PDA

View Full Version : Farrelly and Healy-Online Petition

Pages : [1] 2

michaelguineys
05/04/2007, 10:25 AM
A fan on ccfcforum.com has set up this petition

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/rescind-the-fifa-decision-on-farrelly-and-healy.html

We'd really appreciate yer support!

Midgit
05/04/2007, 10:27 AM
To be honest i am not going to sign it!
I hope they cant play against us on the 12th of May! Because they are both quality.

razor
05/04/2007, 10:27 AM
You obviously haven't been reading the threads on this.
I do expect the Limerick lads to weigh in behind us though. :D

charliesboots
05/04/2007, 11:21 AM
should this not be in the Cork city section? doesn't really affect otgher clubs anymore.

michaelguineys
05/04/2007, 11:23 AM
should this not be in the Cork city section? doesn't really affect otgher clubs anymore.
No, it is in the EL Section because we are looking for support from other EL teams and fans.

coislaoi
05/04/2007, 11:24 AM

Because we would like you and other Eircom League fans to support the petition. If we put it in the City section no one would read it!!:eek:

charliesboots
05/04/2007, 11:25 AM
No other club would get away with it on here, total pro-Cork bias.

The Limerick petition was different because them being refused a license was relevant to everybody.

Just cos you fvcked up over a couple of players you hardly expect other clubs to give a sh!t

Kildare Lad
05/04/2007, 11:29 AM
I signed it, but I really dont think it will make a difference.

Best Of Luck anyway.

michaelguineys
05/04/2007, 11:30 AM
No other club would get away with it on here, total pro-Cork bias.

The Limerick petition was different because them being refused a license was relevant to everybody.

Just cos you fvcked up over a couple of players you hardly expect other clubs to give a sh!t
Charming

Block G Raptor
05/04/2007, 11:31 AM
I'll sign it but in general on-line pettitions are a waste of time. unless you get a few hundred thousand sigs fifa will not take any notice

Risteard
05/04/2007, 11:31 AM
charliesboots, its appealing to other eL fans and obviously two took an interest.
I echo the sentiments of Kildare Lad and Block G.
In general if it gets to the online petition stage, you're truly ****ed, but sure what harm.
If you really don't give a sh!t, don't post in the thread.

michaelguineys
05/04/2007, 11:34 AM
I'll sign it but in general on-line pettitions are a waste of time. unless you get a few hundred thousand sigs fifa will not take any notice

Thanks, appreciate it.

jebus
05/04/2007, 11:47 AM
If that petition gets a load of signatures from fans of other clubs it just shows how small time this league really is, thats all I'll say

charliesboots
05/04/2007, 11:47 AM
If you really don't give a sh!t, don't post in the thread.

Only posted to say that it shouldn't be in the eircom league section and I stand by that...best of luck with the wage bill though.

Dricky
05/04/2007, 2:12 PM
Only posted to say that it shouldn't be in the eircom league section and I stand by that...best of luck with the wage bill though.

We'll start an online petition for you to get it moved, what section will we put it in, oh crap there's no pedantic pat section. :)

Hibs4Ever
05/04/2007, 2:19 PM
This should be in Cork City section. NOTHING to do with league as a whole. Why on earth would supporters of other clubs want to help City in the signing of players??

Dricky
05/04/2007, 2:35 PM
This should be in Cork City section. NOTHING to do with league as a whole. Why on earth would supporters of other clubs want to help City in the signing of players??

eh maybe because it could be the rules that govern the game..... just a thought.

Tis-smeee
05/04/2007, 4:00 PM
Wouldnt sign it in a million years, when our club was in financial difficulty the city fans had no problem gloating at us - and iI have no problem gloating at them - ha ha ha

BohsFans
05/04/2007, 4:09 PM
Why do you need our support? I thought you were all meant to be superior than us down there?

Sign for the spoofer? Not in a million years! :rolleyes:

passerrby
05/04/2007, 4:33 PM
have a problem with this as it should not be aimed at the FAI who have done nothing wrong and not the FIFA who impose the rules of the assoiciation .....play by the rules and move on

John83
05/04/2007, 5:12 PM
Online petitions aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Cymro
05/04/2007, 5:22 PM
I have signed it, not that I think you'll get much luck though lads.

Think it's a bit crap that FIFA can bend the rules for Mascherano but not these two. Stupid rule really anyway.

Raheny Red
05/04/2007, 5:22 PM
What sad person started this?

passerrby
05/04/2007, 5:25 PM
tomorrow morning FAI headquarters
fran gavin rings mechel platini
hi Mick looks like we have a big problem..
whats that is ollie back..
No worse cork fans have a pitition
Bloody hell I think i better call a SGM of the world governing body
Its to late for that they have nearly 200 signatures
O **** Id better resign.
Its your own fault for ridden cork solid you french ****
but you said everybody does it.
ya but its ok for us were expected to

osarusan
05/04/2007, 5:36 PM
Online petitions aren't worth the paper they're written on.

like it.:D

BohsFans
05/04/2007, 6:25 PM
tomorrow morning FAI headquarters
fran gavin rings mechel platini
hi Mick looks like we have a big problem..
whats that is ollie back..
No worse cork fans have a pitition
Bloody hell I think i better call a SGM of the world governing body
Its to late for that they have nearly 200 signatures
O **** Id better resign.
Its your own fault for ridden cork solid you french ****
but you said everybody does it.
ya but its ok for us were expected to

:D :D

class!

superfrank
05/04/2007, 8:45 PM
As I see it it's Cork own mess. If they'd gone with the FAI like all the other clubs did, they'd have their players by now.

Mental Man
05/04/2007, 9:06 PM
I honestly cant believe this thread was started and even gone this far !:rolleyes:

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:11 PM

The inability of some people to rationalise amazes me. Plenty of people supported your lot when the FAI took the league off you for a technicality. It certainly wasn't in their interest.
Thankfully not everyone in this league is as small minded as you.

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:15 PM
Wouldnt sign it in a million years, when our club was in financial difficulty the city fans had no problem gloating at us - and iI have no problem gloating at them - ha ha ha
Yeah? Except we're not in financial trouble. And you're still going down. Again. Will Delaney come to your rescue again? Enjoy the first division - it's where small clubs like yours, with no fans and sh!t grounds belong.

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:19 PM
yeah i for one wont be signing it.when the cork fans get a bit of maturity not to be laughing at seriously injured players(barret and gavin) i might reconsider.and reading a post from a mons fan i hear something in the background,oh yes its chickens coming home to roost

Maturity... like not generalising and being able to see beyond the end of your nose? When you lot learn some humility I might sign your petition. People in glass houses...

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:26 PM
As I see it it's Cork own mess. If they'd gone with the FAI like all the other clubs did, they'd have their players by now.

And you're basing that on what facts? You know the details of all 10 cases? We're not asking for your judgment, we're asking for your support. If you don't want to give it fine. But this is a rule as out-dated and incompatible with EU law as Bosmans so it could affect any club and any player. That's why it's not in the Cork City section.
Reading through the people who have signed the petition today it's nice to see support from fans of so many clubs across Europe. It's great to see there are still some genuine fans out there who can see the bigger picture and not be blinded by petty small town rivalry bitterness.

superfrank
05/04/2007, 9:36 PM
And you're basing that on what facts? You know the details of all 10 cases?
I'm basing that from what's been said on here by the Cork fans. They said CCFC would take the cases on themselves as they didn't believe FAI would do anything. Well that's backfired. The FAI did a good job and if anything it's a lesson for Cork to learn from. Now you are just winging. I am certain if the FAI had failed and CCFC had succeded there would be wide face-rubbing from the Cork fans on here.

We're not asking for your judgment, we're asking for your support. If you don't want to give it fine.
Funny. Cork fans are very quick to judge everyone else. Why can't we judge? It's only fair. :rolleyes:

You will find that the attitude of Cork fans on here has ****ed alot of football fans here off so expect very little support. It's your own fault.

Hibs4Ever
05/04/2007, 9:39 PM
The inability of some people to rationalise amazes me. Plenty of people supported your lot when the FAI took the league off you for a technicality. It certainly wasn't in their interest.

As you can see by this thread we must be all small minded :rolleyes:

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:43 PM
As you can see by this thread we must be all small minded :rolleyes:

No, just you.

Dodge
05/04/2007, 9:47 PM
Why would fans of any other clubs care whether a rival club were stopped from playing 2 new signings. If anything fans of el clubs should be applauded Cork being shafted

Dodge
05/04/2007, 9:48 PM
Just on this, did they ****!?!??!

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:52 PM
I'm basing that from what's been said on here by the Cork fans. They said CCFC would take the cases on themselves as they didn't believe FAI would do anything. Well that's backfired. The FAI did a good job and if anything it's a lesson for Cork to learn from. Now you are just winging. I am certain if the FAI had failed and CCFC had succeded there would be wide face-rubbing from the Cork fans on here.

Funny. Cork fans are very quick to judge everyone else. Why can't we judge? It's only fair. :rolleyes:

You will find that the attitude of Cork fans on here has ****ed alot of football fans here off so expect very little support. It's your own fault.

I didn't say you couldn't judge, just that that wasn't the point of the thread. And I think it's fair to say from reading the various sections on this forum that all fans are quick to judge everyone else.
As for the attitude of some Cork fans on here affecting people's judgment of the bigger picture, I have to say that's being small minded. We get nothing but grief from the Drogs fans, but I hope they get their stadium - it's good for the league. Despite our rivalry I was happy to see Waterford come up - the geographical spread is good for the league.
As for the fact that we represented our players ourselves, if that had anything to do with the decision then we'd simply ask the FAI to handle our next appeal. There's no reason to believe the FAI could have done anything that we didn't. The fact is that the cases for the other 8 players differed from ours. It's the rule itself that people have the problem with, whatever about FIFA's interpretation of it.

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:53 PM
Just on this, did they ****!?!??!

Was that a question or a statement? What's "****!?!??!"?

paddigol
05/04/2007, 9:55 PM
Why would fans of any other clubs care whether a rival club were stopped from playing 2 new signings. If anything fans of el clubs should be applauded Cork being shafted

For the same reason that fans of rival clubs support each other in Europe. Unfortunately I was in Inchicore the last time you played in Europe. Hope you do better for us this year.

Dodge
05/04/2007, 9:58 PM
We've won our last two european games in europe.

And explain to me how Cork being alllowed to sign two players will help pats or any other club bar Cork?

Not to mention internet petitions being the most useless thing in the world ever

superfrank
05/04/2007, 9:59 PM
Despite our rivalry I was happy to see Waterford come up - the geographical spread is good for the league.

And you're still going down. Again. Will Delaney come to your rescue again? Enjoy the first division - it's where small clubs like yours, with no fans and sh!t grounds belong.
Yes it appears you are very happy that Waterford are in the Premier. :rolleyes:

paddigol
05/04/2007, 10:05 PM
Yes it appears you are very happy that Waterford are in the Premier. :rolleyes:

Did I say I'd be happy for them to go down? Just stated my opinion that they're going down again and my disappointment at the state of their ground, the worst in the division. Do you have an agenda or did you just misinterpret what I said?

superfrank
05/04/2007, 10:07 PM
Did I say I'd be happy for them to go down? Just stated my opinion that they're going down again and my disappointment at the state of their ground, the worst in the division. Do you have an agenda or did you just misinterpret what I said?
I think it's fairly clear what you said. And I think it's fairly clear what you are trying.

harry crumb
05/04/2007, 10:10 PM

Get the digs in now Frank, easy when we are down.:rolleyes:

superfrank
05/04/2007, 10:12 PM
Get the digs in now Frank, easy when we are down.:rolleyes:
Huh?

Sorry like all people from outside Cork I don't understand your highly intellectual, God-given, truly brilliant sense of humour. Please forgive me. :rolleyes:

paddigol
05/04/2007, 10:16 PM
I think it's fairly clear what you said. And I think it's fairly clear what you are trying.

Yes, very good argument. Cryptic always wins. And I think you've an agenda.

Anyway, I've posted my thoughts on the comments I read so no point in dragging the post any further off topic.
Thanks to those who've signed the petition.
No worries if you haven't.

Hibs4Ever
05/04/2007, 10:24 PM
Paddigol give it up. You're making yourself look a right ass. As proven already by SuperFrank.

Just accept no one gives a fook about Cirk City FC except their own fans.

And as for supporting other Irish Clubs in Europe :rolleyes: Never have, never will

Sonic
05/04/2007, 11:02 PM
Go stick ur petition up your @rse

charliesboots
05/04/2007, 11:05 PM
Go stick ur petition up your @rse

POTM :D