PDA

View Full Version : Mikael Forrsell anybody..?

AustinoAsprilla
03/04/2007, 9:44 AM
From BBC's "GOSSIP" column: Birmingham striker Mikael Forssell may go on loan to a Scandinavian club in the summer in a bid to be fit for next season after knee surgery. (Mirror)

Just a thought, but mainly to see if anyone thinks this possible: Should Cork or Drogs etc go for Forrsell for a couple of months loan in the summer? Does anyone think it would be feasible? Forrsell is certainly not the player he was a few years back but would boost the profile of the league immensley if someone signed him.

On SkySports.com:

"Mikael needs to play but I can't take a gamble by letting him play in the hurly-burly of the end of season," Bruce told The Sun.

"We'll try to get some games for him in the summer.

"I feel sorry for him because he has worked so hard but I don't want to take any risks."

Sorry for quoting from the sun and the mirror in the one piece... Slow work day!

monzo
03/04/2007, 9:50 AM
Isn't it Bruce who's on good terms with Sean Connor? I doubt it's at all likely that Forsell would be interested in coming over here though.

charliesboots
03/04/2007, 10:16 AM
he'd get booted around

Big Ears
03/04/2007, 11:07 AM
He'd probably much prefer to play in Scandinavia aswell .

superfrank
03/04/2007, 11:36 AM
Surely he's on an awful lot of money. Too much I'd say for any club.

A face
03/04/2007, 12:36 PM
Would he even offer anything to the standard of the league, isn't he bit of a has-been ??

jebus
03/04/2007, 12:49 PM
Would he even offer anything to the standard of the league, isn't he bit of a has-been ??

Lets not start that again, Forssell, even crocked and playing half heartedly would offer a lot to the standard of this league, anyone saying otherwise....well lets not get into that again

Murpholini
03/04/2007, 7:57 PM
another one for the steve archibald project:)

kdjaC
03/04/2007, 8:00 PM
Brum would pay his wages, i wouldnt be surpried if Bohs were in top 2 if Connor got him.

kdjac

SligoBrewer
03/04/2007, 8:08 PM
Its not gonna happen as there is no link...

sligoman
03/04/2007, 9:21 PM
Isn't it Bruce who's on good terms with Sean Connor?Sean Connor says a lot of things. Here's a pinch of salt for you...