PDA

View Full Version : eL "Truth in Journalism" award

Dr.Nightdub
18/01/2003, 1:42 AM
Fair dues to (a) whatever mad ******* sent the following player profiles up from Cork for inclusion in tonight's Pats-Cork programme and (b) to whatever mad ******* in Pats decided to print them. These are direct quotes from the programme, honest...

"Gareth Cronin - Gaz is spending his second spell at City after three years at Shamrock Rovers. As Gunther is tactically retarded he leaves Gaz out every time and plays Declan Daly. We will never know why."

"Declan Daly - One of the legends of Cork City but has well passed his sell by date, should have hung up his boots last season. It's a shame the crowd has turned on this hero."

"Alan Bennett - Alan was a part of the five players that Gunther has promoted from the youth squad, reliable player can get to be a class act. Although is remembered for his fifty-yard own goal against Shamrock Rovers this year."

I take back anything I may have said in the past - EVER - about Cork people's inability to laugh at themselves :)

PS Joe, if you're reading, I asked Brian Dalton (Pats' General Manager) about it in McDowells after the match but all he knew was that they were sent up from "some website in Cork".

kempes
18/01/2003, 9:02 AM
"Gareth Cronin - Gaz is spending his second spell at City after three years at Shamrock Rovers. As Gunther is tactically retarded he leaves Gaz out every time and plays Declan Daly. We will never know why."

Jeez H Christ, I cant believe Pats printed this in an official programme!!!

I wonder what pityfull excuse Dolan will trot out this time?

I reckon Murphy would have an open and shut deformation case against Pats one this one!

koh

Kempes

patsh
18/01/2003, 9:32 AM
Originally posted by kempes
I wonder what pityfull excuse Dolan will trot out this time?

I reckon Murphy would have an open and shut deformation case against Pats one this one!

koh

Kempes
And not just Pats.....I'd be fairly worried if I were you, Scotty, if anyone decides to go further with this..........:eek:

joe
18/01/2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub

PS Joe, if you're reading, I asked Brian Dalton (Pats' General Manager) about it in McDowells after the match but all he knew was that they were sent up from "some website in Cork".

Thanks Doc, it looks like we've found the culprit anyway!

Éanna
18/01/2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by kempes
I reckon Murphy would have an open and shut deformation case against Pats one this one! You can´t sue someone for telling the truth! :D
Seriously though, not a good idea to be putting these kinda things in a programme- dolan has already been squabbling with other clubs in the star, we don´t need any continuation of it :rolleyes:

Gary
18/01/2003, 4:34 PM
Did ye see the echo tonight. Apparently thete is an official apology winging its way down here.

Also it takes apart the whole pic as well criticising spelling etc.

Éanna
19/01/2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by scottyshedender
well the spelling is center as opposed to centre, then he goes on to say

"How the this got through the editorial safety net at Richmond Park beats all"

Shot urself in the foot Spillage!:D
LMAO :D :D

thecorner
20/01/2003, 1:40 AM
LMAO
whats the point in apoligising

they only spoke the truth

hopefully gunther read it

pete
20/01/2003, 9:48 AM
However true Scottys comments still is pitiful behavious by St Pats & displays shocking level of unprofessionalism.

:rolleyes:

wws
20/01/2003, 9:54 AM
our business is football, so is yours, constantly loosing away from home shows a shocking level of unprofessionalism....****ing up a programme note shows that Pats have bigger things on their mind right now than writing a homage to Liam Murphy and his boys

storm in a teacup

I just wish the programme was always that interesting to read!

Éanna
20/01/2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by wws
our business is football, so is yours, constantly loosing away from home shows a shocking level of unprofessionalism....****ing up a programme note shows that Pats have bigger things on their mind right now than writing a homage to Liam Murphy and his boys
thats a fairly ridiculous comment. no-one was asking for a homage, just respect. pats have lost themselves enough friends this last year or so without making things worse.

niamh
20/01/2003, 10:25 AM
was pretty funny to read at the time.
how did they not read it before it went to print it though?

Schumi
20/01/2003, 5:09 PM
That brilliant. I always wondered how thoroughly clubs read the player profiles.

Pablo
20/01/2003, 6:34 PM
thats so funny. its all down to pats and their wonderfull office staff though.
Scotty is entitled to his opinion and to be fair its the majority opinion

Counting Crow
20/01/2003, 7:22 PM
The latest from the grapevine is that the entire City Team - bar Gaz, Gunther and Deccie - are to sue Pat's for deformation of character as, with the exception of the profiles of the above, every other profile was completely untrue, unfounded and slanderous.

What sort of organisation do they have in Richmond Park to print the now famous player profiles on the above?

WE should all send our own versions / profiles up to them next season - can you imagine the state of the programme - it would probably be about 300 pages thick for a start - as they have obviously no screening/ editing process.

I would plead to all Pat's fans who read this, to let me know how I could get my hands on a programme - it is going to be a collectors item, and as one who collects programmes I don't want to miss out on this one ...... please let me know how to get one.

thecorner
21/01/2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
The latest from the grapevine is that the entire City Team - bar Gaz, Gunther and Deccie - are to sue Pat's for deformation of character as, with the exception of the profiles of the above, every other profile was completely untrue, unfounded and slanderous.

BRILLIANT:D :D :D :D :D :D

wws
21/01/2003, 8:08 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
thats a fairly ridiculous comment. no-one was asking for a homage, just respect. pats have lost themselves enough friends this last year or so without making things worse.

my point was with a relegation crisis facing pats for the first time in the clubs history everybody was a bit more preoccupied with other concerns and the programme has been formulaic and just a "template" one for years now nobody not even pats fans take it seriously

Dodge
21/01/2003, 9:14 AM
oh and by the way we weren't happy when last year Our official team name in the Cork programme was down as Dublin Saints (which it never was)

Pats messed up but its not that serious lads. And to the guy who wrote it who's thinking of sueing, cop on! You wrote it and now you're thinking of suing somebody for publishing your opinions

Dodge
21/01/2003, 11:13 AM
tought you did, must've picked it up wrong..Sorry

fonzi
21/01/2003, 11:28 AM
very funny though.
whilst embarrising for pats, i wonder what people said when they opened the program hoping the dubs made a half decent pen pis for the lads and
hey! presto a very frank low down on some of em.
what was said about the rest of the team?

fosterdollar
21/01/2003, 11:56 AM
dont know whats wrong with the phrase "tactically retarded". what exactly is the offensive part of it. it is a clear description of a person's tactical abilities. :confused:

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by scottyshedender
Not the work of forzacity .com I swear...

That's what they all say, Scotty!:)
Seriously, it might be the truth AND we might all know it's the truth but, you can't go printing stuff like that. Pat's should have known better anyway.

Murphy Out Now!!!