PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines...

daithi
02/04/2007, 8:51 PM
Going to New York for a weekend at the end of June and can get flights from Shannon with Delta for 370 compared to Air Lingus for 630.
Has anyone ever travelled with Delta? What are they like? How bad can it be? Or in other words is it worth an extra 260 to fly with Air Lingus?

Monkfish
02/04/2007, 9:52 PM
Going to New York for a weekend at the end of June and can get flights from Shannon with Delta for 370 compared to Air Lingus for 630.
Has anyone ever travelled with Delta? What are they like? How bad can it be? Or in other words is it worth an extra 260 to fly with Air Lingus?

Dont know about transatlantic flights but i went from Boston to Washington DC with them once and was impressed with their leather seats! that was back in 1999 so things may have changed?

OneRedArmy
02/04/2007, 10:59 PM
No question its not worth flying Aer Lingus for that price difference.

The stewardesses on American carriers are all rude trolls compared with Aer Lingus, Virgin and many of the European carriers, as they promote to int'l in the US based on experience rather than looks.

But at the end of the day you're on a tin tube 2 miles up in the sky, its 300 odd extra Euro to spend when you're there. Also, Aer Lingus has gone backwards at a rate of knots over the past couple of years.

Paddyfield
12/04/2007, 9:14 PM
I travelled with Delta all the way on a marathon trip around the USA in 2001.
Shannon/NY/LA/Hawaii (in just under 24 hours!!!!) for ten days followed by Hawaii/LA/Vegas for a week and then Vegas/Atlanta/Shannon.

I couldn't fault Delta. Many of the steward/esses were 35+ and were very pleasant. The movies were good and the grub was, er , better than Aer Lingus. Every flight was on time. Note that many of Delta's Shannon to NY flights go to Dublin first

Join the Delta frequent flyer club on www.delta.com; when you flash your Delta card, you can jump the queue although this may not be the case since 9/11 (or 11/9 as I prefer to call it).