PDA

View Full Version : eL 'Dumping Ground' -Sunday Times

Shelsman
21/01/2003, 12:58 PM
Did anybody read the article on foreign imports to the eL in the Sunday Times ( Jan 12th ) ?

Apparently the agent Paddy Herron offered a teenage Croatian midfielder called Marko Babic to St. Pats in 1999 ( when he played for Osijek against West Ham in the UEFA Cup ).
Pat's refused and Babic later went to Bayer Leverkusen and made a substitute appearance for them in last season's Champions League Final !

:rolleyes:

pete
21/01/2003, 2:41 PM
I don't think its always so clear cut.

Babic may not have been that good a few years ago & just progressed due to the Bayer Laverkusen tarining methods.

I always bring up the one about Mark Summerbell loaned to Cork City 4-5 years ago - looked very poor on months loan but always amazed me to see he still part of the Middlesboro first team squad & getting some games. Course hes now found a home at Roddy Collins Carlisle.

:eek:

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by pete
Course hes now found a home at Roddy Collins Carlisle.

:eek:

Speaks volumes that does. Especially about Roddy's increasing desperation!

Murphy Out Now!!!

pineapple stu
22/01/2003, 12:57 PM
Yeah, read that alright. But then there was the bit about some team (Longford?) signing three NIgerian "internationals" - one was decent enough, but the other two were complete muck and were evidently only over to try and get into the country.
Interesting about Baba Isaaka whingeing about the house Pat's gave him - don't quite know what he expected out in that part of town!:)

gustavo
22/01/2003, 1:48 PM
that was us. one of them was very good and in the end we wanted to sign two of them but the agent that they were with wanted tehm to have an excorberent wage of something like a grand (pounds) a week