PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office 2007

joeSoap
17/04/2007, 9:39 PM
I just got a complimentary upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007. I use Office mostly for Word, Outlook and Powerpoint. Currently I am using the 2003 version. My IT guy in the office told me not to install it as it is completely different from the 2003 version and very difficult to use. He said that the outlook is fine, but the Microsoft Word is very complicated for mail merge and other stuff and that I would have to take a course in it. There is also no File Edit View Tools' links to use.

He says the 2003 version is better and easier to use. Has anyone used this product yet, or be familiar with it?

Peadar
17/04/2007, 10:16 PM
It's a superb product and you IT guy is insulting your intelligence.
It's certainly different but there was a time when you didn't know how to use other versions of MS Office.
I think your IT guy is afraid that you'll know more than him.

kdjaC
17/04/2007, 11:22 PM
Dont install XP ...3.1 is better is has floppy support!!!

Go for it tbh its a lot better just expensive maybe hes cutting costs by converting evreyone to the cheaper 2003.

kdjac

gustavo
18/04/2007, 9:21 AM
I found 2007 tricky at first to get used to the new "ribbon" menu style but after that it was fine.

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 9:28 AM
www.openoffice.org

free, microsoft compatible and supported by Sun, one of the worlds leaders in the tech industry. give it a try.

Jerry The Saint
18/04/2007, 10:06 AM
I found 2007 tricky at first to get used to the new "ribbon" menu style but after that it was fine.

A lot of people have developed their own ways of navigating around Office so the new menu style can be a little daunting at first if you're trying to do something in a hurry. I've found the new system is much better though once you get used to it.

kdjaC
18/04/2007, 9:31 PM
www.openoffice.org

free, microsoft compatible and supported by Sun, one of the worlds leaders in the tech industry. give it a try.

Handy for home use but doesnt cut in workplace as Office is easier to run over a network.

kdjac