PDA

View Full Version : Hoops in trouble 2

Éanna
20/01/2003, 10:51 AM
irishfootballonline (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=432)

It has been reported and rumoured over the weekend that there are some rumblings behind the scenes at Shamrock Rovers. The problems stem from the possible non-payment of wages.
It is believed that Rovers directors met with manager Liam Buckley and the players today. It is also rumoured that Rovers may seek a loan from the FAI to cover costs until Noel Hunt's departure to Dunfermline is completed, although that would likely draw strong protests from some other clubs, Drogheda United in particular.

frozen
31/01/2003, 7:22 PM
ROVERS ASKED FOR 400 FANS TO GIVE 40 EURO A MONTH TO HELP GET A MORTAGE FOR THEIR STADIUM IN TALLAGHT, RUMOUR HAS IT THAT HALF OF THAT MONTHLY IN-TAKE IS NOW GOING TOWARDS THE GENERAL DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE CLUB.
I HOPE THAT THE CLUB IS NOT TAKING THE FANS FOR A RIDE.
LET'S HOPE THAT THE INITIAL INTENT WAS NOT TO DECIEVE THE FANS FROM THE START, I PRAY THAT NO CLUB WOULD BE SO SHABBY!

@ndy
06/02/2003, 6:29 PM
Jesus thats awful altogther...would they ever get their acts together at that club....if it goes much further they'll slide off the edge of the world...:(

Schumi said to me the other day...just get the bloody stadium open...get it open and let it start to pay for itself...let them not have anymore rent expenses....quickly. They need to start earning money properly.

I don't like rovers lately but they are my family's club...my uncle has been a fan for 50 years, all from windy arbour...i'd like to see them back challenging bohs and shels...the league needs rovers to be a force.

WeAreRovers
06/02/2003, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
[B
I don't like rovers lately but they are my family's club...my uncle has been a fan for 50 years, all from windy arbour...i'd like to see them back challenging bohs and shels...the league needs rovers to be a force. [/B]

@ndy, what the hell are you doing following UCD when you're family are Rovers. Lots of us follow the Hoops 'cos of our familes. In my case my dad brought me to Milltown when I was 8 and that was that - lifelong love affair. UCD!!!!?????

KOH

UCD_4_Life
08/02/2003, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
@ndy, what the hell are you doing following UCD when you're family are Rovers. Lots of us follow the Hoops 'cos of our familes. In my case my dad brought me to Milltown when I was 8 and that was that - lifelong love affair. UCD!!!!?????

KOH

At least we've got a ground.

hooper
08/02/2003, 11:11 PM
i would prefer rovers to play in the phoenix park on a piece of **** pitch with a rope around it than in belfield. Belfield is the worst football venue in the WORLD even worse than santry! so dont give me that ground ****e UCD=****E GROUND+ NO FANS= NO BENIFIT TO ANYONE

UCD_4_Life
08/02/2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by hooper
i would prefer rovers to play in the phoenix park on a piece of **** pitch with a rope around it than in belfield. Belfield is the worst football venue in the WORLD even worse than santry! so dont give me that ground ****e UCD=****E GROUND+ NO FANS= NO BENIFIT TO ANYONE

Tolka, Santry or Richmond Park, and you'll never play at home, you'll never play at home

dalo
13/02/2003, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
...the league needs rovers to be a force.

you r cracking me up. when rovers were winning 4 league´s in a row it was probably the most dismal period in NL-EL history.

hope they never win anyhthing again.

what the league needs is a strong Cork City :D

fosterdollar
13/02/2003, 4:54 PM
what the world needs now is love, sweet love. This message board is getting so tense :eek:

@ndy
24/02/2003, 4:08 PM
Sorry man., thought i replied to this ages ago.

My main reason for not becoming a rovers fan is my ould lad was too lazy to go to games or even give a **** about em, and so i ended up cycling down to belfield from Sandyford to games when i was younger where twas just a pound in.

Once i developed an affiliation with the college (sth i never had wit rovers) i was a UCD fan and that was that.

As for the stadium, just reading that it might only take 16/20 weeks once the finances are in. Why cant they just clean it up, start playing there and let it pay for itself without the club losing so much dead money in their current situation?

WeAreRovers
25/02/2003, 4:12 PM
Funny you should say that 'cos I had pretty much the same experience. My dad brought me to Milltown as an impressionable 8-year-old and then showed zero interest himself after that.

I've always had a soft spot for going to Belfield 'cos I used to got the same bus to Milltown and Belfield - the phantom number 17! Ah, glory days.

KOH