PDA

View Full Version : Ireland National women league

rasper
04/04/2007, 6:02 PM
the national league is due to start in 2008 with the winners to represent ireland in europe. the irish cup remains and will take the same format as this year. it may cost teams alot of money but will be worth it in the long run. hope the fai roll in behind it with some real cash.

cityman
04/04/2007, 7:13 PM
Did you hear this from a reliable source or is it just something you heard? If it is for real when is there going to be an official statement?
How are the going to decide who plays? I imagine it would be open to all clubs in memership of the FAI. Or could it be the clubs that have the facilities?

rasper
04/04/2007, 11:35 PM
i believe it is for real and for a official statement contact the fai.did not hear any format.

cityman
04/04/2007, 11:54 PM
How would you see this league working? Any ideas?

Breifne
05/04/2007, 2:52 PM
i believe it is for real and for a official statement contact the fai.did not hear any format.

I asked a fairly reliable source in the FAI less than a few weeks ago and was told it wasn't a priority, unless something has changed in the very recent past i can't see it happening.

CollegeTillIDie
05/04/2007, 11:18 PM
Well it's part of the official Development plan, but then again it has been part of the last three Development plans for Women's football :)

cityman
06/04/2007, 11:00 AM
Thats true it has been. But if we dont get some sort of national league going shorty...

I wonder how many clubs out there are acually intrested in participating in a national league?! Also how many of them could afford it?

CollegeTillIDie
07/04/2007, 8:08 AM
It would only take 5 to make a debut season possible. As regards clubs being interested I know of at least 3.

cityman
09/04/2007, 11:07 AM
How many of those are from Dublin? I bet one of those are based in the south east. I think you would need at least eight teams. I have a fair idea of 5-6 myself.

CollegeTillIDie
09/04/2007, 12:52 PM
How many of those are from Dublin? I bet one of those are based in the south east. I think you would need at least eight teams. I have a fair idea of 5-6 myself.
Yes one is in the South East. Not sure how many teams in Dublin would be interested but at least one in the North East would be !

rasper
09/04/2007, 9:20 PM
teams that may go into it u.c.d, mayo,wilton,limerick,dundalk,midlands league,galway,lifford and derry city.but the cost may put some teams off.

Countryripple
10/04/2007, 5:50 PM
teams that may go into it u.c.d, mayo,wilton,limerick,dundalk,midlands league,galway,lifford and derry city.but the cost may put some teams off.

Here we go again. A league (midlands league) cannot participate in a LEAGUE!!!

rasper
11/04/2007, 9:43 AM
Here we go again. A league (midlands league) cannot participate in a LEAGUE!!!

and why not????????? if the name league is putting people off lets just call it the mid-lands f.c.
OR TURN IT INTO A COUNTY LEAGUE WITH DUBLIN, WEXFORD, WESTMEATH ECT IN ONE GROUP MAYO,GALWAY,ROSCOMMON,SLIGO IN ANOTHER KERRY,CORK,LIMERICK ,TIP CLARE IN ANOTHER
AND UP NORTH HAVE MONAGHAN,DERRY,DONEGAL AND THE REST MADE UP OF REPRESENTATIVE CLUBS LIKE UCD AND THE LIKES

Countryripple
11/04/2007, 12:50 PM
UCD is not a representative club. Their players are signed to the club and that club only. Unlike the 'league' teams which are made up of good players from different teams.

olegunnar
13/04/2007, 3:12 PM
have we not had the club/league/representative debate before?? Lets leave it in 2006!!

If National League were to take off, it'd have to be regional to start. Facilities would be important, and there should be fai cash backing, as all programmes in WDP have cash backing.

we all know the strong clubs nationally, so they would be a starting point. It might be then open to any interested club. A league representative side might be allowed in,though maybe under the umbrella of a local eircom league club? Depending on local relations i guess.

Anyone inthe womens dept assigned to starting this up? who might be involved?

rasper
04/09/2007, 7:41 PM
your making a lot of sence olegunnar and you would be in line with fai thinking.