PDA

View Full Version : Derry v Cork on Monday evening

Pages : [1] 2

Dodge
09/04/2007, 7:45 PM
Holy **** how bad is the Derry keeper? Is Jennings injured?

harry crumb
09/04/2007, 7:48 PM
Dropped after a few bad decisions recently.

This guy is even worse.

Cork City playing some nice stuff.:ball:

Dodge
09/04/2007, 7:50 PM
Poor enough game. Can only think of one mcCourt chance bar tha goal (McCourt's airshot)

JC_GUFC
09/04/2007, 7:54 PM
I think RTE are at fault for the poor quality of games. Whenever the games are on Setanta there are goals...

Have you backed either of these teams for the league Dodge?! I know someone who has 1/4 of all the teams backed - he'll probably back Derry after tonight's match if they lose!

sligoman
09/04/2007, 8:11 PM
This on radio at all?

Dodge
09/04/2007, 8:17 PM
Have you backed either of these teams for the league Dodge?! I know someone who has 1/4 of all the teams backed - he'll probably back Derry after tonight's match if they lose!
:D Well they might be value then...

I've €2.50 e/w on pats at 20/1. Not a big fan of ante post punting

JC_GUFC
09/04/2007, 8:22 PM
:D Well they might be value then...

I've €2.50 e/w on pats at 20/1. Not a big fan of ante post punting

Neither is one of your fellow supporters, I'll have to arrange to meet him in November when I'm getting my money back on Dundalk having walked to the Division 1 title! ;)

How'd you get on in Galway?

sligoman
09/04/2007, 8:23 PM
very poor stuff from Derry. I really can't believe how bad Derry are.Having seen both play this season I actually think Derry and Bohs are the two most over-rated teams in the league. Shocked that Derry aren't great, must be trouble with Fenlon.

Dodge
09/04/2007, 8:27 PM
How'd you get on in Galway?

Just up and back on the bus. Bit surreal with the day that was in it. Start was very emotional. Only felt "real" when Pats scored and I jumped around celebrating. BTW you weren't best price. Hills had us at 19/20

I backed Drogheda and Bohs instead :)

Dodge
09/04/2007, 8:43 PM
3-1 now

Another shocker by the keeper, who was at fault for all 3 goals IMO

Fenlon might be in trouble now. Last 6 games have seen one draw and 5 defeats

harry crumb
09/04/2007, 8:45 PM
Fenlon doesnt know what hes doing.

Keeper looks useless.

Dodge
09/04/2007, 8:50 PM
4-1

Lovely finish by Behan. Keeper at fault? :D I'll let him away with it

BohsFans
09/04/2007, 9:29 PM
Derry and Bohs are the two most over-rated teams in the league.

who rated us?:confused:

We're comfortably better than Derry.

Their 4-5-1 formation does not work.

B-Stand
09/04/2007, 9:33 PM

Exactly my thinking! It's certainly not the Bohs fans....

We're improving but have a long, long way to go before we're anything like challengers...

Aaron
09/04/2007, 9:45 PM
FENLON OUT!!

http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/index.php

sligoman
09/04/2007, 10:26 PM
Exactly my thinking! It's certainly not the Bohs fans....Ye've been rated all over by pundits to be a close contender for the league. Not as big as Derry/Drogs have but ye still have.

cestlavie
09/04/2007, 10:29 PM
Thought Derry's new keeper could not be worse than PJ. How wrong could I be. Must have **** the togs. Not only his fumbles but his kick outs, cronic:eek:
Derry really need Hargan and D Kelly back and a fit Paddy McCourt. Cork were good in the first half all the same. When things go wrong they do go wrong. Its early doors, they should still be able to climb above Bohs and Sligo at least coz they are woeful and dont know how they have as many points as they have at this stage from what Ive seen and from all the reports.;)

BohsFans
09/04/2007, 10:30 PM
Ye've been rated all over by pundits to be a close contender for the league. Not as big as Derry/Drogs have but ye still have.

which "pundits"?

Poor Student
09/04/2007, 10:31 PM
Its early doors, they should still be able to climb above Bohs and Sligo at least coz they are woeful and dont know how they have as many points as they have at this stage from what Ive seen and from all the reports.;)

You might say that. I'm expecting UCD to at least climb above woeful Derry.

pete
09/04/2007, 10:31 PM
Great win eventhough City didn't play that well. Good to see so many inexperienced players playing well. Can't remember last time scored 4 in the Brandywell.

Derry City very poor. Not the attacking threat they were at home last season.

:cool:

sonofstan
09/04/2007, 10:39 PM
FENLON OUT!!

Jesus - and people think we're fickle and prone to rumour-mongering. Not that I'm not delighted for Pat; He should have taken the Bohs job - might have been just as hated by fans but at least he'd be in Dublin.

compo
09/04/2007, 10:45 PM
Jesus - and people think we're fickle and prone to rumour-mongering. Not that I'm not delighted for Pat; He should have taken the Bohs job - might have been just as hated by fans but at least he'd be in Dublin.

Jennings must be ****ing himself laughing:D Dropped for THAT!:o :D

cestlavie
09/04/2007, 11:00 PM
And UCD might get more than a dozen fans2:rolleyes:

Aaron
09/04/2007, 11:02 PM

I wouldnt say we're fickle, more a case of disgusted at having to watch that every week. From the minute i heard Fenlon wanted to commute from Dublin told me he wasnt going to give the job full commitment. Derry are garbage to watch!! Its not so long ago that this forum was delighted that we were beating Gretna. We were a good team then. Good teams dont become bad overnight, unless your shels!!:p Fenlon also got a bit of stick from fans behind the dugouts and reacted badly to it, had to be restrained from Tony Gorman. There is a difference between having a poor spell and things getting worse, at the min things are getting worse.

cestlavie
09/04/2007, 11:06 PM
Fenlon should have known better but it shows that he cares for the club and Im sure he along with his management team are bursting there balls to try and turn things around. They are winners and Im sure they aint one bit impressed with the way things have gone. It might take the year to turn things around but fans are fickle especially in Derry suppose you could add Bohs to that2;)

sonofstan
09/04/2007, 11:10 PM
Oddly enough, I remember a conversation with another Bohs fan on the first day of the season; we were talking about who we expected to win the title, and when I said it should be Derry, he said that the Fenlon would never be able to do anything with that team, and that he'd be surprised if he lasted the year - his point was that Kenny and Fenlon were completely different kinds of managers and a team which had been successful with one wouldn't be able to deal with the other. He reckoned Drogheda would win the league because they are the only one of last seasons top 4 with the same manager and as strong - or stronger - a squad.

cestlavie
09/04/2007, 11:13 PM
Oddly enough, I remember a conversation with another Bohs fan on the first day of the season; we were talking about who we expected to win the title, and when I said it should be Derry, he said that the Fenlon would never be able to do anything with that team, and that he'd be surprised if he lasted the year - his point was that Kenny and Fenlon were completely different kinds of managers and a team which had been successful with one wouldn't be able to deal with the other. He reckoned Drogheda would win the league because they are the only one of last seasons top 4 with the same manager and as strong - or stronger - a squad.

Good point! Probably not far away there!

Aaron
09/04/2007, 11:16 PM

We'll i'd agree with that. IMO you can add Cork if they get Farrelly and Healy playing. They are a good side as it is and those two will improve it. We'll be lucky to win anything this year:(

sonofstan
09/04/2007, 11:24 PM
Don't know about Healy, but they'll be lucky to get 2 consecutive games out of Farrelly

historynut
09/04/2007, 11:41 PM
Dont go jumping down my throat- Have for personal reasons soft spot for Derry. Have more of an interest in Irish soccer than whats over hear. As stated by CITYTILLIDIE they dont become a bad side overnight, but who was their manager last year ? It may not be proved for a few years but Ill say the last 2 seasons will one of the most entertaing sides they've seen, ever.History is already proving he gave Longford their most succesfull team ever (though early, they will go down and could midland power base be begining to be switched to Athlone). What do you say about Bohs ! Dunfermline were down when he arrived . The Eircom will be the apprentaship arena where one who will become the special one started-he no doubt has not even started. Thats the shame about Derry the level he took them to should at all costs be seen to be maintained. No way after what he achieved should the relegation dogfights of prior to the real special ones arrival, be returned to. Fortunes change from season to season but DERRY with their stature should be top 4 side wether 12 or 10 team league.

BohsFans
10/04/2007, 12:55 AM
We'll i'd agree with that. IMO you can add Cork if they get Farrelly and Healy playing. They are a good side as it is and those two will improve it. We'll be lucky to win anything this year:(

What's with all the hype about Farrelly, he's not that good!

Healy on the other hand...

dcfcsteve
10/04/2007, 1:06 AM
fans are fickle especially in Derry suppose you could add Bohs to that2;)

A lecture on supporter dynamics from a new member with 6 posts to his name and not even a whiff of what team he supports.... :o

I've finally found something to fill that gap after the word 'irony' in my dictionary with....

:rolleyes:

Pablo Escobar
10/04/2007, 8:31 AM
Great win eventhough City didn't play that well. Good to see so many inexperienced players playing well. Can't remember last time scored 4 in the Brandywell.
Derry City very poor. Not the attacking threat they were at home last season.

:cool:

April 2000

Raheny Red
10/04/2007, 8:40 AM
FENLON OUT!!

Good stuff, Keely should sign him up - I reckon he could do a job in the First Division in center midfield :p

OneRedArmy
10/04/2007, 10:07 AM
Watching Derry last night brought back memories of a few years back when a few of the senior pros managed to single-handedly get rid of 3 managers in a short space of time.

Fenlon isn't the only one who has to take a cold hard look at himself.

elliott06
10/04/2007, 10:21 AM
Last night was simply embarissing...over the past few matches derry have failed to impress on many levels however the problem is throughout the team.
Take ola tidman for example if you search into google "ola tidman bad" you will see approx 10 sites illustrating how terible he is as he was selceted as the worst keeper people have seen for shefiled wednesday.!! His catching ,decisions & kick-outs was terrible. Suppose we never appreciated the contribution forde made to the team.
Fenlon`s signings this season have been strange to say the least. Rogers being the only decent addition however hynes seemed a decent addition to the squad last night. We sign kyle moran for the year and two days later we let him go for the year?!?!?!?
Team morale has dissapered...gareth mc glynn & kevin deery sent home before the match last night for arguing. During the match also some players did not seem interested.
And least to say fenlons tactics cannot be justified!

Fair play to fenlon however as he approached the board and said that he undersatnds we are a big club which needs results and he isnt providing. He said he will understand if the board go in search for another manager.

Aaron
10/04/2007, 10:50 AM
Last night was simply embarissing...over the past few matches derry have failed to impress on many levels however the problem is throughout the team.
Take ola tidman for example if you search into google "ola tidman bad" you will see approx 10 sites illustrating how terible he is as he was selceted as the worst keeper people have seen for shefiled wednesday.!! His catching ,decisions & kick-outs was terrible. Suppose we never appreciated the contribution forde made to the team.
Fenlon`s signings this season have been strange to say the least. Rogers being the only decent addition however hynes seemed a decent addition to the squad last night. We sign kyle moran for the year and two days later we let him go for the year?!?!?!?
Team morale has dissapered...gareth mc glynn & kevin deery sent home before the match last night for arguing. During the match also some players did not seem interested.

Fair play to fenlon however as he approached the board and said that he undersatnds we are a big club which needs results and he isnt providing. He said he will understand if the board go in search for another manager.

Were did you hear this???:eek:

dcfcsteve
10/04/2007, 11:30 AM

A post straight out of the master-manual on rumour-mongering there Elliot.

Deery sent home for arguing ? You didn't stick around on the Derry forum for long enough to read past that rumour and see that he didn't play as he's injured, and ratehr than be sent home he was in fact watching the game from the old stand last night. :o

Fenlon saying to the board 'Aye, no worries if you want to look elsewhere. Sure I've only moved half way across the country to work here...' :o

Which taxi firm do you drive for.....? Spreading nonesense like this doesn't help anyone.

Maynard
10/04/2007, 11:43 AM
Not to rub anything in, but just so yis know, Peter Hynes is rubbish. For the calibre of player that Derry should be looking to have on their books following their strides in the last couple of years, Fenlon signing him is baffling.
He is a very ordinary 1st Div player at best.

When Hutton was interviewed by Setanta before the game the reporter asked him "How much of a boost is it to have Peter Hynes available for tonight" the response was something along the lines of "Eh...well he's a big lad...so he gives us an option...ye":o

Dodge
10/04/2007, 12:00 PM
Hynes signing for Derry was the most shocking signing I've seen in this league.

pete
10/04/2007, 12:25 PM
Hynes signing for Derry was the most shocking signing I've seen in this league.

I was surprised to see him replace Beckett when McHugh still on the bench.

Football fans by their nature are fickle.

Decent challenge for Fenlon to prove himself & turn things around as Derry City should be able to make top 4 in the league with ease as those below are poor. Losing at home will always turn fans on the manager - would be better off getting thumped away from home.

Peadar
10/04/2007, 12:30 PM
...would be better off getting thumped away from home.

That will happen too, give him a chance...

skitz3
10/04/2007, 12:39 PM
Fenlon was a great manager for Shels but he also spent a lot of money,he could have almost any player in the league at one stage,those funds aren't at his disposal this year and it seems he is being found out but i also agree that a few Derry players don't look bothered when they are playing.

pineapple stu
10/04/2007, 12:42 PM
Fenlon was a great manager for Shels
I wouldn't say that with certainly. A lot of people - myself included - would argue that the fact he could outspend any club in the league by a distance covered over the fact that he wasn't a great manager with Shels. His start with Derry seems to be bearing that theory out.

SwanVsDalton
10/04/2007, 12:43 PM
Very few of the players have come out of the last few games with any credit and all the pre-match huddles in the world arn't turn things around.

lofty9
10/04/2007, 12:54 PM
If we had a decent keeper we would not be having this debate. Jennings and Tidman are awful. The defence has had no confidence in them at all therefore we have been shipping goals. Tidman deserved his start as Jennings had to be replaced. Tidman now deserves the boot. Fenlon should give young Ferry a chance and in July get either Gerard Doherty from TNS or Saul Deeny from Notts County, two local lads who will be proud to play for Derry. It'll be our only chance to avoid doing a Longford in Europe by getting one of these guys.

However, Fenlon has to take the blame for the way the team are performing and the fact he failed to sign a quality goalkeeper.

elliott06
10/04/2007, 1:02 PM
I agree 100% with lofty9, our defence has no confidence in our goalkeepers abilties as do most of the fans and eugene ferry should be given the chance.

As for dcfcsteve i canot argue as you clearly demonstrate a know it all attitude. I was just saying what i heard last night. And im sure you were speaking to kevin derry about his injury and saw him last night otherwise you would not have responded as you did. For the records i have never been on derry city chat...but i suppose you knew that too.:rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
10/04/2007, 2:07 PM
As for dcfcsteve i canot argue as you clearly demonstrate a know it all attitude. I was just saying what i heard last night. And im sure you were speaking to kevin derry about his injury and saw him last night otherwise you would not have responded as you did. For the records i have never been on derry city chat...but i suppose you knew that too.:rolleyes:

For "know it all attitude", read "fed-up to fcuk with the ridiculous number of rumours flying around" at the moment.... :rolleyes:

But sure - you keep on spreading them, if it makes you feel important to tell people that you've heard something they haven't from a nameless, faceless source you couldn't possibly reveal........ :rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
10/04/2007, 2:08 PM
I say he knows more than that even :D

Certainly more than you anyway RT...... :D

;)

dcfcsteve
10/04/2007, 2:10 PM
Fenlon should give young Ferry a chance and in July get either Gerard Doherty from TNS or Saul Deeny from Notts County, two local lads who will be proud to play for Derry. It'll be our only chance to avoid doing a Longford in Europe by getting one of these guys.

Why do we need a Derry-born keeper ? The team's packed full of Derry people at the moment, and they're not exactly exhibiting much pride in the cause....

I don't give a feck where a new keeper comes from, just so long as we get a decent one.