PDA

View Full Version : FAO: The CCFC Lies & Propaganda Department

WeAreRovers
22/01/2003, 4:49 PM
according to the Garda Inspector who was in charge at Richmond Park last Friday - "Nothing happened" between Rovers and Cork fans.

Your Echo buddy Noel (10 Rovers fans arrested) Spillane is in the **** now for printing utter ******.

ROVERS FOR EUROPE

KOH

Colm
22/01/2003, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
Your Echo buddy Noel (10 Rovers fans arrested) Spillane is in the **** now for printing utter ******.
I hope he does get into trouble for it but I doubt it, I mean hes been printing 'utter ******' about us for years.

SPILLANE OUT!!!

pete
22/01/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers

De Echo has the same journalistic standards as the Evening Herald - no substance at all.

I'm not defending anyone & maybe i'm blinked but I saw no Rovers fans last friday - maybe they confused with a few Glasgow
Celtic hooped jerseys?

Even if there were any arrests a figure such as 10 would be a lot for any eL game as big difference between thrown out of a ground & actually being brought down to the station & arrested.

:rolleyes:

Shed End John
23/01/2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by pete
De Echo has the same journalistic standards as the Evening Herald - no substance at all.

Exactly, most journalists will lie/exaggerate/make up or whatever the case may be to get a story and get people reading it.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
23/01/2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Exactly, most journalists will lie/exaggerate/make up or whatever the case may be to get a story and get people reading it.

I wouldn't go that far but in the Evening Heralds case (not read for long while) they love sensational headlines would nothing to back them up in the actual "articles".

Shed End John
23/01/2003, 4:28 PM
I wouldn't go that far but in the Evening Heralds case (not read for long while) they love sensational headlines would nothing to back them up in the actual "articles".

Typical tabloid journalists, then!:D

Murphy Out Now!!!

niamh
23/01/2003, 5:30 PM
Ah...those bloody journalists!!

TommyT
23/01/2003, 8:21 PM

Even if there were any arrests a figure such as 10 would be a lot for any eL game as big difference between thrown out of a ground & actually being brought down to the station & arrested.

:rolleyes:

There were loads of Rovers fans there last Friday, it was an important game for us. The Richmond coppers (same every week) and the 'secuirty'(used by all Dublin Clubs) would recognise them even if you didn't. In fact, no messin, there were probably as many Rovers as Cork.

Anyway the above quote is true but no one was even thrown out (apart from the sloshed City fans) and Spillane says there was actual trouble BEFORE the game, which there wasn't, Cork fans who travelled can confirm this.

Hecko
24/01/2003, 8:28 AM
There were loads of Rovers fans there last Friday, it was an important game for us. The Richmond coppers (same every week) and the 'secuirty'(used by all Dublin Clubs) would recognise them even if you didn't. In fact, no messin, there were probably as many Rovers as Cork.

Agree 100% with Tommy T. No Rovers fans caused bother, Nto a bit of trouble before the game and the City boys were put out, mainly for their own safety. I'm not a fan of the cops or of the Rochmond Stewrads, but over all I thought, both did a fair job. I saw no arrests.

I reckon the Rovers fans who were there are probably real eL fans interested in Rovers qualifying for Europe and not the scum bags who go to Cork, Dalyer and Tolka for the excuse of acting the maggot

Hecko
24/01/2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
I hate him too. "Sailing" and "Maggie May" were both crap.

Surely not. What about "You're in my heart"...

"The big bosomed lady with the Dutch accent
who tried to change my point of view
Her ad lib lines were well rehearsed
but my heart cried out for you

You're an essay in glamour
Please pardon the grammar
but you're every schoolboy's dream
You're Celtic, United, but baby I've decided
You're the best team I've ever seen"

Beat that for a football chant
:)

@ndy
24/01/2003, 3:49 PM
Tolka, Santry, or Richmond Park,
But you'll never play at home,
You'll never play at home...:P

Andy.

hooper
24/01/2003, 6:44 PM
you shagged your muther
and your sister
yuo have even shagged your brother
your an inbred *******

A comment on the commen practice of inbreeding in the rural communities such as our own.

Also i have one more

Id rather be homeless then inbred
say id rather be homeless
say id rather be homeless
rather be homeless
id rather be hoeless than inbred

I thank you

James
20/03/2003, 2:47 PM
KOH scum
:D

patsh
20/03/2003, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by hooper
you shagged your muther
and your sister
yuo have even shagged your brother
your an inbred *******

A comment on the commen practice of inbreeding in the rural communities such as our own.

I thank you
What you do in your own community does not surprise anybody!
:D :rolleyes: :D

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
What you do in your own community does not surprise anybody!
:D :rolleyes: :D

And it's also something those of us here in civilisation don't need or care to know about.:p :p

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 4:36 PM
You seem to be familiar with both conditions. I'm afraid we'll have to take your word for it - I think they call it the voice of experince...

What's this, then? Conor taking the p**s. About time the boy showed there was a bit of life in him.:D :D

Shed End John
20/03/2003, 4:48 PM
I should try that "off topic" board sometime...

;)

Or at least try making some use of it other than discussions of outdated music.;) :D