PDA

View Full Version : optimistic

thecorner
18/01/2003, 10:57 AM
one game to go and i reckon if we get a result against u.c.d. that longford are well capable of doing us a favour. i said when there was 3 games that we would only get 3 more points and we will get them next week. at best i can see rovers getting a draw

C'MON LONGFORD
CITY IN INTERTOTO NEXT SEASON

kempes
18/01/2003, 11:11 AM
UCD are one of your main bogeys teams and have been very tight at the back recently with Ryan and Delaney in flying form. I wouldnt be that surprised to see the students get a draw or a win in Cork.

We have had a good record in Richmond, so far this season its

Pats won 2-1 twice
Cork City won 4-1 ;-)
Derry won 3-1
Bray won 3-1
Shels lost 1-0
UCD lost 1-0

Other 2 games vs the Longford this season have been lost 1-0 in Tolka, drew 0-0 in the Flansiro.

Since they've got promoted

we've lost twice (1-0,2-1)
we've drew twice (0-0,0-0)
we've beat them 5 times (3-2,6-1,5-1,2-1,2-0)

Its in our hands now ... but Longford wont be easy for us, niether will UCD be for you lot.

Will be an interesting Sunday next Sunday, cant wait myself ...

;-)

koh

Kempes

Neil
18/01/2003, 11:13 AM
In a strange sort of way the last minute goal didn't really matter (ie. losing served the same use as getting a draw, I think!)

Whether we got a draw or lost we still need Rovers to draw against LT and for City to beat UCD.

But the bottom line is that City do not deserve to get Europe. Liam Murphy HAS to go either way. He can't keep trotting out the "I can't explain our away form" line.

Rico IN.

Éanna
18/01/2003, 11:22 AM
exactly. I mean rovers play every game away from home :eek: :)and they´re ahead of us on merit IMO.

SSS
18/01/2003, 2:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neil
[B]In a strange sort of way the last minute goal didn't really matter (ie. losing served the same use as getting a draw, I think!)

Almost true.
However, City now HAVE to win.
If last night had been a draw, a City draw against UCD ( not out of the question) would have been enough next week if Rovers lost to Longford. Now if Rovers lose City still have to win.

Éanna
18/01/2003, 2:23 PM
I reckon UCD are going to give gunther an appropriate send-off- i.e. we´ll play crap and lose our great home record :(

Schumi
20/01/2003, 4:05 PM
You can't go the whole season unbeaten at home, you have to fúck up some time and Bazza hasn't conceded a goal since the end of November.

Hmm, can I jinx us anymore?

thecorner
20/01/2003, 6:08 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
You can't go the whole season unbeaten at home, you have to fúck up some time and Bazza hasn't conceded a goal since the end of November.

Hmm, can I jinx us anymore?

that is one of the most stupid statements i have ever seen. of course u can go the season unbeaten at home. hopefully u will be eating your words on sunday

Troy.McClure
20/01/2003, 7:15 PM
Wheres that Conor? In the Institute of Technology Tralee (but definitly not TIT)?

:mad: :eek:

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
one game to go and i reckon if we get a result against u.c.d. that longford are well capable of doing us a favour. i said when there was 3 games that we would only get 3 more points and we will get them next week. at best i can see rovers getting a draw

Jesus, you ARE optimistic. I reckon it's a draw at best for City against our main bogey team. Even if it's three points, I reckon Rovers will do a number on Longford.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
28/01/2003, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
that is one of the most stupid statements i have ever seen. of course u can go the season unbeaten at home. Not this year:D

@ndy
29/01/2003, 9:51 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Cork DIT

Cork DIT...bit of foot in mouth goin on there mate...