PDA

View Full Version : Advertisement for General Manager

vssn
24/01/2003, 5:48 PM
Money and Jobs section of todays Examiner ran the following ad "Cork City Football Club seek to appoint a General Manager - the person will be responsible for the off-field activities of the club. Key areas of responsibilty will include the administration of finance, liaison with club personnel, liaison with the press and suppliers, fund-raising, co-ordinating club strategy. Experience in management at senior level would be an advantage and a salary package commensurate with experience will be offered. Applications should be forwarded to ...... by February 6th, 2003"

IMO a step in the right direction towards becoming a professional set-up.

joe
24/01/2003, 6:12 PM
presumably there is already a glut of applications winging their way in the direction of CCFC from the internet geeks who *know* how to run a football club :p

patsh
24/01/2003, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by joe
presumably there is already a glut of applications winging their way in the direction of CCFC from the internet geeks who *know* how to run a football club :p
I would say that someone knowing nothing about how a football club is run would be better.
"the administration of finance,
liaison with club personnel,
liaison with the press and suppliers,
fund-raising,
co-ordinating club strategy."
Substitute the word company for club, and what you have is a senior company mangement position, as is
obvious from "Experience in management at senior level would be an advantage".

A strictly business-minded person with no baggage is whats needed.......
Better dust off that CV....:D :D :D

dahamsta
24/01/2003, 9:27 PM
presumably there is already a glut of applications winging their way in the direction of CCFC from the internet geeks who *know* how to run a football club

Overqualified.

adam

Peadar
25/01/2003, 9:14 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari
[B]Overqualified.

Couldn't agree with you more Adam.
You're an Internet geek and you know nothing about football :D

The Donie Forde
25/01/2003, 9:18 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I would say that someone knowing nothing about how a football club is run would be better.

We've had them for decades....:D :D :D :D

Donie

Éanna
26/01/2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
you know nothing about football :D
always knew you were gunther in disguise :D :D :D

Good to see the club making this tep though. hope it isn´t another farce like cantillon´s appointment and subsequent vanishing

fonzi
27/01/2003, 10:26 AM
well i have worked in boots, roches stores, havana browns roches again.
i want that job.think i should go for it?

pete
27/01/2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by joe

I don't understand what your implying there?

:confused:

Originally posted by fonzi
well i have worked in boots, roches stores, havana browns roches again.
i want that job.think i should go for it?
[/B]

Might be best to remove Havana Browns from the CV as there probably enough drinking at the club already.

;)