PDA

View Full Version : Kildare

Pages : [1] 2

new blue
03/04/2007, 9:55 PM
What are the chances against Kildare on Sun.
They're bottom of the table.
Another draw on the cards?

Thunder-WYFC
03/04/2007, 9:59 PM
1-0 to the lads

brokenstar
03/04/2007, 10:21 PM
yeah, i'd like to think we can get a result out of this one. A few injuries but i'll try for a 2 -1 win to us

Tazskool
03/04/2007, 10:41 PM
I am gonna go for 2-0 on this one :)

Kildare Lad
03/04/2007, 10:45 PM
I think it will be a 1-1 draw, but could go either way IMO

Thunder-WYFC
03/04/2007, 11:30 PM
My flag could be making its first appperance also

passinginterest
04/04/2007, 11:05 AM
I'd like to think we can sneak this one. I'll go for a 2-1 win. :)

Philly
04/04/2007, 11:14 AM
We were awful last week, and really haven't impressed much lately. We have on paper a grand side well able to be i the top four or there abouts. Unfortunately something is very wrong at the moment and the lads can't play together at all. Manager is under pressure, and morale is low. I think we either "turn things around" this Sunday and trash you guys emphatically, or we continue with how we have being going and lose or draw.

Looking forward to getting there. Should be a few of us there.

Tazskool
04/04/2007, 12:23 PM
No one can expect the lads to be full of morale and everything to be rosey so early on.. Its far too early.. the lads have to realise it will be a huge uphill battle this year..

Whilst wanting to win every game and do well everyone, including the fans and management, have to realise this.

Yes I also want the Youths to do damn well and not be stuck to the bottom of the table (which they are showing they wont do!). They have to learn to work as a team fully and this takes time.

As long as they stick together as a team and go into each game with their heads up and do as best as possible.

5 games into the season and there is no way ANY team, not even a English Premiership Club, can expect a perfect morale and togetherness so quickly cause afterall they are human and do get down with they lose cause they do have so much pride and want to do well!!

Youths.... No matter what the results are just go out and do everyone proud! Challenge for everything and play the beautiful game!

Sunny Jim
04/04/2007, 1:44 PM
I'm hoping for: a 2-0 win, no wind and a quick exit (for a change!)

ForzaWexford
04/04/2007, 2:25 PM
I'd say the only way you'll get a quick exit is if you are there early enough to park just inside the gate or you befriend someone living near the ground + park your car there!!

I'd be happy to take anything off Kildare, I dont think they're as bad as their league position....will go for a 1-0 win.

steno
05/04/2007, 6:24 PM
0-0 methinks hope the wheather keeps up.

steno
05/04/2007, 6:25 PM
I'd say the only way you'll get a quick exit is if you are there early enough to park just inside the gate or you befriend someone living near the ground + park your car there!!

I'd be happy to take anything off Kildare, I dont think they're as bad as their league position....will go for a 1-0 win.

we're not really player wise we are quiet good, the managers s**t.

steno
07/04/2007, 7:37 PM
Quick question lads and ladies is there plenty of parking down there? will be driving up tomorrow.
Cheers

brokenstar
07/04/2007, 8:46 PM
Quick question lads and ladies is there plenty of parking down there? will be driving up tomorrow.
Cheers

No need to worry about parking Steno. The car park is huge at Newcastle. The only thing to worry about is getting out of the fu**in place in a hurry! :D The stewards takin care of the parkin are pretty clueless, but other than that the space and facilities are top notch mate

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 10:31 AM
Well only a few hours away from the game,its very hot here in town but I somehow doubt its going to be like this come kick off time in Newcastle.I'd say the crowd might be slighty affected again by the fact that the hurlers are playing in Kilkenny at 2 o'clok in their first League 1/4 final since 96,but I'm still predicting 1600+.I'm going to go for a 2-1 win for Wexford.

Philly
08/04/2007, 11:22 AM
Do you guys have big defenders? If so, we're ****ed. Our mismanager's tactics.... well.... you will see!

Getting ready to leave in the "Stenomobile"! Here's to a good game

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 11:45 AM
Yea the all over 6ft anyway and can win a few headers

ForzaWexford
08/04/2007, 1:15 PM
Stewy Lawlor is out though and he has been a rock at the back so far........

Joey Wadding is starting in midfield, Patsy Malone being pushed back to man-mark instead of Stewy.

Wallace won't be there either btw, seen as he's over in Italy with the U-16's for another few days yet.....unless he's after flying back especially for the game!

The crowd will be affected alright seen as footballers are playing Meath in Wexford Park and hurlers are in league quarter-final.......hopefully a few Dubs will show up though seen as they're all over the county this weekend!

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 1:36 PM
**** I thaught the footballers were away,ya the Dubs are all over the place!

ForzaWexford
08/04/2007, 1:41 PM
No it's at home, 3.30 throw in.

They have a slim chance of qualifying (if we win by 8 points or more) so should attract a decent crowd.....

brokenstar
08/04/2007, 2:40 PM
heard a rumour the jerseys are on sale at the ground lads :D

Tazskool
08/04/2007, 5:07 PM
At the moment Youths are 2-1 up and down to 10 men!! about 10 mins to go!!

Malone 46
Russel 50
Larkin: Sent off!!

----
aarrggghhh

a goal on 90mins makes it 2-2

Philly
08/04/2007, 8:29 PM
Exciting game. Your fans moan a lot!

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 9:54 PM
Well dunno where to start,by far the worst referee I've ever seen,not sure why Larkin was sent off and the penalty decision was disgraceful.It also seemed that every time Patsi Malone went in for a tackle a free kick was given against him.Alot of playacting also from the Kildare players which resulted in our lads being booked.Two well headed goals for the lads.Dunphy only made one handline error today and it cost us dearly.Still do,we're undefeated at home!

brokenstar
08/04/2007, 10:10 PM
yeah man, the refereeing today was bordering on the ludicrous. It really is shocking the standard that the refs in this league are. It was a shame Dunphy spilled the feckin ball too. But that's the way it goes i suppose. We were definitely robbed today, but fair play to Kildare for a good game. Fu**in referees!

Aaron
08/04/2007, 10:19 PM
who was the ref

brokenstar
08/04/2007, 10:26 PM
Adrian McNally. Didn't get a progam, but according to rte.ie, that's who was down to ref.

ForzaWexford
08/04/2007, 10:47 PM
I heard it was the referee's first ever game in the eL. He was linesman for the game against Limerick. He blew for feckin everything against us! Terrible penalty decision right at the death to rob us of 2 points + 4th place. To be fair to the ref the ball did hit Conor's arm, but to be fair to Conor he could never have avoided it. It was completely accidental and unavoidable. Never a penalty. Dolan tore into the ref after the match, thought he was going to hit him!

I don't know what Larkin was sent off for, but was standing near where he walked off and he was adamant one of the Kildare fellas threw a headbutt at him. Which means he must have retaliated. Which depending on what he did might have deserved a red card! The linesman on the far side spotted it and not the ref.

And as for Kildare's first goal! Don't know how Dunphy let the ball fall out of his hands, anyone else on the pitch would have caught it. Even the little ref.

Good to see the lads fight back in the second half though, was a fairly encouraging performance all in all I suppose. Smaller crowd than the last 2 games, would say around 1100 or so.

And only a gentle breeze of a wind!

brokenstar
08/04/2007, 10:56 PM
According to the report on rte.ie Larkin was sent off for retaliation alright. But if he was retaliating against someone, there was obviously an incident to merit that. God bless Dunphy, but for f*ck sake! That kind of thing just makes you so angry. Hopefully Jason Russell is well on the road to recovery!

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 10:56 PM
Well I was nearly thrown out for tellin the ref he was ****

ForzaWexford
08/04/2007, 11:05 PM
From what I've heard Russell will be back in action next weekend. Whether he'll get picked or not is another thing, but hopefully he'll be between the sticks up in Ballybofey!

I wouldn't mind so much if we were fouling cynically all the time, but the referee blew for a lot of harsh frees. You weren't the only 1 psised off with him. Bring on Kilkenny is all I have to say, whatever about the game in Donegal, a bigger home crowd will surely egg the players on that little bit more. Hopefully Stuuy Lawlor will be fit again, because having both him and Garret missing from the back three is a little bit worrying. Although to be fair to Joey Wadding and Patsy they both had decent games today.

Thunder-WYFC
08/04/2007, 11:07 PM
The crowd were baying for the **** after the game!

Lim till i die
08/04/2007, 11:44 PM
I heard it was the referee's first ever game in the eL. He was linesman for the game against Limerick.

I think he's the same $hite who "refereed" our League Cup game against Cobh. If it is he's not going to last pi$$ing time lads :ball:

Philly
09/04/2007, 12:40 AM
I'll give an "in-depth" analysis of the game now!!

Not really.

It was a great game to watch. Exciting end to end stuff. Your keeper made a right mess for the first goal. The peno was deserved though. A draw is probably the fairest of scores.

Brilliant set-up you have. As you travel to more away games you will realise why you are the envy of a lot of eL fans. Beautiful ground. Get a new PA guy though :p

Also, could Pat Dolan please try to stay in the technical area?!?!

Good game. We all got our moneys worth. Best of luck for the coming season.

P.S. The Stenomobile stopped in Sues Diner on the way home, in Oilgate. We don't recommend it to anybody!

Thunder-WYFC
09/04/2007, 10:55 AM
I always thaught it was a nice place to get some food

ForzaWexford
09/04/2007, 11:52 AM
I was there once.....horrible.

Philly, just wait until next season when we should have a proper stand, then you can start really envying us!

Philly
09/04/2007, 1:19 PM
I was there once.....horrible.

Philly, just wait until next season when we should have a proper stand, then you can start really envying us!

Yeah in Wallace you have a "CEO" that actually goes stuff and doesn't just talk about it. Seriously though, the whole match-day set up was better than what I have seen at some Premier division games. You even have ultra-fancy turnstiles!
We have a decent stand and corporate area. Another two coming very soon. Is Wallace going to do a normal stand. or a Mini Italian style ground?

Glad to see you agree with me on the diner. Ugh!

PS Video of the Wexford - Kildare game will be up soon

Sunny Jim
09/04/2007, 1:54 PM
Well, that was a game and a half! I hope the general standard of refereeing over the season will be better than yesterday, because Mr. McNally was awful! However, I think the fact that he was so bad helped to generate a better atmosphere because a lot of us got very hot under the collar! And I got a jersey there too so all in all it wasn't such a bad day. :) I think we'll be alright this season.

Philly
09/04/2007, 2:04 PM
Also. Was the red card not for a headbutt? If so. Perfectly justified.

steno
10/04/2007, 11:20 AM
Ref was poor, happy to see county come away with a point. Could have easily conceded a third if it wasn't for Philly Bryne. Penalty was one of those some refs would given while others wouldn't have.

Was a good game, real end to end stuf in the second half after the youths had a player sent off.

Was really impressed with the setup and the match programme as well.

The stenomobile needs a new exhaust.

strangeirish
10/04/2007, 2:43 PM
Here you go boys. A little video of the game. Looks like a nice set up that ye have.
sDt4n96_m8k

Chippy
10/04/2007, 2:52 PM
Here you go boys. A little video of the game. Looks like a nice set up that ye have.
sDt4n96_m8k

Fantastic clip- my first view of the youths(haven't been able to make a game yet) & they don't look half bad.
Will you be posting clips like this for every game ???(music was a bit on the dodgy side though !!!!) Thanks again .....:) :) :)

brokenstar
10/04/2007, 2:56 PM
yeah, nice one strangeirish, great clip mate

whats with the music though?? :p

Top stuff mate, cheers again

Philly
10/04/2007, 3:15 PM
The lads that record it for us always choose the music / lyrics from a KCFC point of view. John Ryan is under alota pressure at the mo, so the lyrics match up with his situation at the moment! County fans would get it!

strangeirish
10/04/2007, 4:07 PM
yeah, nice one strangeirish, great clip mate
whats with the music though?? :p
Top stuff mate, cheers again
Know idea what the music is, sorry. I didn't record it, I just posted it. A lad at the club video's a lot, if not all of the games and uploads it to youtube, so credit where it is due. I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to take credit for this lads fine efforts.

Cheers and glad ye enjoyed it.

Strangeirish.

Tazskool
10/04/2007, 6:29 PM
NIce vid!!! Even from a Youths point of view.. it gives people like me who cant get to the games due to a stupid puddle of water (called the sea) a chance to see bits of the match :)

ForzaWexford
10/04/2007, 11:21 PM
Nice video, shot from the temporary stand, makes it look like there was no-one there though!

Would I be right in guessing that Steno & Philly are 2 of the 3 that go mad behind the goal when the peno's scored???!

passinginterest
11/04/2007, 9:43 AM
Didn't manage to get down for the game, btu glad to see a pretty good performance.

According to my Dad, who's been to all the home games we were poor in the first half. Was on the phone to him when we scored the equaliser.
Much improved second half and unluck enough with the penalty.
He said stand not close to full so estimated crowd no more than 1,000.
Still not bad considering it was up agaist 2 very big GAA matches.
I think around 1,000 would be a good hardcore of support if it can be held onto.

PS Was there jerseys on sale? I asked my Da to get me one as soon as they were available and he told me all he could get was a programme?
Now I'm wondering if he's winding me up!

G-Man
11/04/2007, 9:48 AM
800 was quoted on the radio as the attendance, which would sound about right. Still good numbers, but would have thought there would be some more on a fine bank holiday weekend sunday afternoon. There were 2 big GAA games on alright, and with the hurling one on tv that might have caused some not to go.

not a bad result, but a pity we couldnt hold out for another victory at home.