PDA

View Full Version : Bohs 1-0 Rovers

gustavo
07/04/2007, 1:26 AM
I thought we done very well in first half , kinda lost our way in the second half , very poor penetration in the final third.

feo123
07/04/2007, 1:36 AM
we battled away for the 90 minutes, no complaints effort wise and if they give 100% ya cant really ask for much more. some nice football played at times and as Gus said we lacked a little in the final 3rd. deserved a point out of it, was suprosed with Bohs, they looked average to say the least!
Was impressed with zoltan, thought he done well...foy had his best game so far also. turner done well in the middle aswell! Created just as much as bohs really and i thought a draw would have been fair. we done our best and thats all i wanted from them, unlucky lads!

Royal rover
07/04/2007, 9:20 AM
Good performance in the first half, i like the look of the hungarian playing centre half, the bottom line is though we had no real presence up front, i saw Judge sitting with Peers anyone know what the story is there, at after seeing choice on a number of occasions i'm not very impressed,cretaro was below average and never really got going, great to see Connor getting dogs abuse, what was the story with the banner, did the stewards/police take it away, fair play whoever put that together.

1 9 2 8
07/04/2007, 9:22 AM
We're lacking up front big time

gustavo
07/04/2007, 9:26 AM
Anyone know why we were playing with last years home shirt?

1 9 2 8
07/04/2007, 10:32 AM
Anyone read Connors piece in the program he only welcomed the Sligo Rovers playing staff

feo123
07/04/2007, 12:14 PM
the black jersey and our home red jersey would both have clashed with the bohs shirt. We now use last years home jersey as this seasons 3rd choice kit

sligoman
07/04/2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone read Connors piece in the program he only welcomed the Sligo Rovers playing staffI seriously think he bought his trousers in Lidl, part of the Santa suit for five euro.

feo123
07/04/2007, 12:36 PM
the c**t loved every second of it when we were giving abuse

gustavo
07/04/2007, 1:55 PM
Highlights
_V287HHbwbs

feo123
07/04/2007, 3:09 PM
was i the only one that thought we should have had a penalty at 3.02?

Only1Rovers
07/04/2007, 4:38 PM
Yea lads gave 100% Brush was shaky as usual when coming out for the ball, Vesas and McKenzie did alright, but were caught out on a few occasions. Bajdziak looks like he can play, nice touch, but fook me do we need a striker! Choice was shocking, every time we were in a position to but a ball into the danger area there was nobody in a Rovers shirt looking for it. It was a shame considering we played some nice football up the wings involving Bajdziak.

DonalE
07/04/2007, 5:45 PM
i saw Judge sitting with Peers anyone know what the story is there,

Yeah, i think they're friends :D he's injured

Midlandsred
07/04/2007, 8:53 PM
i have to say it was very encouraging but piotr wasn't really in the game at times, we lacked a forward big time cos wee raf and faz can play but there only gonna be able to work if they have a big man to actually challenge for the ball in the air the major concern with choice is that as big as he is he seems to be afraid to get stuck in.
zoltan is exactly what we need at the back a big lad who can head the ball not saying theres anything wrong with peers or jamie but i think their a bit on the small side and haven't yet got the strength and ability that experience will bring.
all in all was a good performance and a good night out.

showgies
07/04/2007, 9:33 PM
I always felt that this result could happen. Am I the only one who saw the irony in this game being scheduled for Good Friday. Mr "50 pieces of silver" Connor enjoy your day and the headlines about you getting the better of your old club that followed, but Rovers will rise again.

gustavo
07/04/2007, 9:41 PM
It's amazing what a few results and performances will do :) , I remember a month ago it was all doom and gloom here on the board , but we do have a squad of highly talented young player who on the basis play good football despite the loss , the lack of experience and a striker showed , hopefully both will come in time.If we had Sean Flannery and Paul McTiernan out there last night we would have won I think , but thats just hearsay really , time to look forward.

SligoBrewer
07/04/2007, 10:52 PM
It's amazing what a few results and performances will do :) , I remember a month ago it was all doom and gloom here on the board , but we do have a squad of highly talented young player who on the basis play good football despite the loss , the lack of experience and a striker showed , hopefully both will come in time.If we had Sean Flannery and Paul McTiernan out there last night we would have won I think , but thats just hearsay really , time to look forward.
indeed gus, i echo those sentiments!

think positive and act positive! :)

avvenalaf
07/04/2007, 11:37 PM
Showgies, you're probably allowing for inflation but it was actually thirty pieces of silver.

gustavo
08/04/2007, 7:34 PM
Yeah Piotr did well enough considering he was up against the best right back in the League .

feo123
08/04/2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah Piotr did well enough considering he was up against the best right back in the League .

sure coleman was playing for us....

showgies
09/04/2007, 11:44 AM
Showgies, you're probably allowing for inflation but it was actually thirty pieces of silver.

Oops..........I knew I shouldn't have bought that Bible in the Market Yard.

showgies
09/04/2007, 11:50 AM
i saw Judge sitting with Peers anyone know what the story is there.

I am surprised Judge didn't join Bohs. Imagine Judge & Crowe up front. :D
All they would need is to sign O'Brien to make a Wanderly threesome. Of course, they do have good old Sneaky Snake as manager.

Bravo
09/04/2007, 8:09 PM
Yea lads gave 100% Brush was shaky as usual when coming out for the ball, Vesas and McKenzie did alright, but were caught out on a few occasions. Bajdziak looks like he can play, nice touch, but fook me do we need a striker! Choice was shocking, every time we were in a position to but a ball into the danger area there was nobody in a Rovers shirt looking for it. It was a shame considering we played some nice football up the wings involving Bajdziak.

Re: BUSH
The man is carrying an injury from the start of the season, he is only due back in a few weeks if im not mistaken.
I was sitting in front of a few "Sod busters" at the match on Friday night & they gave him greif the whole night, **** me!! Ignorence is bliss. give the guy a break.

SligoBrewer
09/04/2007, 8:21 PM
The man is carrying an injury from the start of the season, he is only due back in a few weeks if im not mistaken.
I was sitting in front of a few "Sod busters" at the match on Friday night & they gave him greif the whole night, **** me!! Ignorence is bliss. give the guy a break.

the lad is brilliant.

that save in longford proved his worth to anyone..
made even more glorious by the fact he was crocked!

red bellied
10/04/2007, 1:59 PM
When asked about the away fans reaction, "all part of the banter". Also quoted as saying, "the one thing I am delighted about is that I actually got them to sing. It took me two years and the first division season before they actually sang. (the rovers fans)

In the news section of the paper there was a piece on a couple of incidents from the UCD match. One was the away supporters incident and the other was a golf ball object thrown at the linesman from the main stand. Rovers are to issue lifetime bans, if they find out who are responsible.

showgies
10/04/2007, 2:12 PM
When asked about the away fans reaction, "all part of the banter". Also quoted as saying, "the one thing I am delighted about is that I actually got them to sing. It took me two years and the first division season before they actually sang. (the rovers fans)

In the news section of the paper there was a piece on a couple of incidents from the UCD match. One was the away supporters incident and the other was a golf ball object thrown at the linesman from the main stand. Rovers are to issue lifetime bans, if they find out who are responsible.

The "golf ball" object was thrown by a child in the front row of the Main Stand after a brutal "offside" decision. From where I was sitting it looked like a small white sweet. It certainly was not a golf ball or anything as large as a golf ball.

jimhacker
10/04/2007, 2:14 PM

The best right back in the league wasn't playing. he was getting ready for his trip to the Brandywell last night.

Only1Rovers
10/04/2007, 7:23 PM

I know he's carrying an injury, I've seen him play a number of times (not in Longford tho). He is a good shot stopper thats a given, but it must be said he is very shaky when coming out for crosses. When he came out on Mansuram in Dalyer he bottled it too. At a critical moment he turned his head away from where mansuram was, dunno what he was thinkin? It can be seen on that YouTube vid.

Listen, I'm not trying to damage the fellas confidence, he wants to play for the club, has a great attitude, and I'm glad he's a Rovers player. I'm merely pointing out that his areal ability would not be what one would like it to be.

Bravo
10/04/2007, 7:50 PM
I know he's carrying an injury, I've seen him play a number of times (not in Longford tho). He is a good shot stopper thats a given, but it must be said he is very shaky when coming out for crosses. When he came out on Mansuram in Dalyer he bottled it too. At a critical moment he turned his head away from where mansuram was, dunno what he was thinkin? It can be seen on that YouTube vid.

Listen, I'm not trying to damage the fellas confidence, he wants to play for the club, has a great attitude, and I'm glad he's a Rovers player. I'm merely pointing out that his areal ability would not be what one would like it to be.

Ah ya, I would agree with your comment but I reckon he is not as mobile as if he were fit & if he were he may be better all round.