PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Leader disgrace

Sean Drog
18/01/2003, 8:27 PM
Just read the farce of a match report in the Drogheda Leader - perhaps I'm naive but I believe the local press should at least try to promote the club, the tabloid muck in the leader is unbelievable.

headline
"Oops we did it again! Britney should pen the United club song".

Would you see a paper in Derry print this about them if they lost?, the hell you would.

Ireland has been plagued with backstabbers throughout the centuries ready to put down their own people and Drogheda seems to have more than its fair share of them.

Half the businesses in the town don't help us, the journo's in the national press actually seem to be out to destroy the club (I've given up on these) and the local papers try to protray the club as a joke, well to all these enemies of the club - no more.

Let this be your last warning, the days of the club being an easy target are no longer, make your choice you're with us or against us.

If your against us then you better get use to the taste of muck as the Claret and Blue Army will stamp you into the ground.

FORZA DROGHEDA !!!!

NewDrogFan
19/01/2003, 8:51 AM
What exactly do you expect from Drogheda's answer to the national enquirer!

I read an artical in the self same paper about the road I live on and had to read it 3 times to be sure - total rubbish. I even wrote to them and am still awaiting a reply.

Drogheda Business should boycott this organ - as the more rubbish it prints the more it should be ignored

Drogrough
20/01/2003, 2:57 PM
:mad:

I think it’s their attempt at wit and post-modern irony. But what else can you expect from a rag that publishes the god awful doggerel of Mr. Paddy Cluskey :confused:

Giby
20/01/2003, 4:18 PM
The same rag only gives one poxy paragraph reports for United's games and has full page articles on nutters from Donore!! Also I seem to remember them having a two page colour spread when we won the First Division while all year they barely gave the Drogs a mention. The Leader is a rag pure and simple.