12/04/2007, 2:52 PM
As it stands:

15 Fulham 33 7 14 12 34 52 -18 35
16 Wigan 33 9 7 17 32 49 -17 34
17 Charlton 33 8 8 17 29 49 -20 32
18 Sheffield Utd 32 8 7 17 26 47 -21 31
19 West Ham 32 8 5 19 26 51 -26 29
20 Watford 33 4 11 18 24 53 -29 23

Safe to say that Watford are down. It's going to be very tight, even tighter at the end than it is now IMO. 40 points won't be necessary to survive. I can see Wigan doing enough to be safe, but I can't see Fulham getting any points from their remaining games. West Ham will get 6 points at least. Sheffield Utd will struggle and I can only see them getting 3 points, as will Charlton.

I think that would end up leaving Fulham, Charlton and West Ham on 35 and Sheffield Utd on 34.:eek:

jebus
12/04/2007, 3:00 PM
I was looking through each teams remaining fixtures and trying to call how this years relegation battle works out, and in the end I had the teams in exactly the same position they are in now, with Watford, West Ham and that shower from Bramell Lane going down.

Oh I'll be dancing on the streets when Warnock and his boys retake their rightful place outside of the top flight :D

Risteard
12/04/2007, 3:10 PM
Indeed, I've really grown to hate them.
Absolute scum and the dirtiest team to ever play in the Premiership and led by a tramp who puts in 4 different in terviews each week on Sky Sports News.

jebus
12/04/2007, 3:27 PM
Indeed, I've really grown to hate them.
Absolute scum and the dirtiest team to ever play in the Premiership and led by a tramp who puts in 4 different in terviews each week on Sky Sports News.

Well there's that, and I'm a Sheffield Wednesday supporter too ;)

Risteard
12/04/2007, 3:35 PM
Don't want to weaken my case but I'm a Leeds fan.

I've convinced most people of this though.
Anyone with any doubts obviously never watched their game v Reading.
They're a disgrace.

pete
12/04/2007, 3:42 PM
Bold prediction I know but Watford will get relegated. I also predicted a couple of months back that Charlton would survive. I hope West Ham get relegated as players don't deserve anything else.

OwlsFan
12/04/2007, 4:15 PM
Watford, West Ham and Sheffield United (I hope:D ). New manager at Fulham will give them the usual lift. If not the Blades, then Wigan who have been in freefall for a while.

Most hoped for scenario: Sheffield United need a point to survive in the last game and have three players unjustifiably sent off, score a goal but the ref says it didn't cross the line and then concede from a peno in the 93rd minute that was never a peno. Warnock goes ballistic, runs over to headbutt the referee, misses, headbutts Kenny instead (who doesn't even notice) and is taken unconscious to hospital. When he comes to he gives Sky 18 interviews inside of an hour on the injustice of life and referees in general.

Meanwhile the Owls have won their last 4 games, crept in to the play offs and beat Sunderland in the Final with a 30 yard rocket from Glen Whelan. There is a God after all.

superfrank
12/04/2007, 8:10 PM
I would say Watford but then again nothings certain. It should be as interesting as the 2004/05 season. Well, nearly.

jebus
13/04/2007, 3:28 PM
Most hoped for scenario: Sheffield United need a point to survive in the last game and have three players unjustifiably sent off, score a goal but the ref says it didn't cross the line and then concede from a peno in the 93rd minute that was never a peno. Warnock goes ballistic, runs over to headbutt the referee, misses, headbutts Kenny instead (who doesn't even notice) and is taken unconscious to hospital. When he comes to he gives Sky 18 interviews inside of an hour on the injustice of life and referees in general.

Meanwhile the Owls have won their last 4 games, crept in to the play offs and beat Sunderland in the Final with a 30 yard rocket from Glen Whelan. There is a God after all.

Thats much better than my previously hoped for scenario of the Sheffield United and Leeds team buses crashing headlong into each other ;)

Cymro
13/04/2007, 11:44 PM
Any attempts to predict these games are pretty useless cause all of the teams are battling for their lives. Shocks can very easily happen when you've got teams some of whom have nothing to play for against relegation-threatened sides.

I think it will be close. Just have a feeling that Sheff Utd and Wigan will follow Watford down.

DmanDmythDledge
14/04/2007, 4:03 PM
Fulham lost 1-0 to Reading today and Sheffield Utd beat West Ham 3-0.:eek: Table looks like this now:

15 Fulham 34 7 14 13 34 53 -19 35
16 Wigan 33 9 7 17 32 49 -17 34
17 Sheffield Utd 33 9 7 17 29 47 -18 34
18 Charlton 33 8 8 17 29 49 -20 32
19 West Ham 33 8 5 20 26 54 -29 29
20 Watford 33 4 11 18 24 53 -29 23

West Ham aren't definitely down but it seems unlikely now that they will stay up. A team with so many quality players shouldn't be relegated.

Cymro
14/04/2007, 6:24 PM
Well there goes my prediction. Still goes to show that I was right, you can't predict these games.

No way did I expect Sheff Utd to win 3-0 today.

DmanDmythDledge
15/04/2007, 5:54 PM
Wigan got a surprise 3-3 draw with Spurs today, after taking the lead on three occasions. Charlton lost 2-1 to Everton, with Everton scoring the winner in stoppage time!

DmanDmythDledge
16/04/2007, 2:51 PM
It would give Sanchez a good chance to stir the medium sized club who win f*ck all squared every year and start winning things and maybe qualify to the CL a bit more often.
Unfortunately he has taken over after Coleman has already basically relegated them so he will almost more than likely be starting off in the Championship.

galwayhoop
16/04/2007, 3:26 PM
Unfortunately he has taken over after Coleman has already basically relegated them so he will almost more than likely be starting off in the Championship.

16..Fulham...............34 -19 35
17..Sheff Utd............33 -18 34
18..Charlton.............34 -21 32
19..West Ham...........33 -28 29
20..Watford.............33 -29 23

coleman already relegated them my bóllox!! they are 3 points from safety with a better goal difference and 4 games to go AFTER sanchez has already lost a match with them! not for one second am i saying them losing is any reflection on him but your comment may be true for charlton, west ham or watford but far from the truth in relation to fulham!

DmanDmythDledge
16/04/2007, 3:31 PM
16..Fulham...............34 -19 35
17..Sheff Utd............33 -18 34
18..Charlton.............34 -21 32
19..West Ham...........33 -28 29
20..Watford.............33 -29 23

coleman already relegated them my bóllox!! they are 3 points from safety with a better goal difference and 4 games to go AFTER sanchez has already lost a match with them! not for one second am i saying them losing is any reflection on him but your comment may be true for charlton, west ham or watford but far from the truth in relation to fulham!
Look at the games they have left- hardly games they would be expected to get any points from, bar maybe a point against Middlesborough away. They've only won two games since the beginning of December- I think that says it all. Also dropping points against teams like Sheffield Utd, Wigan, Watford etc where they should have been picking up maximum points.

galwayhoop
16/04/2007, 3:46 PM
yes but they are not relegated! far from it. look at charlton's run-in and it's not a bed of roses either. all they need to do is lose one game less than charlton and they are safe.

DmanDmythDledge
16/04/2007, 3:53 PM
yes but they are not relegated! far from it. look at charlton's run-in and it's not a bed of roses either. all they need to do is lose one game less than charlton and they are safe.
3 points far from it!:eek:

Charlton's run-in is easier. They will beat Sheffield Utd, but probably lose their other games.

Your point about them having to lose one game less that Charlton is completely utterly incorrect. Take their next games for example- Fulham lose, Charlton win, goal difference is equal at best for Fulham. OK things may change after that but the goal difference is so tight that it is unimaginable and stupid to consider it an extra point like you have done.

galwayhoop
16/04/2007, 4:18 PM
you can sh1te on all you want - you said they were basically relegated when they hired sanchez and i said they were not. they are 3 points ahead of the 3rd from bottom team and have 4 games remaining. he has already had a game in charge so therefore he will have had 5 games. fulham have their survival in their own hands and are 5th from bottom. charlton have to play sheff utd so one of them will lose out on this - or maybe they will draw which is better for fulham i'd say. both of these teams are below fulham. how can you say they are basically relegated when thay are in 15th place??????????

granted it may not be too easy for them to stay up but ask charlton would they swap positions and i reckon they would in a heart beat.

oh and how do you figure the most they can expect is a point off middlesborough? middlesborough are sh1te also with nothing to play for bar the outside chance they may too get relegated.

if fulham are all but down then what about the others - are they down too? what about sheff utd, yes they have a game in hand. man utd tomorrow! bottom line is any one of the following teams can go down
Wigan p 34 : 35pts
Fulham p 34 : 35pts
Sheff Utd p 33 : 34pts
Charlton p 34 : 32pts
West Ham p 33 : 29pts
Watford p 33 : 23pts

check out your nearest bookies to see who they think is going down:
the following is care of www.paddypower.com
West Ham United 1 - 7
Charlton Athletic 4 - 7
Sheff United 9 - 4
Fulham 10 - 3
Wigan Athletic 5 - 1

if you still think they are going down then put your money where your mouth is and back them! €30 will earn you €100.

galwayhoop
16/04/2007, 4:40 PM
or from a different perspective who will stay up:
Wigan Athletic 1 - 10
Fulham 1 - 6
Sheffield United 2 - 7
Charlton Athletic 5 - 4
West Ham United 4 - 1
Watford 40 - 1

again from www.paddypower.com

DmanDmythDledge
18/04/2007, 2:41 PM
you can sh1te on all you want - you said they were basically relegated when they hired sanchez and i said they were not. they are 3 points ahead of the 3rd from bottom team and have 4 games remaining. he has already had a game in charge so therefore he will have had 5 games.
:rolleyes: I'll dumb it down for you. Coleman managed 33 games, Sanchez managed 5. If/when they will be relegated it's clearly going to be down to the games that Coleman was in charge for.

oh and how do you figure the most they can expect is a point off middlesborough? middlesborough are sh1te also with nothing to play for bar the outside chance they may too get relegated.

Because Fulham are even worse.

There's absolutely no chance of Middlesbrough being relegated.

galwayhoop
18/04/2007, 4:28 PM
:rolleyes: I'll dumb it down for you. Coleman managed 33 games, Sanchez managed 5. If/when they will be relegated it's clearly going to be down to the games that Coleman was in charge for.

i'll dumb it down for you

Don't know what Sanchez is thinking taking over a club that's going to be relegated.
fulham are in a much better situation than watford, wesh ham, sheffield united and charlton. you are saying that they ARE going to be relegated as if it is a definate scenario. it will take a bad run by them to go down and at least 2 clubs beneath them to have a series of good results.
the key here is you say they are going down as if it is fact.

Unfortunately he has taken over after Coleman has already basically relegated them .

oh wait, a slight softening of tone here as they are only basically relegated and not relegated like you insisted earlier. less i digress, their points per game ratio under coleman this season was 1.06 (33 played and 35 points on the board), going at this rate then they would have been expected to amass 40.3 (lets round it down) or say 40 pts for the season. now if snachez fails to amass 5 points during his tenure then he has done worse than coleman and the blame cannot be totally be attributed to coleman.

anyway back to the dumbing down:
you would need to take €6 from your piggy bank and give it to a bookie to win €1 on a bet that they will stay up - in other words the general concensus (bookies odds usually take all factors into consideration and they are generally not known for giving away money) is that Fulham will be a premiership team next season - despite your protestation that the are already relegated.

alternatively if you still feel that they ARE relegated then take € 3 from your piggy bank and give it to the bookie and if, like you say, that indeed they ARE (already?) relegated, then the bookie will have to give you back your € 3 (to return to your piggy bank) and give you a further €10 to spend on sweets and things.

FACT - Fulham are not relegated
FACT - There are 4 candidates who are more likely to face relegation than Fulham
FACT - only 3 teams get relegated
FACT - The teams with the least points finish at the bottom.

OwlsFan
19/04/2007, 7:02 AM
Another nail in the coffin for West Ham last night and their goal difference is very poor.

Down to Fulham, Wigan, the Oinks and Charlton.

superfrank
19/04/2007, 9:46 PM
Can I ask why so many people, OwlsFan being an obvious exception, detest Sheffield United?

DmanDmythDledge
19/04/2007, 9:48 PM
Poor Student maybe this and the past few post should be moved to the relegation thread in world football?

fulham are in a much better situation than watford, wesh ham, sheffield united and charlton.
Anyone can see that West Ham and Watford are down so they're not relevant.

3 points isn't a much better situation- only takes 90 minutes for Fulham to be in the relegation zone (can't happen this weekend though as Charlton are playing Sheffield Utd).

you are saying that they ARE going to be relegated as if it is a definate scenario. it will take a bad run by them to go down and at least 2 clubs beneath them to have a series of good results.
In case you haven't noticed Fulham have to play teams much better than them, bar Middlesbrough- but they are still better than them and will have home advantage against them (Fulham have 9/51 points away from home). Highly unlikely that they will get any points at all.

Charlton and Sheffield Utd will only have to win 1/4 games each to finish ahead of Fulham- and will almost definitely happen given their run-in.

their points per game ratio under coleman this season was 1.06 (33 played and 35 points on the board), going at this rate then they would have been expected to amass 40.3 (lets round it down) or say 40 pts for the season. now if snachez fails to amass 5 points during his tenure then he has done worse than coleman and the blame cannot be totally be attributed to coleman.
It's a very close call whether or not that is stupider than your claim that a 3 point gap and a harder run of fixtures is "much better".

1)It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that someone could have more influence with 5 games than someone with 33.

2)Big deal if Fulham 1.06 points per game with Coleman- they were different games to the upcoming ones so you can't compare them in the way you have done.

3)Do you think Coleman would have done better than Sanchez in the upcoming games?

4)So not getting 5 points from games where you're massive underdogs is worse than dropping points against the likes of Watford, Wigan etc.?

Lim till i die
19/04/2007, 9:56 PM
Can I ask why so many people, OwlsFan being an obvious exception, detest Sheffield United?

Vile, filthy little club

Don't ever try to play football

Their manager's a cnut

Keith Gillespie

Sean Bean

Fans always struck me as being of the troglodyte variety

Need I go on..........

jebus
19/04/2007, 10:07 PM

A lot of what LtiD said, but I'll add in that their fans are the most detestable pieces of garbage you're likely to come across south of Scotland, they bought their way into the Premiership (something which Warnock never mentions), and their one bit of one-up-manship on the mighty Owls is that we were mismanaged in the late 90s and have found ourselves somehow below their pathetic small time club for the last bit. Still class will out pretty shortly I'd imagine (and hope)

Dodge
19/04/2007, 10:52 PM
I want Sheff Utd to stay up for the Quinn brothers...

danonion
19/04/2007, 11:17 PM
Am I the only one hear who loves Warnock?

pete
19/04/2007, 11:39 PM
Bye bye to Watford & West Ham as Man Utd away on last day & even winning other 3 games just gets to 38 (good riddance).

Charlton v Sheffield United the big one now.

- If Watford fail to win on saturday they relegated.
- Win for Charlton would mean real dog fight as could be 1 point between 4 teams.
- If Sheffield Utd win then well on way to staying up as 5 points ahead of Charlton

I still think Charlton will survive & could be Fulham down.

Risteard
19/04/2007, 11:50 PM
Am I the only one hear who loves Warnock?
Probably not.
But unless you're a Blades fan (although some of them hate him), I honestly think you'll learn to hate them if you watch him and SUFC for a while.
He's a knacker.
Basically, just read about him.

His wikipedia (http://http://) page might be a good start.

danonion
20/04/2007, 1:06 AM
Wikipedia is two easy to slant, being that its edited by anyone and everyone. I just find him refreshing compared to all the other managers who constantly use the same line of bull**** as each other. Warnock bull****s a lot too, but its original and funny.

OwlsFan
20/04/2007, 6:42 AM
Wikipedia is two easy to slant, being that its edited by anyone and everyone. I just find him refreshing compared to all the other managers who constantly use the same line of bull**** as each other. Warnock bull****s a lot too, but its original and funny.

What's original and funny about him having a go at the ref at the end of every game he loses? All other managers do it as well only he does it x2.

The man's a buffoon.

OwlsFan
20/04/2007, 6:44 AM

Neither was playing last weekend, with Alan on the subs' bench.

jebus
20/04/2007, 9:48 AM

Don't get me started on that shower.....

Anyone think it was great of Warnock to moan about teams playing weakened sides a month or so ago, even though the match had no relevence to their clubs, and then for Warnock to put out a weakened side at Old Trafford, saving some of his 'quality' (ahem) players for the Charlton game???

No didn't think so

Steve Bruce
20/04/2007, 11:13 AM
Warnock is a good manager and a very honest manager.

I have no love or hate for Sheffield United, but I like Warnock.

Cymro
20/04/2007, 2:51 PM
Warnock's a hypocrite, a moaner and a bad loser, but he is definitely entertaining, I'll give him that.

Not as good for a laugh as Gordon Strachan though.

reder
23/04/2007, 9:39 AM
Warnock is a good manager and a very honest manager.

I have no love or hate for Sheffield United, but I like Warnock.

I detest the man, he is an utter ****. Personally I have nothing for comtempt towards anything related to Sheffield but in footballing terms, Warnock and Sheffield Utd contribute nothing to the PL. He constantly whinges about the referees and regularly tries to defend the indefensible when it comes to his players.

superfrank
24/04/2007, 6:14 PM
Although Warnock can be a moan, I think like Mourinho he's a great character and he gives the PL something there.

I personally don't mind Sheffield Utd.

It was a bit sad to see Watford relegated. Yes they weren't good enough but they did give it a good try this year and I'm looking forward to see how they do in the Championship next year. Although they'll do well to hold on to Bouazza.

Lim till i die
25/04/2007, 9:33 AM
Although Warnock can be a moan, I think like Mourinho he's a great character and he gives the PL something there.

Mourinho is intelligent. Warnock, loud as he is, is still an idiot

It was a bit sad to see Watford relegated. Yes they weren't good enough but they did give it a good try this year and I'm looking forward to see how they do in the Championship next year.

:eek:

Were a disgrace

Scraped around playing the type of football that would get the manager of a division one side over here lynched. No loss, they're a championship club tops

pete
28/04/2007, 4:05 PM
15 Sheff Utd 36 -19 38
16 Fulham 35 -19 36
17 Wigan 36 -22 35
------------------------------------
18 West Ham 36 -27 35
19 Charlton 36 -24 33

After todays results Sheff Utd look safe & Charlton looked doomed.

DmanDmythDledge
29/04/2007, 8:15 PM
No surprises in the results this weekend.

I think West Ham will get the win they need against Bolton next week to stay up. Charlton need to beat Spurs next Monday, which there is a slight chance of because of Spurs' poor away form.

republicofwhite
30/04/2007, 10:04 AM
Anybody see the feature on Warnock dealing with the post match media on MOTD2 last night? I know he's a bit of a prat, and hardly endearing, but he is undoubtedly entertaining, and has a bit more zest and zeal than most others and will always guarantee a bit of humourous controversy. He was signing autographs for a girl and he asked her what age she was, to which she told him she was 9. Cue Unmistakable Indomitable Warnock Yorkshire accent: "9?! Christ Darlin, ya look like Derek Geary!"

OwlsFan
01/05/2007, 11:47 AM
Anybody see the feature on Warnock dealing with the post match media on MOTD2 last night? I know he's a bit of a prat, and hardly endearing, but he is undoubtedly entertaining, and has a bit more zest and zeal than most others and will always guarantee a bit of humourous controversy."

So he's from the Dunphy school of being a prat and not endearing but allegedly "entertaining"?

Still hope a refereeing decision sends them down. In the words of Kevin Keegan "I would luvvv it", especially the reaction.

green army
01/05/2007, 12:33 PM
hope wigan get relegated. got them at 4/1 in the bookies at christmas time to go down.

nui-harp
01/05/2007, 12:43 PM
In fairness, I hope Fulham get relegated. They offer very little in the way of entertainment out of the bottom group. I hope West Ham stay up....I would pay to watch Tevez play any day and next season will be very different once Curbishely gets rid of wasters like Anton Ferdinand....he doesnt even seem interested in playing football!

gustavo
05/05/2007, 2:48 PM
West Ham 3 up and Wigan 1 nil down , hope West Ham stay up , always struck me as a proper football club one that likes to play football the right way

BohsPartisan
05/05/2007, 5:09 PM
Not over yet but its looking very grim for Wigan. Seems the fairytale is over for the Lancashire side.

DmanDmythDledge
05/05/2007, 5:13 PM
Not over yet but its looking very grim for Wigan. Seems the fairytale is over for the Lancashire side.
Agreed. West Ham have to play Man Utd at Old Trafford, while Wigan are playing Sheff Utd. Can't see Wigan getting the 3 points they need though. Charlton need maximum points from agaisnt Spurs and Liverpool so they're as good as gone. Fulham got lucky that Liverpool played a weakened team today.

BohsPartisan
05/05/2007, 5:16 PM
Fulham got lucky that Liverpool played a weakened team today.

I had a feeling that Fulham would get something out of the game with Liverpool but I was thinking more along the lines of a point.