13/04/2007, 6:56 PM
Drogs 1 up, Zayed

sligoman
13/04/2007, 6:58 PM
Limerick 1 up in Kilkenny

RĂ©iteoir
13/04/2007, 6:59 PM
Friday Sportsnight available here:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer_av.html?1,null,200,http://www.rte.ie/smiltest/radio_new.smil

sligoman
13/04/2007, 7:12 PM
Drogs 2 up now:(.

EDIT: 3-0:mad:

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 7:13 PM
Drogs 3-0

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 7:36 PM
Shels 0 - 1 Mons
Galway 1 - 0 Lonford

sligoman
13/04/2007, 7:57 PM
Galway 1-0 up:eek:. Stephen O'Flynn.

RĂ©iteoir
13/04/2007, 8:04 PM
Magic Mons Sink Shels

one for the papers there

The Man Himself
13/04/2007, 8:20 PM
waterford 0 derry 1

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 8:21 PM
Finn harps 0 - 1 Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouths !!!!!
whoooooo

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 8:26 PM
Shels 1 - 1 Mons
Galway 1 - 1 Longford

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 8:32 PM
Finn Harps 0 - 2 Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouths!!

Aaron
13/04/2007, 8:42 PM
Waterford 0-1 City

FT:)

Thunder-WYFC
13/04/2007, 8:50 PM
Come on you boys in black.

Must say what a result,away to a side as experienced as FH and only leaving early in the morning to travel up such a long distance.

oriel
13/04/2007, 8:51 PM
What on earth has happened Finn Harps this year ? didn`t one of their fans on here say this was meant to be their strongest team in years ??? there`s obviously something serious going on at the club as they looked a half decent side v us on the fist game of the season and should have got at least a draw in that game.

Hegarty has to be skatting on thin ice already ?

Thunder-WYFC
13/04/2007, 8:53 PM
1-2 now

89th minute goal for Harps

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 8:55 PM
FT FH 1 - 2 Yoooooooooooouths !!!! wwoohhhooo

sligoman
13/04/2007, 9:05 PM
Longford keeper saved an Alan Murphy penalty in the 92nd minute:D. Longford pick up a point at last!

chippie0001
13/04/2007, 9:39 PM
Have to say for a team that has had as good a start as Pats, I thought they were very poor tonight. The offered nothing going forward and I don't think Murphy really had a save to make in the entire game. We created a bit, Crowe hit the post and Ryan made a great save near the end. All in all a very positive performance, our best of the season.

dubman
13/04/2007, 10:20 PM
Have to say for a team that has had as good a start as Pats, I thought they were very poor tonight. The offered nothing going forward and I don't think Murphy really had a save to make in the entire game. We created a bit, Crowe hit the post and Ryan made a great save near the end. All in all a very positive performance, our best of the season.

Pats were slow to a lot tonight, not very good. But if your best performance is a draw to us. It shows how far we are moving away from the small teams like Bohs.

Hibs4Ever
13/04/2007, 10:47 PM

A weak shot in 90 minute was only thing that trouble Barry Ryan tonoight. If thats a positive performance for Bohs then you're fooked

niallsparky
13/04/2007, 10:48 PM
A weak shot in 90 minute was only thing that trouble Barry Ryan tonoight. If thats a positive performance for Bohs then you're fooked

Where you at the match mate?

Hibs4Ever
13/04/2007, 10:54 PM
Where you at the match mate?

I was indeed. Please inform me of what I've left out in my comments!

Dr.Nightdub
13/04/2007, 10:56 PM
Bohs came looking for a point, played 4-5-1, stifled us and got it. We just didn't have the guile to break them down, definitely our poorest performance of the season. In fairness to them they looked a bit sharper than us when they had the ball. Ryan had a couple of reasonably comfortable saves to make, Murphy had none. Nobody played anybody off the pitch.

Fair dues to the Bohs fans for the WWS banner and their participation in the minute's applause.

Thunder-WYFC
13/04/2007, 11:01 PM
Fair dues to the Bohs fans for the WWS banner and their participation in the minute's applause.

Whats this about?

harpstilidie
13/04/2007, 11:09 PM
What on earth has happened Finn Harps this year ? didn`t one of their fans on here say this was meant to be their strongest team in years ??? there`s obviously something serious going on at the club as they looked a half decent side v us on the fist game of the season and should have got at least a draw in that game.

Hegarty has to be skatting on thin ice already ?

I'd like to find out the answer for that question myself. Absolutely terrible tonight. Very very hard to watch. Wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't show up for our next home game. We lacked everything. We have alot better squad than last season and its probably better than our team that won the first division in 2005 so i just dont get it so far this season. IMO Hegarty has two years to prove himself so i wouldn't say he is skating on thin ice.

niallsparky
13/04/2007, 11:25 PM
No probs, but one of your fellow Bohs fans who was there thought it was a "very positive Bohs performance" so in my opinion, if thats a positive Bohs performance you're fooked

Good luck for rest of season

See, some of us just can't remember what a good performance is like after Farrelly's antics.

Skittles
13/04/2007, 11:30 PM
I have texts from a Pats fan saying that he was glad it was 0-0 at half time (and full-time) cause Pats could (and should) have been 3 down by half time.
Go back to being the small self pitying club that you always have been and are good at. You lot were lucky to come away with '0' tonight. Stop getting above your station. You're a small club (in my books on the same level as Longford) punching way above your weight. Competing with the big boys doesn't suit you, leave that to the proper clubs in the league...

Skittles
13/04/2007, 11:54 PM
I'm not a Pats fan but I don't recall Bohs being one of the big boys for several years now, unless thats the title that 5th gets you these days. Bohs won't finish in the top 3 this year so if I were you I'd drop the bull**** attitude before you are made to look silly come the end of the season, when you finish 4th or 5th.

Say what you like but everyone knows the big clubs (Bohs and Rovers) in this country. The teams that attract a crowd regardless of position in the table. You nearly all hate the Dublin clubs (why? for simply being better??) They include, Bohs Rovers, Cork, Derry and for a few years Shels. All the rest come and go and we're glad of then because they add to our gate for a season or two. No one would miss them. Drogheda, take note of Dundalk ( a far better club IMO). Pats, do likewise with Bray.. You're both so interchangable... It's all about making up the numbers..

Dyl10
13/04/2007, 11:58 PM
And who are the "big boys" you speak of? Pats? Drogheda? Cork? Derry?

Pats - yet to meet a big team
Drogheda - Couldn't overcome Bohs at Dalymount
Cork - Level on points with Bohs, but there is definite quality there.
Derry - need I mention anything?

So we got a strong Cork and Drogheda, I can't many others finishing above Bohs to leave them in 5th.

1. I laugh at your point on Pats. I see we are in agreement about Bohs not being a big team then.

2. Drogheda are better than Bohs and odds say if they drew with you in Dalymount they will probably beat you out of it

3. Cork will come good and aslong and as they dont lose O'Donovan they will push for the league

4. Your point about Derry is quite honestly mind boggling. They are going through a terrible spell, have met some of the top teams and are still only two points behind you

Red4Eva
14/04/2007, 1:39 AM
based on what i've seen the past 2 fridays drogs r f#ckin light years ahead of bohs&pat's r the only team i can see challenging em unless cork get the 2 boys playin soon

dfx-
14/04/2007, 2:31 AM
The most exciting game of the night finished 0-0 as well, boys and girls;) :p

Hibs4Ever
14/04/2007, 6:46 AM
I have texts from a Pats fan saying that he was glad it was 0-0 at half time (and full-time) cause Pats could (and should) have been 3 down by half time.
Go back to being the small self pitying club that you always have been and are good at. You lot were lucky to come away with '0' tonight. Stop getting above your station. You're a small club (in my books on the same level as Longford) punching way above your weight. Competing with the big boys doesn't suit you, leave that to the proper clubs in the league...

Stop the **** no Pats fan text you saying any of that.

As for the rest of your post, if just funny :D

hoopy
14/04/2007, 12:29 PM
Bohs came looking for a point, played 4-5-1, stifled us and got it. We just didn't have the guile to break them down, definitely our poorest performance of the season.

Would you agree then Nightdub after all we read in the papers from Johnny Mc re different systems, that whatever system Pats play can be nullified by simply packing the midfield?

Dr.Nightdub
14/04/2007, 1:41 PM
Stop the **** no Pats fan text you saying any of that.

Actually Hibbee, that was probably Gaz, he said much the same to me after the game. Skittles knows he's safe here cos Gaz doesn't post here - would love to see him post those comments on our forum where the Timelord could sort him out. ;)

Bohs, according to the comments on their own forum, played out of their skins. We, as acknowledged by nearly every Pats fan's comment I've read, were absolutely cack. It ended 0-0. That tells its own tale.

If I was a Bohs fan, I'd be wondering why the objective from the outset against Pats, a so-called nothing club, was to escape with a draw. I would've thought big clubs would have ambitions to match.

As regards who we've played: Derry away, Cork home and away (yes, "only" Setanta I know, not our fault Bohs aren't in it), Bohs at home. Three wins and a draw against what I'd imagine most people would term contenders. That's fine by me. Can't help it if we haven't played Drogheda yet.

Would you agree then Nightdub after all we read in the papers from Johnny Mc re different systems, that whatever system Pats play can be nullified by simply packing the midfield?

Not necessarily - Derry tried 4-5-1 against us in the Brandywell and look where it got them. Ndo was rubbish last night and Anto Murphy's still out, so we've scope for improvement on last night's performance. I reckon teams that want to achieve anything will try and give us a game as Cork did when they came to Richmond. Teams that aspire to mediocrity will now see Sean Connor as their poster boy and do the midfield-packing thing.

Still, it's nice that at this early stage, plenty of people seem terrified of us.:D

bohs til i die
14/04/2007, 1:44 PM
Bohs, according to the comments on their own forum, played out of their skins. We, as acknowledged by nearly every Pats fan's comment I've read, were absolutely cack. It ended 0-0. That tells its own tale.

If I was a Bohs fan, I'd be wondering why the objective from the outset against Pats, a so-called nothing club, was to escape with a draw. I would've thought big clubs would have ambitions to match.

Nightdub

Last night was our best performance of the season so we are happy to see things improve week on week. We hardly escaped with a draw, we missed a few very good chances, hit the post and forced one or two good stops from Barry Ryan.

BohDiddley
14/04/2007, 4:16 PM
Went to Richmond last night hoping (optimistically) for a draw and came away disappointed we didn't win. Much improved Bohs performance, but obviously not the finished article, as we failed to put Pats to the sword when we should have. A Saints let-off.
Still, brilliant attitude from the players -- a vast improvement on last season -- and things starting to click.
I don't know about Drogheda. Obviously they have a good squad, but when we played them they had a few decent games under our belt whereas we were on our first competitive outing and managed to hold them. If the trend continues, we'll be better when they come around again.
This big club debate is hilarious. Let's face it: there are no big clubs in Ireland, but we are The Big Club. Geddit? :ball:
Anyway, and I presume we can agree on this, it was good to see an eL ground full.

NeilMcD
14/04/2007, 7:42 PM
Yeah totally agree with that though Bohs were very hungry and did not let pats play there lovely passing game and bohs had the better chances. Good atmosphere and good to see the ground full but not sure why the shed was not open

kdjaC
14/04/2007, 7:49 PM

Without Anto Murphy we have no width which is essential part of any formation we play. Our squad is very thin and as predicted one injury to our best 11 and we suffer, altho good thing is we still havent lost.

I cant believe i typed that and every pats fan will agree with it :D

kdjac

kdjaC
14/04/2007, 8:35 PM
No. 3 man attack, Crowe left side, Fenn in the middle and Kingsberry on the right side.

Guess Johnny Mac was right most irish people are confused when their teams play anything other than a 442.

I shall try to enlighten you :

4-5-1 could be seen as a defensive formation, however if the two midfield wingers play a more attacking role it can be likened to 4-3-3. The formation can be used to grind out 0-0 draws or preserve a lead, as the packing of the centre midfield makes it difficult for the opposition to build-up play. Because of the 'closeness' of the midfield, the opposing team's forwards will often be starved of possession. However, due to the lone striker, the centre of the midfield does have the responsibility of pushing forward as well. The defensive midfielder Hunt will often control the pace of the game.

And

The 4-3-3 was a development of the 4-2-4, and was played by the Brazilian national team in the 1962 World Cup. The extra player in midfield allowed a stronger defence, and the midfield could be staggered for different effects. The three midfielders normally play closely together to protect the defence, and move laterally across the field as a coordinated unit. The three forwards split across the field to spread the attack, and are expected to "tackle back". When used from the start of a game, this formation is widely regarded as encouraging defensive play, and should not be confused with the practice of modifying a 4-4-2 by bringing on an extra forward to replace a midfield player when behind in the latter stages of a game.

Now when you use strikers and a midfielder as the wingers they tend to push onto the fullbacks so as to force them to either hoof it or play it inside to the midfield as the midfield is packed the result is a hoof. Which the defense mops up easily.

Should you any more enlightenment dont hesitate to ask.

:D

kdjac

BohsFans
14/04/2007, 8:52 PM
Guess Johnny Mac was right most irish people are confused when their teams play anything other than a 442.

I shall try to enlighten you :

And

Now when you use strikers and a midfielder as the wingers they tend to push onto the fullbacks so as to force them to either hoof it or play it inside to the midfield as the midfield is packed the result is a hoof. Which the defense mops up easily.

Should you any more enlightenment dont hesitate to ask.

:D

kdjac

I think your the one that needs a little enlightenment, you can post all the crap you want about Brazil, but I only want to discuss last nights match.

Pat's win a few games and their supporters turn into arrogant fools! :rolleyes:
They play a bit of 3 at the back and all of a sudden they're tactical geniuses preaching to the rest of us! The irony ain't lost on me.:)

kdjaC
14/04/2007, 9:00 PM
Pat's win a few games and their supporters turn into arrogant fools! :rolleyes:
They play a bit of 3 at the back and all of a sudden they're tactical geniuses preaching to the rest of us! The irony ain't lost on me.:)

But sarcasm is, all pats fans know we have a small squad and a cup is our best bet to get into Setanta/UEFA next season. And oh my forgive them for singing when their winning. We dont expect to win, Boh`s do and that would be why there are tonnes of Pats fans qing up to take the **** out of you.

I would be more afraid of Rovers than boh`s tbh. If boh`s cant score with mansaram fenn and crowe all playing together in a total football attacking team what is there to fear....Rowe!!!!!!!

kdjac

BohsFans
14/04/2007, 9:07 PM
We dont expect to win, Boh`s do

what?

SkStu
14/04/2007, 9:27 PM
oh dear P'a't's' fans. Check out the match reports in the paper, on the net and check out the highlights on youtube... and i listened on the radio. You were our b1tch last night. We owned you. You were lucky to get out of it with a draw.

I know us Bohs fans are an easy lot to wind up but this thread is hilarious.

sligoman
14/04/2007, 9:32 PM
Athlone Town 0-2 Kildare County. Amond with the two goals for Kildare.

Philly
14/04/2007, 10:30 PM
Amond is improving more and more for us. Great finish for the second goal. Rovers have one to watch there.

Magicme
15/04/2007, 10:57 AM
Magic Mons Sink Shels

one for the papers there

Thanks for the vote of confidence but maybe u should see a doc....u were a bit premature there!