PDA

View Full Version : Pats/Drogs unlikely to be seeded in UEFA Cup

paudie
18/04/2007, 1:05 PM
I thought that they would be seeded in the first round but it doesn't look like it according to Bert.

www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2007.html

It looks like the only way one of our teams could be seeded is if none of the Fair Play places is awarded to the Northern region but as usual those peace loving Scandanavians are leading the Fair Play table. The leading team in the fairplay table gets a place and at the moment its Sweden followed by Denmark and Norway I think.

Dodge
18/04/2007, 1:32 PM
We (both clubs) defintely won't be seeded. We knew this all along. Going along the same geographical groups as last time out we know all of the qualifiers bar Denmark's representatives.

iceman
18/04/2007, 1:46 PM
We (both clubs) defintely won't be seeded. We knew this all along. Going along the same geographical groups as last time out we know all of the qualifiers bar Denmark's representatives.
Have you got a list there Dodge? Im thinking of doing some advance planning for the away legs. Did it last year and it paid off big time in travel savings.

OneRedArmy
18/04/2007, 1:50 PM
Derry would've been seeded in UEFA due to the club coefficient (and Shels in CL likewise).

Here's hoping Derry get one of the new CL nations like San Marino or Andorra as I'd hate to play anyone better given the way we are performing.

Rossi
18/04/2007, 3:27 PM
yeah im a bit worried about Derry's form at the moment regarding Europe.....still at least its not Shels!

paudie
18/04/2007, 3:44 PM
Derry would've been seeded in UEFA due to the club coefficient (and Shels in CL likewise).

Here's hoping Derry get one of the new CL nations like San Marino or Andorra as I'd hate to play anyone better given the way we are performing.

Possibility of Derry v Linfield in the CL first round. They would be some games.

OneRedArmy
18/04/2007, 3:53 PM
Possibility of Derry v Linfield in the CL first round. They would be some games.I'd rather poke my eye out with a stick (or indeed travel to Kazakstan, which would have the same effect, but cost more).

Risteard
18/04/2007, 4:04 PM
Are Derry definately seeded in the CL so?

DmanDmythDledge
18/04/2007, 4:06 PM
Are Derry definately seeded in the CL so?
Yes.:)

OneRedArmy
18/04/2007, 4:06 PM
Are Derry definately seeded in the CL so?Very seeded.

Club coefficient of 3.145 from memory...

kdjaC
18/04/2007, 5:38 PM
April 30th the fair play table gets redone so Cmon wales :D

Highly unlikely we will be seeded, i reckon we will get Randers from Denmark, once its not Latvia or Lithuania.

kdjac

OneRedArmy
18/04/2007, 5:57 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pi(e):D I've been outed as a nerd

Dodge
18/04/2007, 5:58 PM
Highly unlikely we will be seeded, i reckon we will get Randers from Denmark, once its not Latvia or Lithuania.

Riga would do me. Cheap to get to, decent spot, and not unbeatable

These are the teams so far that are probably going to be seeded

Denmark; Unknown
Norway: Fredrikstad FK, SK Brann Bergen, Vålerengen IF
Sweden: AIK Stockholm, Helsingsborg IF
Finland; HJK Helsinki, Haka Valkeakoski
Latvia; Metalurgs Liepaja, Skonto Riga
Lithuania: Suduva Marijampole, Ekranas Panevezys

JC_GUFC
18/04/2007, 6:00 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pi(e)

LOL - POTM! :D

kdjaC
18/04/2007, 6:02 PM

These are the teams so far that are probably going to be seeded

Denmark; Unknown

I have been on recon to denmark quite a bit and these are the 2 options from there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Midtjylland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odense_BK

Copenhagen(will be champions) in cup final vs Midgieland

Both less than an hour from Bilund airport which is a ryanair spot, we going to randers its fate :)

kdjac

iceman
18/04/2007, 6:17 PM
Once Drogs dont get Norway again , very expensive last year. €10 for a burger , €7 for a bottle of beer and €35 for match ticket! Helsinki was a bit cheaper but with the exception of Latvia and Lithuania , this is an expensive section to play in.

Steve Bruce
19/04/2007, 8:28 AM
I'd rather poke my eye out with a stick (or indeed travel to Kazakstan, which would have the same effect, but cost more).

Be honest the real reason is, you would like to progress to the next round.

DCFC aha aha aha, aha aha aha, aha aha aha;) :D

OneRedArmy
19/04/2007, 10:01 AM
Be honest the real reason is, you would like to progress to the next round.

DCFC aha aha aha, aha aha aha, aha aha aha;) :DNot really, its actually because if I'm forced to encounter widespread deprivation and lawlessness I'd like to do it somewhere warm......
;)

lofty9
19/04/2007, 10:15 AM
Once Drogs dont get Norway again , very expensive last year. €10 for a burger , €7 for a bottle of beer and €35 for match ticket! Helsinki was a bit cheaper but with the exception of Latvia and Lithuania , this is an expensive section to play in.

You don't get to Dublin much then?

Steve Bruce
19/04/2007, 10:39 AM
Not really, its actually because if I'm forced to encounter widespread deprivation and lawlessness I'd like to do it somewhere warm......

Of course it is;)

The only reason why I wouldn't want Derry City is because only a hand full of Linfield supporters are allowed to go. The result would be a formality though:D :cool:

OneRedArmy
19/04/2007, 11:13 AM
The only reason why I wouldn't want Derry City is because only a hand full of Linfield supporters are allowed to go. The result would be a formality though:D :cool:Don't you lot have other commitments around the 12th of July?:D

pete
19/04/2007, 12:10 PM
The lowest ranked seeded team in the 1st qualifying round of the Uefa Cup had 1.925 points last year so I can't see how anyone can say for definitely that the LOI teams will be unseeded.

2006-2007 Uefa Cup ranking (http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2006.html)

Without knowing what teams have qualified & who wins the Fair Play places its pure guess work.

:confused:

Cymro
19/04/2007, 12:49 PM
Shame the Irish sides won't be seeded in the UEFA Cup. I was rather looking forward to seeing a repeat of Carmarthen v Longford. ;)

On the positive side, it means your sides won't be going too far for their first round tie. Scandinavia looks the likely bet.

Derry are more than likely to meet an amateur or semi-pro side in the CL qualifiers, because those aren't done in zones like the UEFA Cup.

Toughest draw they could get is probably Armenia, Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan, all of which are obviously daunting away trips, paticularly in terms of distance. Plus they could get a Montenegrin side, don't know much about them but they could be a banana skin.

They could also get Linfield or TNS (assuming they win their leagues). But the majority of unseeded teams look pretty easy draws on paper. You've got a 50-50 chance of getting an opponent from the likes of San Marino, Luxembourg, Andorra, Faroe Islands, and other small countries.

As for whoever wins the League of Wales, plus Linfield, they'll want to avoid the Croatian side or the Slovakians (potentially Artmedia Bratislava). Derry would probably be the ideal draw, though there are some weaker leagues in there, like Macedonia. Just want to avoid the heavyweights and get through at least one round.

Steve Bruce
19/04/2007, 12:49 PM
Don't you lot have other commitments around the 12th of July?:D

Linfield is my own heritage and culture. Anything else doesn't measure up:cool:

Dodge
19/04/2007, 2:01 PM
Without knowing what teams have qualified & who wins the Fair Play places its pure guess work.

Pats/Drogs take the LOI score as its higher than our club score. The clubs are all pretty much known for our side of the draw. I've listed them above. We're higher than the others (NI, wales, Far=oes, Iceland etc)

Cymro
19/04/2007, 3:48 PM
Pats/Drogs take the LOI score as its higher than our club score. The clubs are all pretty much known for our side of the draw. I've listed them above. We're higher than the others (NI, wales, Far=oes, Iceland etc)

Question.

Why have NI got the same country coefficient as us yet their clubs have higher ones and are seeded higher?

Same with Azerbaijan, actually they're lower than us.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2007.html

BohsFans
19/04/2007, 4:01 PM
Heads up Derry fans, BATE Borisov and Levadia Tallinn are two brilliant away trips! ;) :)

OneRedArmy
19/04/2007, 4:03 PM
Question.

Why have NI got the same country coefficient as us yet their clubs have higher ones and are seeded higher?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2007.htmlBecause individual clubs who get through to the first round proper of a tournament get a club coefficient which supercedes their national coefficient (which is based on average performance of entrants).

Therefore if there is one strong club in a poorly performing nation, they will often have a higher club coefficient than national coefficient.

Réiteoir
19/04/2007, 4:14 PM
July 28/29, 2007 - 3rd round Intertoto Cup, 2nd leg
July 31/August 1, 2007 - 2nd qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg
August 2, 2007 - 1st qualifying round UEFA Cup, 2nd leg

Any ties with Irish clubs in the south of Norway on those dates would be grand thanks

kdjaC
19/04/2007, 4:32 PM
Odd question but what team will Shels fans be supporting and travelling to Euro games with?

kdjac

Cymro
19/04/2007, 4:35 PM
Because individual clubs who get through to the first round proper of a tournament get a club coefficient which supercedes their national coefficient (which is based on average performance of entrants).

Therefore if there is one strong club in a poorly performing nation, they will often have a higher club coefficient than national coefficient.

I know that, but all the IL clubs have the same club coefficient......it's just higher than ours, but we both have the same country coefficient. :confused:

It's not like Linfield have a higher coefficient and the rest have an average one.

I'll never understand the way these things work :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
19/04/2007, 4:43 PM
I know that, but all the IL clubs have the same club coefficient......it's just higher than ours, but we both have the same country coefficient. :confused:

It's not like Linfield have a higher coefficient and the rest have an average one.

I'll never understand the way these things work :rolleyes:Sorry I obviously misread. That doesn't sound right :confused:

paudie
19/04/2007, 4:49 PM
The lowest ranked seeded team in the 1st qualifying round of the Uefa Cup had 1.925 points last year so I can't see how anyone can say for definitely that the LOI teams will be unseeded.

2006-2007 Uefa Cup ranking (http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2006.html)

All Berts hard work is wasted on you:mad:

The link in the first post in the thread gives the seeding for 07/08 UEFA Cup.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/...eeduc2007.html

Even though our clubs coefficients are higher than last year they are not high enough to definitely mean we're seeded. Most seeded teams in our section are known (Norway/Sweden/Finland). The only unknowns are Denmark (will be ahead of us) and the fair play teams (looking likely to be at least one team from our section with a higher rating)

OneRedArmy
19/04/2007, 4:54 PM
They key point as stated above is that the Scandinavians tend to feature heavily in the fair play places, they have higher coefficients than us and are therefore likely to knock Drogs and Pats unseeded.

eirebhoy
19/04/2007, 6:19 PM
Question.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2007.html
The reason for that is because the team coefficient is the 5 years from 02/03 to 06/07. The country ranking is 01/02 to 05/06. ie. we know the country rankings for next season since last year but we won't know all the team coeffients until after the CL final.

Welsh clubs did well in Europe in 01/02 so they'll lose that for next seasons club coeffient.

I hope that explains it.

Cymro
19/04/2007, 6:52 PM
Cheers eb

Schumi
19/04/2007, 6:54 PM
Because individual clubs who get through to the first round proper of a tournament get a club coefficient which supercedes their national coefficient (which is based on average performance of entrants).Only if they get a result afaik.

pete
19/04/2007, 10:59 PM
Even though our clubs coefficients are higher than last year they are not high enough to definitely mean we're seeded.

I never said they would be seeded.

Most seeded teams in our section are known (Norway/Sweden/Finland). The only unknowns are Denmark (will be ahead of us) and the fair play teams (looking likely to be at least one team from our section with a higher rating)

The Scandinavian teams always do well i the fair play table. All I said was with current ranking points the teams would have been seeded last year but because teams and regions have completed yet can't know for sure yet.

Dr.Nightdub
19/04/2007, 11:10 PM
Don't think many Pats fans even think we'll be seeded. I can handle the idea of being unseeded, considering we didn't even expect to be in Europe originally. Be nice to spring a surprise on someone too.

paudie
20/04/2007, 12:34 PM
All I said was with current ranking points the teams would have been seeded last year but because teams and regions have completed yet can't know for sure yet.

I know we can't be sure. Hence the thread title not being "Pats/Drogs definitely unseeded"

Raheny Red
20/04/2007, 1:17 PM
Odd question but what team will Shels fans be supporting and travelling to Euro games with?

kdjac

You're right, what a very odd question!