PDA

View Full Version : We had an ad in the Herald

Poor Student
07/04/2007, 12:01 PM
Last night's match was advertised in the Herald last night. A proper ad with glossy colour and a picture, about 1/8 of the page. It may not have resulted in much of an extra crowd (if at all) but it's good to see these things being tried.

DmanDmythDledge
07/04/2007, 12:42 PM
About time some sort of advertising has been done. Next step is to get posters printed off and put them around the area.

Any chance of getting a scan/picture of the ad?

pineapple stu
07/04/2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Noel Mooney mentioned that to me before the game alright. I told him that there wouldn't be too many UCD fans reading the Herald. :)

Poor Student
07/04/2007, 12:48 PM
I'll bring the Herald along on Thursday.

On Pineapple's point, I was thinking myself that the Irish Times might be a bit more apt.:p

On second examination, the ad is actually over 1/4 of the paltry one page the Harald dedicated to the eL. It says:

(Pic of some fella roaring in our jersey in a crowd)

END YOUR WEEK ON A HIGH NOTE.

What is it that keeps us coming back every week? The wind? The rain? The heartache?
It must be love. The love of football. The drama. The total commitment. And the team behind the team. There's nothing like it.

Get into it.
The some match details and logos at the bottom. The eLOI slogan seems to be: Local Legends. Lifetime supporters.

I'm not sure if Forde or Mooney is responsible for it. It looks forulaic rather than UCD specific. Could be wrong though. It's not bad in any case and far more public than most things we've done.

GavinZac
07/04/2007, 1:15 PM
I told him that there wouldn't be too many UCD fans reading the Herald. :)not much point telling UCD fans what they already know

Dodge
07/04/2007, 1:29 PM
Thats the standard League ad. Its rotated amongst Dublin clubs in the Herald