PDA

View Full Version : eircom league weekly

MojoPin
11/04/2007, 11:20 AM
i always wondered why cobh were never ever ever on the show, week in week out they show premier games which is totally fair as it is the league that attracts more public attention and it is a higher league so i have no complaints that for every 6 games in the premier they show a clip of a first div game. but it has recently come to my attention that the tv show does not actually film any games it is up to the clubs to submit tapes of their games to the show..

now if this is true and with tv3 being behind the show it woulddnt surprise me one bit, why is there never ever any cameras at ramblers games? even a 300 video camera would suffice even if we were just to post the clips up on you tube! the goal of the month comp is open to both leagues every month i can safely say if our keeper scored a bicycle kick from his own area for us it wouldnt make the goal of the month comp cause we dont record games....

basicialy my point is everyone else records games why dont we.. and dont give the excuse that theres no tv gantry at the moment. that could easily be solved with a samll inexpensive scaffold structure...

drinkfeckarse
11/04/2007, 1:13 PM
basicialy my point is everyone else records games why dont we.. and dont give the excuse that theres no tv gantry at the moment. that could easily be solved with a samll inexpensive scaffold structure...

As far as I know, ANY gantry would have to be accompanied by a safety certificate and you are unlikely to get one for some flimsy temporary thing. Would any potential cameraman go up on an unlicenced gantry knowing that their insurance wouldn't cover them if anything happened??

Sad but that's the world we live in these days. Bring back the days of just getting on with things. :)

MojoPin
11/04/2007, 2:36 PM
make it sturdy! any bit of scaffold would be 100 times safer than our previous ganytry ha ha have a committee member film the game its not like we would be going for an oscar for camera work... just some thing to record a few goals.....?

don ramo
11/04/2007, 2:42 PM
when the new stand is complete it will have a media box from which you will be able to film from, if anyone saw our game against kildare on you tube, i saw the fella filming it he was just standing in the crowd with a camera filming it, no prob im sure the commitee will not object to someone coming to a game with a camera to film it.

bellavistaman
11/04/2007, 5:23 PM
and dermot keely said a few weeks ago that we'd finish last this season,