PDA

View Full Version : Noel King's eL 11

@ndy
21/01/2003, 10:00 AM
Noel King's team of the season announced last nite on tv3. All players from 4 clubs, Bohs (6), Shels (2), UCD (2) and Cork (1). As a UCD fan i'm chuffed at that, but it might well be 8 Bohs players in a few weeks!

Heres the team:

Ryan (UCD)
Heary (Shels)
Hawkins (Bohs)
Delaney (UCD)
Webb (Bohs)
Ryan (Bohs)
Hunt (Bohs)
Caffrey (Bohs)
Hoolahan (Shels)
Crowe (Bohs)
O'Flynn (Cork)

Andy.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Noel King's team of the season announced last nite on tv3. All players from 4 clubs, Bohs (6), Shels (2), UCD (2) and Cork (1). As a UCD fan i'm chuffed at that, but it might well be 8 Bohs players in a few weeks!

Heres the team:

Ryan (UCD)
Heary (Shels)
Hawkins (Bohs)
Delaney (UCD)
Webb (Bohs)
Ryan (Bohs)
Hunt (Bohs)
Caffrey (Bohs)
Hoolahan (Shels)
Crowe (Bohs)
O'Flynn (Cork)

Andy.

Up his f***in h**e, anyway. His jackeen bias clearly shows through and he includes ONE token non-Dublin player, probably to keep the rest of the country happy. What a goddamn insult!!:mad: It's been argued long and hard, I know, but, it is 100% objective when I say that Devine has been the best 'keeper this season and well deserves a spot.
Shame on you, Noel.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
21/01/2003, 4:06 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
it is 100% objective when I say that Devine has been the best 'keeper this season Can't agree, Bazza hasn't conceded a goal since November, has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the league and UCD have the third best defense in the league (primarily down to him).

Real ale Madrid
21/01/2003, 4:12 PM
I agree that Ryan should have got the nod althought Stephen Caffrey inclusion is a surprise, Maybe Reynolds/Osam could have got a look in there.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Can't agree, Bazza hasn't conceded a goal since November, has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the league and UCD have the third best defense in the league (primarily down to him).

Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'll stick with Mickey Devine. Btw, will you ever go to your pm's, please?

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
21/01/2003, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Btw, will you ever go to your pm's, please?
Oops.

It didn't pop up a little box when I logged in like it usually does.

@ndy
21/01/2003, 4:57 PM
Up his f***in h**e, anyway. His jackeen bias clearly shows through and he includes ONE token non-Dublin player, probably to keep the rest of the country happy.

Well, he has included players from mainly the two best sides in the country. Apart from that he has included who he thinks is the best keeper in the country, and O'Flynn cos he's scored a lot of goals and played quite well.

The only other dub is Delaney who is an excellent player.

pete
21/01/2003, 5:00 PM
Hard to agree too much with the selection.

With city leaking goals at an alarming rate is hard to put Devine into any league team. I think Devines mistakes cost us a couple of games which would mean he'd lose my vote also.

I think Caffrey been an improvement this season for bohs.

James
21/01/2003, 5:03 PM
yeah guess so with devine and barry ryan is kinda 50/50 imo can see good reasons for both.

think dan murray would have been a certainty if he had been with city from the start of the season, cause he's been solid since he joined us, ever since the debut up in the brandywell where he had a great game and scored a good imo goal (that was disallowed)