom League Premier Division 2006 21 Apr 06

Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United

Two sides steeped in the unglamorous art of defending clash in what's likely to be a low scoring game. Unfortunately for the Italians amongst us, some of the league's finest protagonists of the genre will not be on show, with Gavin, Gartland and Price all injured. Paul Doolin's squad is dangerously close to critical mass, and they have the Setanta Cup semi-final just around the bend. Pat Scully will be relishing this challenge on behalf of his impressive young side as they find their level in the Premier League. Too many uncertanties about the Drogs line up to have a bet.

Stan James Prices
2/1 Shamrock Rovers
2/1 Draw
5/4 Drogheda Utd

Previous meetings:

No games between these sides last season.

Sligo Rovers v St. Patrick’s Athletic

The Saints of course provide the opposition in the aforementioned Setanta semi; but they return to league action having dropped their first points of an exhilirating season thus far. Richmond Park wasn't built in a day, and word of Stephen Rice's man-marking job on Joe Ndo will surely have reached Leo Tierney's lobes. Pats have taken maximum points on the road; Rovers must end a run which has seen them lose two on the trot, and fail to score on both occasions. Pats are a top-price 6/5 at Bet Chronicle, it's a bit of value and my only significant bet this weekend.

Stan James Prices
9/4 Sligo
9/4 Draw
EVS St Pats

Previous meetings:

Sligo Rovers 3-2 St Patricks Athletic Eircom League Premier Division 2006 23 Sep 06 St Patricks Athletic 3-1 Sligo Rovers Eircom League Premier Division 2006 30 Jun 06
Sligo Rovers 1-1 St Patricks Athletic Eircom League Premier Division 2006 1 Apr 06

Raheny Red
20/04/2007, 1:02 PM
Going to put a very small stake on Bohs, Derry, Cork, and Rovers/Drogs and Waterford/longford to be draws - it's about 36/1!

The same bet is a bit over 40/1 with Ladbrokes.

Gonna do a ridiculous accumulator on Derby, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Man Yoo, Sunderland, Forrest, Rangers, Gretna, St. Johnstone, Chelsea, and Celtic. :D :cool:

gustavo
20/04/2007, 1:38 PM
The same bet is a bit over 40/1 with Ladbrokes.

Gonna do a ridiculous accumulator on Derby, Blackburn, Liverpool, Everton, Man Yoo, Sunderland, Forrest, Rangers, Gretna, St. Johnstone, Chelsea, and Celtic. :D :cool:
Thats 426/1:D

feo123
20/04/2007, 8:18 PM
bohs and derry c**ts

gustavo
20/04/2007, 10:44 PM
bohs and derry c**ts

My thoughts exaclty!

pineapple stu
21/04/2007, 2:54 AM
Hey, dmanetc warned you!

Dodge
21/04/2007, 10:22 PM
Drogheda approaching 6/4 to beat Rovers on betfair is tempting

Oh and unders on the Bohs/Galway game at 1.72 on betfair looks good

Agree there's not much out there

I didn't get to back them in the end...

el punter
22/04/2007, 4:15 AM
I didn't get to back them in the end...

and the price was gone for Pats when I went to back them, so I didn't bet.

Ouch

pineapple stu
22/04/2007, 6:56 PM
Wexford to beat Kilkenny is 10/11. Wexford have had a good start and Kilkenny are Kilkenny. That's my tenner for the weekend anyways
:o

Only the third time all season Kilkenny have managed to avoid defeat, and I've had money against them on two of those occasions. Feck 'em anyway.