PDA

View Full Version : We can send some junkies down

Johnny
21/01/2003, 10:05 AM
Drogheda's win over $hel$ last night means that if Drogheda beat Pats and we beat UCD, then those student *****s could well find themselves in the play off spot and potentially face a trip to Donegal, and you'd have to fancy the Harps there.
Please, Please, Please City, play your part in ridding the Premier of this shower. A dump like Belfield belongs in the first.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by Johnny
Drogheda's win over $hel$ last night means that if Drogheda beat Pats and we beat UCD, then those student *****s could well find themselves in the play off spot and potentially face a trip to Donegal,

It's all well and good imagining this, but, you seem to have forgotten that City's record against UCD, home and away, is UTTER CRAP. Besides, UCD have more points than Pat's, so if the above rang true, wouldn't it be Pat's in the playoff? I'd rather see the back of those cheating f***in cnuts.

Murphy Out Now!!!

@ndy
21/01/2003, 1:54 PM
Pats are 2 points ahead of UCD now. Derry on the other hand will be in the play off spot were the above to happen and Bohs to beat Derry.

I would expect Drogheda to beat Pats on Sunday(I hope i'm wrong but Pats have been sh'te of l8, and Drogs will really want it).

I would expect Cork to beat UCD on Sunday (were cork not fighting for the inter toto then i would not expect this to be a certainty even at the cross, but there'll be a mighty crowd out and i can't see us taking anything from the game).

I think the Derry v Bohs game will end in a draw. (Bohs will want to put on an and of season show, however Derry are fighting for their lives).

It's gonna be a hell of a nail biting day on Sunday. Expect the toilets in eL grounds up and down the country to be quite smelly indeed.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I still don't think City will beat UCD. Even if they do, I can see Rovers beating Longford and us getting edged out of a European place.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
21/01/2003, 2:46 PM
Such a pity that city couldn't have held Pats to a draw. In that case a win for Drogs on sunday would have put Pats into the playoff spot.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by pete
Such a pity that city couldn't have held Pats to a draw. In that case a win for Drogs on sunday would have put Pats into the playoff spot.

I'll drink to that. S**t, where's my vodka gone?:D

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
21/01/2003, 2:55 PM
i couldn´t really care whether it´s pats or UCD we send packing. they´re both dubs anyway so good riddance. IMO, UCD have less potential than PAts but then they aren´t such a horrible shower of maggots :)

either will do:D

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:58 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
i couldn´t really care whether it´s pats or UCD we send packing. they´re both dubs anyway so good riddance. IMO, UCD have less potential than PAts but then they aren´t such a horrible shower of maggots :)

either will do:D

Well said!

Murphy Out Now!!!

niamh
21/01/2003, 3:14 PM
No matter what happens they'll only be the in playoff spot and with the sort of teams they could come up against ie Galway or Cobh, you'd fancy the premier team to stay up.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by niamh
No matter what happens they'll only be the in playoff spot and with the sort of teams they could come up against ie Galway or Cobh, you'd fancy the premier team to stay up.

Exactly. In the ENTIRE HISTORY of that play-off, not one 1st Division team has come up at the expense of the Premier Division side.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
21/01/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Exactly. In the ENTIRE HISTORY of that play-off, not one 1st Division team has come up at the expense of the Premier Division side.
I could be wrong but did Kilkenny come up through the play-offs a couple of years ago. Either way there are 3 first division teams this year which will make it harder.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
I could be wrong but did Kilkenny come up through the play-offs a couple of years ago. Either way there are 3 first division teams this year which will make it harder.

I'm pretty sure they came up as champions. The fact that it's 3 on 1 doesn't matter a damn as long as the same poor quality is evident in the 1st Division.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Macy
21/01/2003, 4:06 PM
I could be wrong but did Kilkenny come up through the play-offs a couple of years ago.

Beat Waterford didn't they?

Schumi
21/01/2003, 4:11 PM
The fact that it's 3 on 1 doesn't matter a damn as long as the same poor quality is evident in the 1st Division.
But it's not like the premier teams have pi$$ed on the first division teams, the last two have gone to penalties!

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 4:15 PM
But it's not like the premier teams have pi$$ed on the first division teams, the last two have gone to penalties!

Fair enough, there may not be an enormous gap but, a reasonably large one DOES exist. As an example of what I mean, take a possible play-off for this season: Pat's v Cobh. Who do you seriously think would win that?

Murphy Out Now!!!

joe
21/01/2003, 4:52 PM
In the ENTIRE HISTORY of that play-off, not one 1st Division team has come up at the expense of the Premier Division side.

I'm pretty sure Kilkenny beat Waterford a few years back to go up and more recently Athlone lost out to UCD and Harps to Longford on penalties, so they haven't always been that clearcut

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by joe
I'm pretty sure Kilkenny beat Waterford a few years back to go up and more recently Athlone lost out to UCD and Harps to Longford on penalties, so they haven't always been that clearcut

True, they haven't always been that clearcut, but, I never said they were, just that history stacks the odds well in favour of the top division team.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Colm
21/01/2003, 6:12 PM
I'm 100% certain that Kilkenny did indeed beat Waterford in the play-off to get promoted about 3 years ago.

thecorner
21/01/2003, 8:43 PM
DOES IT REALLY MATTER A **** WHO IS IN THE PLAY-OFFS

REMEMBER WE STILL HAVE 90 MINUTES TO PLAY OFF OUR INTERTOTO SPOT

SO **** THE PLAY OFFS AND START THINKING OF CITY

atfconline
21/01/2003, 11:09 PM
Monaghan, Home Farm and Kilkenny have all gone up to the Premier through the play-offs, then the two close ones between ourselves n UCD and Harps/Longford.

Shed End John
23/01/2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by atfconline
Monaghan, Home Farm and Kilkenny have all gone up to the Premier through the play-offs, then the two close ones between ourselves n UCD and Harps/Longford.

S***e, that's a fair ould run of bad luck. Kinda makes you wonder if you'll ever make the grade!:)

Murphy Out Now!!!