PDA

View Full Version : Police concert

elroy
13/04/2007, 8:44 AM
So I see the gaa have arranged for The Police to play Croke Park a week before the Germany game. The pitch will be in a nice state for us after that!! It was bad enough last month.

cullenswood
13/04/2007, 10:12 AM
So I see the gaa have arranged for The Police to play Croke Park a week before the Germany game. The pitch will be in a nice state for us after that!! It was bad enough last month.

Moan moan moan, GAA is the devil embodied in an organisation.

Pitch will be fine. It is usually covered for these concerts so it shouldn't affect it too much.

It all just comes down to the FAI not getting their ground in order years ago.

Over the post
13/04/2007, 10:26 AM
If it can handle rugby internationals it can surely put up with a garda gig. :D

Jerry The Saint
13/04/2007, 10:27 AM
Outdoor concert in Dublin in October:confused: Good luck with that.

Hope Sting remembers to pack a brolly.

youngirish
13/04/2007, 10:33 AM

A rubbish pitch is more likely to suit the rubbish football we play under Staunton anyway and instead adversely affect the quick, flowing attacking game the Germans like to play so I don't see the worry.

Unless you're really German.

NeilMcD
13/04/2007, 10:49 AM
I am not sure what Stauntons style is to be honest.

Sumac
13/04/2007, 11:29 AM

And the IRFU used to arrange rugby internationals the week before games at Landsdowne. It's a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Noelys Guitar
13/04/2007, 12:06 PM
They should have been called after San Marino!

paul_oshea
13/04/2007, 2:52 PM
actually what ****ed me off was the statement saying "we will have the pitch in top condition for the championship season", after charging the amount they didnt ud think it only right it would be in the top condition for both internationals. typical irish mentality ah sure they'll be grand, they'll be alright with that.

pete
13/04/2007, 3:07 PM
Why can't they have this at the Garda Club? :mad:

Marked Man
13/04/2007, 3:22 PM
FFS after years playing on a rugby pitch, I think the team can handle Croke Park after a gig.

Piltownpossy
13/04/2007, 10:30 PM
Outdoor concert in Dublin in October:confused: Good luck with that.

Hope Sting remembers to pack a brolly.

Is right!

My first thought too :D

stojkovic
14/04/2007, 1:10 AM

Yeah, the players will have to be careful with every step they take.

billybunter
14/04/2007, 1:55 AM
it will be in such good shape for the german game - it will be just like 'walking on the moon'.........

billybunter
14/04/2007, 1:56 AM
I thought it was bad enough allowing foreign sports into Croker, now they are turning the place over to the 'british police"??

Lionel Ritchie
14/04/2007, 8:19 AM
Might we be 'sending out an SOS' to Anfield?

I'd quite like to see The Police actually -just not there, not in October and not if I've to share the occasion with 60,000 event junkies. Are they playing anywhere with a 450-500 capacity?

Traps Cat
14/04/2007, 8:25 AM
Dont worry about the pitch , when sting and the boys are finished it will "a walk in fields of gold" - i'll get my coat.

Noelys Guitar
14/04/2007, 11:40 AM
I Can't Stan losing! And thats a Taxi for me.

GavinZac
14/04/2007, 11:45 AM
I've to share the occasion with 60,000 event junkies.

Just ask them not to stand so close.

YankExile
14/04/2007, 3:38 PM

I'm not even sure that Staunton is sure what his style is.

elroy
16/04/2007, 9:01 AM
Contrary to some posts above, im not complaining about the gaa using their stadium for a concert, they can do with it what they like. However, its hardly ideal from a football point of view that several thousand people are going to trample it a week before a big game. I for one think the state of the pitch in croker is well short of top class and many who were at the recent internationals wouldve seen.

khoop
16/04/2007, 12:48 PM
Hardly a surprise that the concert is on after the All-Ireland finals and before the soccer. The GAA couldn't give a flying f**k about the FAI or their needs - they just want their money.

First time I've ever heard of a major open-air gig in Ireland in October. The pitch will be in ribbons.

citizenerased
16/04/2007, 3:11 PM
ah put a sock in it...the way you were going on you'd swear the FAI give a foock about anything other than lining their own pockets and screwing us fans over time and time again

passinginterest
16/04/2007, 3:43 PM
Wouldn't worry bout the pitch, the last two years the ground has had 3 major concerts and no damage done at all. Ok they were in good weather but point remains.

The covering that they put down leaves no part of the pitch exposed, so no matter how wet and miserable it is the pitch will be protected.

citizenerased
16/04/2007, 3:48 PM
might be an advantage. krauts wont be able to play fast and fluent attacking football..charlton used to let the grass grow in lansdowne so the opposition couldnt play football.....what a coach!!

Cowboy
16/04/2007, 5:26 PM
The covering that they put down leaves no part of the pitch exposed, so no matter how wet and miserable it is the pitch will be protected.

So it wont be like walking on the moon

Jerry The Saint
16/04/2007, 5:48 PM
The GAA couldn't give a flying f**k about the FAI or their needs - they just want their money.

Nothing wrong with that. As long as they don't have to wear that dress tonight, walk the streets for money...

Noelys Guitar
16/04/2007, 9:19 PM
Nothing wrong with that. As long as they don't have to wear that dress tonight, walk the streets for money...

Sure you don't care if its wrong or if its right

Jamjar
16/04/2007, 9:28 PM

Armani ?

strangeirish
16/04/2007, 9:36 PM
"So Stan, what do you think about the Police concert?"

"De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da..."

"Any particular reason you're still mad the media Stan?"

"Just a castaway
An island lost at sea
Another lonely day
With no one here but me
More loneliness
Than any man could bear
Rescue me before I fall into despair"

"Eh, Ok Stan. What did Mr. Delaney say to convince you not to step down as the 'Gaffer'?"

"Bed's too big without you
The bed's too big without you
The bed's too big
Without you!"

youngirish
17/04/2007, 9:30 AM
I'm an alien.
I'm a legal alien.
I'm a Louth man in Dublin.

oooh oooh

BobbySands
19/04/2007, 1:04 AM
Personally, I can't wait to get me tickets to see the Guards in Croker. I assume they'll play all the hits. "Massage in a Brothel yer Honour", "Don't Stand so Close to Me, ya dirty Bowsie" and "So Athlonely".

Bluebeard
19/04/2007, 8:55 AM
I reckon the GAA have the FAI wrapped around their finger.

Marked Man
19/04/2007, 2:35 PM
Hardly a surprise that the concert is on after the All-Ireland finals and before the soccer. The .

Of course, the GAA organized the timing of the Police tour just to spite soccer fans. It's just so obvious.

endabob1
19/04/2007, 2:50 PM
Of course, the GAA organized the timing of the Police tour just to spite soccer fans. It's just so obvious.

Absolutely, After years of negotiating the reformation of the Police and organising a wolrd tour playing at venues around the World, The GAA stepped in at the last minute to demand that they play in Croke Park before an Ireland game "just to show dem FAI boyos whos in charge".

stojkovic
19/04/2007, 9:23 PM
Absolutely, After years of negotiating the reformation of the Police and organising a wolrd tour playing at venues around the World, The GAA stepped in at the last minute to demand that they play in Croke Park before an Ireland game "just to show dem FAI boyos whos in charge".

A Sting in the tail, would you say ?

SuperDave
20/04/2007, 11:31 AM
the jokes on this board are dark. almost like its being shone on by an invisible sun.

reder
20/04/2007, 12:01 PM
I reckon the GAA have the FAI wrapped around their finger.

By the balls, is more like it. Its irrevelant anyway, its their ground they can do what they like with it.

Anyway they pitch was pretty poor for the last 2 games, so they players will be expecting a sh1t surface. The finals of the hurling and GAA football are on a few weeks earlier so the pitch will be like a bog away.

citizenerased
20/04/2007, 12:05 PM
it will be our advantage against di germans

youngirish
20/04/2007, 12:22 PM
Doesn't matter what the pitch is like against the Germans. It'll make no difference either way. Because:

Every little thing Stan does is tragic

Jerry The Saint
20/04/2007, 3:54 PM
By the balls, is more like it. Its irrevelant anyway, its their ground they can do what they like with it.

I don't think the GAA are getting the credit they deserve for this brave move. A few short years ago, before Rule 21 was abolished, it would not have been possible to have British Police playing in Croke Park...

Stuttgart88
22/04/2007, 7:42 PM
If there was an Irish keeper at Norwich there'd be a canary on the goaline (clue - Zenyatta Mondatta or whatever it was called).