PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Thunder-WYFC
12/04/2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3900184944

Beavis
12/04/2007, 11:28 PM
Jesus I was literally in tears reading that,
the Cults AH HA HA HA :D

I'll have to drop onto that again tomorrow to p!ss myself again.

A face
13/04/2007, 12:04 AM
What is it?

Risteard
13/04/2007, 12:06 AM
Can't be worth joining Bebo for anyway.
I waste enough time on here.

ForzaWexford
13/04/2007, 12:10 AM
It's in the wrong forum for a start. Here's the gist of it.

We're the Cults, the so-far small Mayo Firm, soon to be big. Look at the page before matches to see where everyone will meet. Add as friend to join. No girls or anyone under 16 aloud. This is a "firm" for anyone who wants to support mayo as a large organised group, sing chants and songs on the terraces, and bring the missing element of fan rivalry to GAA matches.

Next Match: League semi-final

Meh, dont think theres much gonna happen at it, we'l save ourselves for the championships.

Red4Eva
13/04/2007, 1:33 AM
just brilliant

Réiteoir
13/04/2007, 1:04 PM
Someone give the Herag a ring

"GAA HOOLIGANS IN WEBSITE PLANNING"

Erstwhile Bóz
13/04/2007, 1:22 PM
Good name for a band that, "girls or anyone under 16 aloud".

passinginterest
13/04/2007, 1:26 PM
Seriously though someone should contact all the major newspapers, be interesting to see if any of them reported it.

Bebo gets plenty of publicity in the media already and you can gurantee if it was a soccer club page it would at least make the Herald.

holidaysong
13/04/2007, 1:38 PM
LMAO! Funny stuff. :D

Réiteoir
13/04/2007, 1:56 PM
Seriously though someone should contact all the major newspapers, be interesting to see if any of them reported it.

Bebo gets plenty of publicity in the media already and you can gurantee if it was a soccer club page it would at least make the Herald.

They'd only blame it on Rovers

passinginterest
13/04/2007, 2:15 PM
They'd only blame it on Rovers

I thought it was obvious that this was a subversive Mayo Branch of the official Rovers supporters club :p

Erstwhile Bóz
13/04/2007, 2:16 PM

It would be reported, if at all, as it is being reported here: a bizarre anomaly.

When Mayo fans start acting like Bohs scum-fans or Rovers scum-fans week in week out then bebo pages such as this might be tabloid-newsworthy.

This wannabe hooligan (or satirist) himself refers to the "missing element of fan rivalry at GAA matches". What do you think he's talking about?

I don't know why groups of young GAA fans don't physically fight each other/run away from each other outside grounds to anything like the extent some young football fans do, but the fact is that they don't. It's entirely disingenuous to imply that the media is turning some kind of a blind eye to GAA casuals or treating a similar problem in a different fashion for the two sports, even if you factor in the scum-fans that Dublin have.

Sonic
13/04/2007, 2:21 PM
band of knobs:D:D

passinginterest
13/04/2007, 2:23 PM
You're right obviously, I've been more of a GAA supporter than anything most of my life, wasn't meant to imply media were turning a blind eye, I just though it would be humourous to see it reported by scaremongering tabloids.

monutdfc
13/04/2007, 2:34 PM
In fairness, I think it's only a young lad trying to get a bit of singing going.
Are the Tipperary Ultras with their giant crowd cover jersey still on the go?

I recall a big hurling game at Croke Park only about 2 years ago, think it was Kilkenny v Cork in the final, and the camera caught a (v small) fight on the Hill and the commentator - oblivious to the fact that this was quite obviously a fight - made a ridiculous remark like " and it's good to see the banter on the terraces"!

Raheny Red
13/04/2007, 2:45 PM
Did they show up when Rovers where in Westport last year?

:D

Erstwhile Bóz
13/04/2007, 3:15 PM
Did they show up when Rovers where in Westport last year?

:D
Everybody runs from Rovers. Not that we're proud of the scumbags that follow us around or anything, but. We've got the best hooligans, though. Hooligans are, em, bad, don't get me wrong, we're not proud of them. But they are the best. Our ones. Not proud though.

Neish
13/04/2007, 3:41 PM
Idiots of the highest order

fbtn
16/04/2007, 1:09 PM
They'll get some trimming when they meet the Tirconaill Headhunters Farming Alliance and the Donegal Sheepdipping Suicide Squad in the Final.

Lim till i die
16/04/2007, 5:40 PM
:D :D

Easily one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen and I follow the league of Ireland for fupp sake

Check out the new pictures of the "people" involved. If this page isn't somebody taking the wee wee my estimation of humanity has just gone down another notch

Good Grief :D

wiseman
17/04/2007, 7:53 AM
so what are they called: Mhaigh Eo Na Firmaigh?

half_full
17/04/2007, 5:24 PM
its not real...NO ONE can be that sad, can they?

Raheny Red
28/05/2007, 1:59 PM
From shelsweb:

Mayo GAA hooligans' b*bo blitz

A SMALL but determined gang of Mayo GAA fans have declared their intention to form a hooligan 'firm'.
Proudly naming themselves "The Cult" after the derogatory Dublin slang for countryfolk 'culchies' - the group say they want to "bring the missing element of fan rivalry to GAA matches".

From todays Metro

Thats just the first couple of paragraphs theres a few more but it just talks about songs and stuff.

Delighted :D:cool:

OhNoYouDidn't
28/05/2007, 2:23 PM
Everybody runs from Rovers. Not that we're proud of the scumbags that follow us around or anything, but. We've got the best hooligans, though. Hooligans are, em, bad, don't get me wrong, we're not proud of them. But they are the best. Our ones. Not proud though.

you bitter black and tans never cease to amaze me.

a thread about mayo gah fans organising what appears to be a firm turns into a Rovers bashing thread.

its actually quite impressive how the bozo's can turn anything into a thread about us. obsessed. :ball:

BohsFans
30/05/2007, 7:34 PM
there was a piece about this in the Metro the other day, including some quotes from a local TD or councillor or someone like that. :D

Erstwhile Bóz
30/05/2007, 7:54 PM
you bitter black and tans never cease to amaze me.

a thread about mayo gah fans organising what appears to be a firm turns into a Rovers bashing thread.

its actually quite impressive how the bozo's can turn anything into a thread about us. obsessed. :ball:
:confused::confused:

3 posts out of 26 had a dig at Rovers; one post from a Bohs fan points out the Herald's anti-Rovers bias; one post from a Bohs fan states that it's Rovers scum-fans AND BOHS' scum-fans that are examples of the problem, and not either club's fans in general.

The last post to even mention Rovers, the one you quote, is from a month and a half ago, for feck's sake. God knows what Rovers fans were saying on the forum that day.

Anybody who actually thinks that these loo-lahs are a “firm” should ring the Metro and see if they need another investigative reporter.

Erstwhile Bóz
30/05/2007, 10:06 PM
back on topic the profile's been deleted
The poor lad probably died of embarrassment.

Mr A
30/05/2007, 10:58 PM
The poor lad probably died of embarrassment.

:D:D:D

Imagine the sudden moment of clarify, the unforeseen opening of the doors of perception... 'A Mayo hooligan firm...that was me...it really was...what was I thinking?...oh sweet f**k...and I made a bebo page about it!..time to break out the Domestos and floor polish.....'