PDA

View Full Version : Heuston Station?

sligoman
02/04/2007, 11:14 PM
Question for those in Dublin...is their parking available at Heuston Station? I'm thinking of parking there for trip to Dalymount on Friday. Also, anyone know how much a taxi should cost(roughly) from Dalymount Park(Phibsboro) to Heuston Station on a Friday night?

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 11:17 PM
There is a car park there, which you have to pay to use.

It isn't that far from Dalymount so I'd say €10 at the very most.

sligoman
02/04/2007, 11:23 PM
There is a car park there, which you have to pay to use.

It isn't that far from Dalymount so I'd say €10 at the very most.Car park open late like? Cost much?

OneRedArmy
02/04/2007, 11:26 PM
Car park open late like? Cost much?Shuts at 11pm sharp IIRC.

Reasonably cheap by Dublin standards, 3 Euro per hour or so?

Best private carpark for Dalyer is the multi-story by the cinema on Parnell St. Quick 10 min walk up to the ground and open 24 hours.

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 11:32 PM
Car park open late like? Cost much?
I'd imagine it would be open a bit after the last trains arrive so it would close at midnight at the earliest.

I don't remember it costing anything more than a normal car park in Dublin, which is around €2.50 per hour.

sligoman
02/04/2007, 11:36 PM
Reasonably cheap by Dublin standards, 3 Euro per hour or so?
€2.50 per hour.****, that rules that out then cos was hoping to park there all day. Would work out too expensive then. Do you have to pay to park at Liffey Valley Centre? or would car be safe to park around Dalymount?

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 11:41 PM
Do you have to pay to park at Liffey Valley Centre? or would car be safe to park around Dalymount?
No need to pay in Liffey Valley.

I'd say you would be ok parking on St. Peter's Road, which is the road Dalymount is on. Just maybe wait 10 minutes after full time just to be sure.

sligoman
02/04/2007, 11:48 PM
I'd say you would be ok parking on St. Peter's Road, which is the road Dalymount is on. Just maybe wait 10 minutes after full time just to be sure.I'm looking at images of it on Google earth, is that the big long road leading up to it?

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 11:50 PM
I'm looking at images of it on Google earth, is that the big long road leading up to it?
No, it's the short connecting road right beside it to the left. If you use google maps you will see it named.

sligoman
02/04/2007, 11:56 PM
No, it's the short connecting road right beside it to the left. If you use google maps you will see it named.Want to avoid driving around Dublin city centre if at all possible as I'm only a learner driver so, how much would a taxi be from Dalyer to Liffey Valley? or even is their parking in Phoenix park?

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2007, 12:05 AM
how much would a taxi be from Dalyer to Liffey Valley? or even is their parking in Phoenix park?
Taxi could cost you €20 roughly at a guess.

There's parking in Phoenix Park but the car park could close atg the same time as the park, which would be in the evening.

sligoman
03/04/2007, 12:08 AM
Taxi could cost you €20 roughly at a guess.

There's parking in Phoenix Park but the car park could close atg the same time as the park, which would be in the evening.You can't park along the road side at all?:o

DmanDmythDledge
03/04/2007, 12:14 AM
You can't park along the road side at all?:o
Don't have a clue on that one.

One option you could do is park at the luas stop at the Red Cow roundabout, get the luas and get off at Jervis. From there a 15/20 minute walk to the ground.

Block G Raptor
03/04/2007, 10:52 AM
Park at the phibsboro shopping center right behind the tramway end

Macy
03/04/2007, 11:20 AM
Ah come on Sligoman, you'll drive the whole way from Sligo but won't drive a couple of miles across the city?

If you're going to park up, have you looked at the Arrow to and from Maynooth. No idea on the parking situation there, but it'd be on the N4 and would get you as far as Drumcondra or Connolly...

Dodge
03/04/2007, 11:25 AM
Liffey Valley is miles from Dalymount. Looking at least €30 for taxi. (or 78a into town and then one of the buses into Phibsboro)

Far better to park somewhere closer to the ground. If you're coming up for the day I'd park in Phibsboro shopping centre

sonofstan
03/04/2007, 11:49 AM
If you can get as far as heuston, you can get to Dalymount - Coming in the N4, swing left around the station, cross the bridge keep left, then into the right hand filter, right up Infirmary Rd. up to the top where you'll see the gates of the park on your left, turn right onto the North Circular Road and continue straight (for about 1.5 miles) until you see the floodlights of Dalymount into your left. There's parking in the shopping centre which is free, Peter's Road (pay parking until 6.30, then free), or in any number of side roads, mostly free. Traffic is heavy in Phibsboro' at rush hour, but less so this week with no schools.

pete
03/04/2007, 11:55 AM
Far better to park somewhere closer to the ground. If you're coming up for the day I'd park in Phibsboro shopping centre

There should be no problems parking close to the ground. Just take usual precautions like not leaving stuff in plain sight for thieves. I wouldn't think twice about parking near the ground as its as safe as anywhere in Dublin.

Bluebeard
04/04/2007, 8:28 AM
The Phoenix Park used to be open late for traffic (both motorised and, ehm, male). If you can park across from the Guards (dunno if you still can), you are near the North Circular entrance, and only a 20 minute walk from Dalyer.

I presume that 20 minutes walking should get the last of the Connor inspired invective out of the system, making the N4 a safer road to drive on on that night than might otherwise be the case;)

SRFC Head
04/04/2007, 10:17 AM
Learner Driver I hope your not going to use the M4 to get up to dublin !!! only joking

I'd park up around Daly somewhere sonofstan is spot on.

sonofstan
06/04/2007, 2:28 PM
Probably too late for Sligoman - even now on his white knuckle ride through the metrolops - but its like a sunday around here; no traffic, no problems finding a parking place. When did Good Friday become a holiday?