PDA

View Full Version : U-18's v Eircom League (Semi-final)

ForzaWexford
13/04/2007, 4:07 PM
Lads just reminding ye that Wallaces U-18's are playing All-Ireland Semi Final on Sunday. The game is at home and I presume kick off is at 2.30.

The team have done well to progress this far but will surely be up against it this weekend, as they take on the pick of the Eircom League. Not sure how selection for the Eircom League works to be honest. All I know is that they have a fella from New Ross playing centre-mid, Greg Bolger. He's currently with UCD.

Wexford are unbeaten so far, winning their 3 group games, last 16 game + their quarter final:

1-0 win away to Combined Counties {Offaly, Westmeath, Laois}
5-0 win home to Wicklow
1-0 win away to Kilkenny

4-2 win home to Desmond League {Limerick}

1-0 win AET home to Waterford

passinginterest
13/04/2007, 4:13 PM
Best of luck Forza.

Would be a fantastic boost for the senior team to have the u.18 side win their third title.

Eircom league v Wexford youths matches have always been very close in the past, hope ye can sneak it.

Have ya been practising penalties? I've a feeling it might go that far.

wexman
13/04/2007, 4:15 PM
yea luking forward 2 this game have seen some of u 18 games this season wexford have a few good players with plenty of potential it will b a step up in class against el selection but u never know if they dig in a result is possible

ForzaWexford
13/04/2007, 4:23 PM
Ah there hasn't been much training going on recently to be honest. Training at 5 tomorrow though so I'm sure Mick will be giving his usual "Keep the ball low and hard, how many times have you seen the ball go over the bar? How many times have you seen the ball go under the line??" speech!

Tazskool
13/04/2007, 4:32 PM
"Keep the ball low and hard, how many times have you seen the ball go over the bar? How many times have you seen the ball go under the line??" speech!
pure class!!! lol...

Good luck lads..

Dig out a result and who knows.. Wexford Youths FC team positions?

brokenstar
13/04/2007, 4:38 PM
Good luck to the boys. Here's hopin' they can go all the way

ForzaWexford
15/04/2007, 10:04 PM
In what was easily my worst game all season....

...we won! 1-0. Average enough performance from us to be honest, but we battled well. Kyle dempsey beat the offside trap perfectly to score his 7th goal in 6 games, with about 5 minutes to go.

They had an awful lot of possesion but just kept knocking it back and forth across the backline. Our keeper made 1 or 2 good saves.

Final is on Sunday 29th at home to Galway, who beat Donegal 1-0 yesterday. I better get me act together quick!

brokenstar
15/04/2007, 10:14 PM
Well done lads! Fair play. Gez, football is really shining in Wexford at the moment eh? :D

Seen Kyle a few times, quality player. Again well done and good luck in the final

Thunder-WYFC
15/04/2007, 10:22 PM
Haha he scores again then,but hes still gonna lose our bet

passinginterest
15/04/2007, 10:24 PM
Congrats great result best of luck in the final.

Tazskool
15/04/2007, 10:27 PM
well done mate :)

Footsoldier
15/04/2007, 11:57 PM
Excellent one Forza. Was busy watching the cricket and forgot all about it! Great results all round, the youths winning on friday night, the bohs winning this morning, the babies winning this afternoon and the irish cricket team winning this evening. Obviously, I'm not counting the wexford hurlers, but then again, I never will :)

G-Man
16/04/2007, 8:48 AM
Of the priorities of Wallace, I think he'd take more heart from this result this season than anything yet so far. Great result and fair play to the youths. Another All Ireland final for Mick, if at this stage he hasnt broken the record for most appearances in a final as manager...

Lets hope they retain the title and bring home yet another national crown.