PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions for Spillane.

Gary
19/01/2003, 11:49 AM
Is your place on the fence very comfortable?

Why are your player rating always so close to each other? are you afraid to hurt someone?

Why are your match comments always just an extension of what Liam Murphy said?

Why is it, that you never, ever mention the fans? The other night, the City fans sang for the team for 90 minutes. Did u mention, NO! Is this because Noelle and her muppet crew told you that we are just hooligans?

Why is it when referring to fans, you always focus on the negative?

Where did u, or do u have, get a Journo degree?

Éanna
19/01/2003, 11:54 AM
interesting post on th citynet MB along the same lines here (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1588)

Noel Spillane in his player ratings in the Pats -City match gave City a total of 73 against Pats 70. This is despite the fact that City were totally outplayed and had hardly a shot on goal.

I wasn't at the match and I can't therefore give my own ratings but I can't see how the City players could get a better rating than Pats.

Noel Spillane is not the most hard hitting journalist but surely some objectivity is needed.

If we are to accept that individually the City players were better on the night then what does that say about the team performance?

Éanna
19/01/2003, 11:56 AM
Noel Spillane in his player ratings in the Pats -City match gave City a total of 73 against Pats 70.
maybe thats a subtle dig against gunther implying that we are better individually but poor management meant an incoherent team performance :eek: :D

Colm
19/01/2003, 12:15 PM
Spillane is a fool, he is a crap journalist and has the most boring voice ever heard on radio. I can't understand what Red fm are thinking having him as their soccer expert, the guy hasn't a clue.

He was spouting more bullsh!t in the Echo yesterday. His piece about the pats programme was the saddest, pettiest piece of journalism I have seen in quite some time. He was picking out spelling mistakes (very petty) and when mentioning that it said Gunther was tactically retarded he had 'wrong again' in brackets (sucking up to Murphy).

Then, in the main match report he said the game was marred by 'mindless hooliganism'. What crap, the truth is ,barring one or two very minor incidents, City fans were exceptionally well behaved. I have a fairly good idea who told Spillane to write this- a certain busybody who has taken to branding City fans hooligans springs to mind.

I'm sure there are plenty of talented young journalists out there who would love to have a job like Spillanes. Why are the powers that be within the Echo wasting their time with this muppet?

patsh
19/01/2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Why are the powers that be within the Echo wasting their time with this muppet?
Have you considered, Colm, that ALL "journalism" in the Echo is of a standard a long way below that which any self-respecting muppet could write?
C'mon, your average school paper turns out more interesting and real journalism that anything you will find in an Examiner publication..:rolleyes:
Jaysus, even chippers don't bother with the thing anymore....:D

goalside
19/01/2003, 9:38 PM
i find spillane writes for the city fans who go along to support the team. i enjoy reading his articles. don't mind the critics noel. keep up all your good work. your fan, goalside

thecorner
20/01/2003, 1:45 AM
Originally posted by goalside
i find spillane writes for the city fans who go along to support the team. i enjoy reading his articles. don't mind the critics noel. keep up all your good work. your fan, goalside

id say that goalside even believes whats wriitten in THE SUN

i bet he drinks carling black label

Éanna
20/01/2003, 8:42 AM
your fan, goalside
if you want to write him letters do, just don´t post them will ya :rolleyes:

patsh
20/01/2003, 9:12 AM
Spillane, you get more pathetic by the day!
Then again, as w*nking is making love to yourself, writing love letters to yourself is only your next natural step!!!:D

mouldymurphy
20/01/2003, 10:27 AM
i wouldnt read or beleive the crap in that paper to save my life

ECHO OUT

Pablo
20/01/2003, 6:47 PM
the echo give good coverage. spillane however has no balls when it comes to his articles.

Yer man Mchale is a legend though, remember the gem;

"Liam Murphy thinks tactics are a brand of confectionrey(sic)"

class

goalside
20/01/2003, 8:11 PM
despite waht you all say Noel has done some very good interviews with liam murphy. liam is a man of few words so it must take a very skillful writer to put together an article every week.

im a great fan of noels and look forward to reading his articles every friday and saturday night.

thecorner
20/01/2003, 8:47 PM
liam is a man of few words

u forgot to mention few emotions, few tactics and on and on

goalside
20/01/2003, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
u forgot to mention few emotions, few tactics and on and on

just because he does not show emotions does not mean anything. when he is on the sideline he is thinking deeply about what sub to put on and how to break down the other defence.

he is a natural deep thinker.

thecorner
20/01/2003, 11:18 PM
just because he does not show emotions does not mean anything. when he is on the sideline he is thinking deeply about what sub to put on and how to break down the other defence.

im sure they r employing in the comedy club
u should definitly go for a job there

patsh
21/01/2003, 10:06 AM
Ahh........ it's too easy............:D
Noel/Noelle a little deep thinking on your part would go a long way.....;)

Gary
19/02/2003, 7:23 PM
with all the "pomp and ceremony" in the national papers about Dolan/City, our friend wrote approx 40 words on it yesterday. What a plonker. Does he not know that a bit of investigative journalism with a bit of hype sells papers?

Id say he must be stewing that McHale, once again got the scoop on him.

Ill say it again, SPILLANE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

niamh
19/02/2003, 8:36 PM
Bloody journalists, what are they like???

TommyT
19/02/2003, 11:36 PM
Here's a letter I sent to him about his 'mindless hooliganism' bit, he got back to others the same day with his Phil Mooney excuse but this left him nowhere to hide so he ignored it

Dear Sir

Regarding you're article of Saturday last, and the statement therein that 'at least ten Shamrock Rovers fans were arrested' before the game. I believe you have already received some correspondence on the matter and that you replied that the story was given to you by St. Patrick's Athletic official Phil Mooney and confirmed by two gardai present. Unfortunately it appears you were misled. I myself was at the game along with many Hoops supporters, since it was of crucial importance to us in our search for a European place, no one I spoke to on the night saw anything of the sort of which you describe and nor is it supported by any of the eyewitness accounts I have read on the internet. Furthermore it appears that the Garda inspector in charge on the night has confirmed that no Rovers fans were arrested. I hope you are as anxious as I and many Rovers supporters are to see this matter cleared up.

Yours in sport

Tommy Tormey

James
20/02/2003, 9:00 AM
tommy
why dont u send it to liam horan: sports editor of the echo or mark the email for the attention of him
ignore splilage he's a muppet of the highest proportion

patsh
20/02/2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by James

ignore splilage he's a muppet of the highest proportion
muppet....proportion....???
Surely you are not comparing the Spillage to the lovely Miss Piggy ??????:D