PDA

View Full Version : Kildare

Pages : 1 [2]

ForzaWexford
11/04/2007, 9:26 AM
PS Was there jerseys on sale? I asked my Da to get me one as soon as they were available and he told me all he could get was a programme? Now I'm wondering if he's winding me up!

He musn't have looked very hard! Only the home jersey.

brokenstar
11/04/2007, 9:26 AM
PS Was there jerseys on sale? I asked my Da to get me one as soon as they were available and he told me all he could get was a programme?
Now I'm wondering if he's winding me up!

The jerseys were on sale on sunday alright. A mate of mine got one.

Philly
11/04/2007, 9:30 AM
Steno and I weren't behind the goals. We were with the thirty or so KCFC Fans that sat together in the stand.

steno
11/04/2007, 4:58 PM
Nice video, shot from the temporary stand, makes it look like there was no-one there though!

Would I be right in guessing that Steno & Philly are 2 of the 3 that go mad behind the goal when the peno's scored???!

Nope was in the stand going mad there with two or three others;) counted 35 kildare county fans in that section alone and saw another 8 scattered around the ground good crowd for the journey down.

GavinZac
11/04/2007, 6:12 PM
what in gods name was the keeper upto for the penalty. theres putting the player off, and then theres putting yourself off.

YellowbellyRed
11/04/2007, 9:47 PM
Was there for my first game with my brother and his mate on Sunday. We were poor in the first half, but looked great I thought in the second until such time as Larkin was sent off. Some very encouraging performances throughout the team, although it looked like Jason <>, who came on as a sub, might not be around again. As others said the atmosphere improved as the ref got worse. One of the KC players definitely kicked one of ours on the ground during the game too. Will definitely go again, facilities looked very good considering they were put together in a hurry. Good luck to the team and keep up the good work to all.

Thunder-WYFC
11/04/2007, 10:09 PM
Yep think Jays gone

ForzaWexford
11/04/2007, 10:29 PM
He got very angry with a certain "fat b*stard" in the dressing room after the game. Wasn't very happy with being taken off with a few minutes to go after only coming off the bench during the second half himself. Has since rang up and asked for his release and afaik the club aren't going to try stop him leaving.

ForzaWexford
11/04/2007, 10:52 PM
No no no no no. Dolan. Reading between the lines I'd say there was some tension there already.

Edit: Ah wait, were you being sarcastic??

wexman
12/04/2007, 7:48 AM
what dolan done to the sub was v bad management he could have dealt with it better than that he didnt have to go and humiliate the lad in front of his own home crowd no matter what is going on between them. he could have dealt with it behind closed doors:confused:

G-Man
12/04/2007, 9:08 AM
what dolan done to the sub was v bad management he could have dealt with it better than that he didnt have to go and humiliate the lad in front of his own home crowd no matter what is going on between them. he could have dealt with it behind closed doors:confused:

I get what you are trying to say here, but from your recent posts everything you have to say about the team is negative. Giving out about the style of play, the non selection of players who you wont name, giving out about the men over the team.

Are you looking for the role of the extreme negative supporter, the one who goes to all the games to bitch about the team and how crap they are? Saying I think this lad should be playing, or what the hell are they playing at, instead of actually supporting the team.

The team and the whole development is in its infancy and needs encouragement and support, not negativity and put downs.

wexman
12/04/2007, 9:50 AM
i dont mean 2 b negative but there is FA 2 b positive about what happened with the sub was wrong. totally out of order. we are playing with ten men defending & scoring off set pieces whats positive about that? we have good attendances now but they wont continue 2 watch a team defending 4 an hour an a half & thats at home. we have picked up a few points but when we go 2 play our second round of games teams will have settled down & know our game the ul have fifty negative people on here giving out. its just as easy do things right as wrong. i hope we start doing it right & start playing "the beautiful game" instead of killing it. im watching el over ten year now i know what im looking at

passinginterest
12/04/2007, 10:08 AM
Wexman anyone I was talking to that was at the Kildare game said we played some very good football before the sending off in the second half. They admitted the first half was very poor but a lot more promise in the second.

I don't think anyone could have expected the team to have only lost once in first five games. The results have been fantastic even if the quality of football has been poor at times.

If you've been following Eircom league for 10 years then you know the first division is extremely physical and full of hoof ball teams. Sometimes you have to play less attractive football to deal with this. In the second series of games we will have a more settled team too and will be more confident about imposing our game on other teams.

Anyway lots of teams play defensive football and live of goals from set pieces and counter attacks, not just Irish teams either, see Chelsea, Liverpool etc. for more popular examples. Their often incredibly boring and negative style of play doesn't really affect the crowd too much, especially when the results are good.

I'll admit subbing a sub and humiliating the player is bad form, and hopefully this will be an isolated incident that everyone involved will learn from.

End of rant. Sorry.

Tazskool
12/04/2007, 10:55 AM
Like it was said at the start of the season.. "This season is all about survival!"

If that means dragging out draws and ensuring WYFC stays where they are then so be it!! Do you want to see the team relegated??

They are all VERY new to this league and level of football.. You cant expect miracles and the beautiful game to be played with free flowing football every minute of every match..

Ensure the safety of the club in the league first.. ensure the finanicial status of the club by keeping it up.. THEN play one touch fluent football that is great to watch and shows off flair and skill when they are more used to the leauge and confident they are going to stay in the league.

The team still have not got used to each other...

I'd rather go see a 1-1 draw whereby we play ok football and defend solidly.. than see my team lose 3-0 cause we played football the crowd wanted to see.

Yes the management and team will make mistakes as has been bought up by the recent match substitution but they will hopefully learn and I really hope Russell does not leave but all involve sit down and deal with it like men and concentrate on what is important! WYFC and keeping them in the First Div!!

passinginterest
12/04/2007, 11:05 AM
Taz just a couple of points to correct, the team can't really be relegated as there is currently no relegation from division one, teams are elected to the league. This may change in next two seasons with proposed A and B leagues. I agree with the basis of what your saying though.

Also I don't think it's Jason Russell that's being referred to I think it's the other Jason in the squad. If it's Russell that's a massive loss as he's without doubt the first choice keeper.

ForzaWexford
12/04/2007, 11:37 AM
It's Jason Murphy. Russell should hopefully be back in action soon!

Tazskool
12/04/2007, 12:16 PM
ahh ok ... old age confuses me even more :)

brokenstar
12/04/2007, 3:20 PM
The way I see it lads, is that the positive aspects of this club by far outweigh the negatives. By this stage after five games the same old sh**e is being moaned about by certain people and to be honest it's gettin a tad tedious. We can repeat ourselves till we're blue in the face to be honest but the message is still not getting through. G-Man, Forza, Passinginterest and Taz, you're all damn right in what ye say lads. This team is young, inexperienced but from what i've seen so far it has a hell of alot of potential and fighting spirit, and those are 2 things vital to making our mark in this league. I've watched el for the best part of 10 years too, and none of the football anywhere in this league is very attractive. Teams scrap and fight for every point, you wanna see attractive football? Watch a South American team or something, simple as. The more moaning about players who should or shouldn't have been picked goes on, the more it sounds like sour grapes. It was a fair process, everyone was given a fair crack, end of story.

We have the foundation and potential to be a great club, but as ye say lads it's early days and will be for at least the next couple of seasons. But a true fan sticks with their team through thick and thin, through wind and rain, no matter what. This is Wexford's team, this is OUR team, and i think we should all be damn proud of that and of anyone that plays for Wexford Youths.

YellowbellyRed
12/04/2007, 6:54 PM
Just a quick point re aforementioned Jayo. He was having an absolute mare to be fair. Got into good positions a few times but wasnt delivering. Pat Dolan was giving him a hard time to cover a bit more ground to try and protect the defence which was lying very very deep to try and defend the lead. He sent on a bigger lad to try and keep the ball up front which sadly he wasnt managing to do. To be honest he walked straight into the dressing room and was out past our car before he could have even had a row with Dolan or anyone else. I'm sure hes better than his display on Sunday and should hang around and prove Dolan wrong. Anyway plenty of positives to take from the game too. Go on the youths!

brokenstar
12/04/2007, 7:49 PM
Just a quick point re aforementioned Jayo. He was having an absolute mare to be fair. Got into good positions a few times but wasnt delivering. Pat Dolan was giving him a hard time to cover a bit more ground to try and protect the defence which was lying very very deep to try and defend the lead. He sent on a bigger lad to try and keep the ball up front which sadly he wasnt managing to do. To be honest he walked straight into the dressing room and was out past our car before he could have even had a row with Dolan or anyone else. I'm sure hes better than his display on Sunday and should hang around and prove Dolan wrong. Anyway plenty of positives to take from the game too. Go on the youths!

Cheers for that mate. Sounds to me that there's a bigger picture to be looked at here. This lad has to remember that Dolan was doing what he thought was best for the team, if Jason didn't agree, that's fair enough, he's entitled. Thing is, this ain't Sunday league soccer anymore and he can't just take his ball and go home every time something doesn't go his way.

Hopefully the whole story will be revealed in time and Jason will stay and fight for his chance to establish himself at Wexford Youths

YellowbellyRed
12/04/2007, 9:40 PM
On a related matter anyone else hear Dolan on newstalk (Off the ball) tonight taking the p$$s out of Dublin as a centre of sporting mediocrity? Very funny I thought, lots of Antos and Jayos texting in to remind us of the mighty achievements of Ken Doherty, Bernard Dunne and a few other notables..The quote they play regularly of Damien Richardson makes me laugh. A very good programme in the norm for anyone who hasnt heard it, every week night between 7-10..

ForzaWexford
12/04/2007, 11:29 PM
To be honest he walked straight into the dressing room and was out past our car before he could have even had a row with Dolan or anyone else.

According to someone that was in the dressing room after the game Jason did have words with Dolan. I agree with everything else you said though, I've seen him play a lot better than he did at the weekend.

Brokenstar is spot on. We're young and inexperienced, and can't expect to be playing great football after only a few months.

Reading this (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/about_us.html) makes me feel very optimistic about how the club is going to evolve and what's going to happen a few years down the line.

GavinZac
13/04/2007, 1:38 AM
Reading this (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/about_us.html) makes me feel very optimistic about how the club is going to evolve and what's going to happen a few years down the line.

i havent read it but im sure it is grade A dolan double speak.

YellowbellyRed
13/04/2007, 8:03 PM
Think you should read it Gavin, dont think Pat D wrote it..

GavinZac
14/04/2007, 12:08 AM
Think you should read it Gavin, dont think Pat D wrote it..

i did read it in the end, forgot to comment on it. yeah, there isnt enough alliteration for it to be dolan.