PDA

View Full Version : Limerick 'fecked'?

pete
17/07/2001, 11:57 AM
Ireland.com (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2001/0717/loi1.htm)

Apparently they have no manager, few players, 400 quid for wages per week, probably no ground (Rathbane about to be sold for development) & the local junior leagues not too keen on them using their ground....

Isn't there anybody in Lmerick would who gives a ****?

Pauro 76
17/07/2001, 1:41 PM
How can you run a team on 400 a week!! No wonder they're fecked. And if Limerick pull out, what sort of state will Div. 1 be in?

Macy
17/07/2001, 2:19 PM
And if Limerick pull out, what sort of state will Div. 1 be in?

Eh, Back to even numbers with an 8 team league! One thing losing a Dub team, but very bad news if we lose another provincial side.

gustavo
17/07/2001, 3:01 PM
God and i thought we were in a bad state!

Pauro 76
17/07/2001, 3:48 PM
Which obviously means 2 south-west teams in the league. My maths are on form today!! Sad to see them go if they fold, its a big rugby and GAA stronghold, so its obviosuly hard for them to attract fans in that neck of the woods.

Gerry Desmond
17/07/2001, 4:01 PM
Well there's talk of Limerick taking a tidy profit from the sale of Hogan Park and moving to Jackman Park. Things might work out for them if that happens, who knows? Certainly, they've been out of the limelight and struggling for too long for it to be healthy...
Any Limerick fans out there to throw any light on the subject?
Gerry

Xlex
17/07/2001, 4:08 PM
There is a pub beside me at work, with a Limerick versus Real Madrid match program in it................................. Just makes you realise............ They mightbe miles apart today, with such a history, Limerick can and should make it work

Gerry Desmond
17/07/2001, 4:24 PM
Yeah, Limerick has the tradition and the history if not (currently) the bobs and the wherewithall...
Gerry