PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Cork City v Shamrock Rovers

A face
12/04/2007, 11:48 PM
Preview: Cork City v Shamrock Rovers

Cork City host Shamrock Rovers at Turner's Cross on Friday night and the two clubs couldn't be much closer in the table. Level on points, only one goal more for Cork currently separates them in the league table with City in third place.

Cork City vs Shamrock Rovers
(Turner's Cross - 7:45 pm - Premier)
Referee : David McKeon

Rovers bounced back from losing the big Dublin derby to Bohs by easily winning in Bray last weekend - their third win in four league games. They also advanced in the League Cup on Monday following a hard fought win over last year's rivals Dundalk.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6316)

Risteard
13/04/2007, 12:00 AM
Should be a great atmosphere.
City 3-1 i reckon.
Flynny twice and Roy.
Winning in the Brandywell is no good if we don't win our next two matches.

A face
13/04/2007, 12:11 PM
I reckon we'll be collecting the points from this one alright. Should be great atmosphere, sell out i'd imagine.

Risteard
14/04/2007, 12:20 AM
OOPS!!!
Decent enough game, unlucky not to get a score from the goalmouth in the last few mins.
Rovers look a decent team.

Couldn't get my head around the Shed lads (who were brilliant throughout) throwing on the till-rolls just when we were starting to open them up and with the clock ticking down.
Senseless.

GavinZac
14/04/2007, 11:08 AM
OOPS!!!
Decent enough game, unlucky not to get a score from the goalmouth in the last few mins.
Rovers look a decent team.very unlucky. We had 2 americans with us and i had to keep insisting it was scoreless, we came so close so often. we had at least 3 cleared off the line.

Couldn't get my head around the Shed lads (who were brilliant throughout) throwing on the till-rolls just when we were starting to open them up and with the clock ticking down.
Senseless.The till-rolls had found their way into the hands of kids. The ref made a bad call, someone threw one, and the kids had a field day. Annoying.

NY Hoop
19/04/2007, 11:31 AM
Enjoyed the game overall.

BTW the return is on tuesday May 29th as shels have a game the night before: http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/fixtures.php

Is the gallery section on your website gone?

KOH