PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use SAP?

Closed Account 2
06/04/2007, 3:23 PM
Hi anyone use this in their jobs ?

My understanding is there are various different types of SAP applications (SAP is the actual company) used for things like Accounting, HR Management, Asset Management, there's also a CRM version I think ?

Does anyone use it, or has anyone had training on it ? Is it complex to use and is there any good way to get free or cheap training on it ?

The reason I ask, is that loads of job adverts in my industry seem to ask for knowledge of it as a requirement.

Thanks.

James
06/04/2007, 5:28 PM
i use SAP daily, its complexity depends exactly on what model / cubes of the system you are using and what exactly you are using it for.

Not sure about training. All the departments that use it where I work once someone is hired there, the new people are trained by existing staff in that department.

Im sure there is formal training classes out there from SAP themelves.
I actually had no training in it and learnt how to use it and get the data I need form it by trial and error and playing around with it and help files etc.

FYI - Im recruting someone right now for my team and asked for SAP knowledge and not 1 person that I interviewed actually had it!

KoemansCC
06/04/2007, 11:49 PM
Im sure there is formal training classes out there from SAP themelves.
I actually had no training in it and learnt how to use it and get the data I need form it by trial and error and playing around with it and help files etc.

We use SAP daily in our business too, I have to agree about the training...we had basic training on the routine commands but everything else learned was through trial and error and experience, eventually you become a very competent user.

We have a company online reference that can be accessed in house if we are unsure about anything.

What job were you interviewing for? HIRE ME