PDA

View Full Version : destiny back in our own hands

thecorner
17/01/2003, 2:33 AM
well after the derry lads managed a draw with rovers tonite the ball is in our court again for the inter to-to
question is have we got the bottle
really cant see us getting much of pats but the lads know if they do the job european footie should b here next season

big:D for derry

dalo
17/01/2003, 8:12 AM
unlike our supporters who travel to support their team play i don't think a lot of the team have the stomach for it anymore (deadwoods, george,carey, bennett, daly, grady ). we won't beat pat's either i am sad to say. (won't it be great if they did drop).

next season worries me - we will lose flynn and be playing 36 ganmes next year. gunther will still be at it and the club will be no nearer to getting sorted that it was 2 years ago.

at this stage we will finish 4th. even if we did manage third it would be a hollow "victory"

pete
17/01/2003, 9:43 AM
Well if we can't win our next 2 games we really don't deserve even the toto cup.

Johnny
17/01/2003, 10:04 AM
Bennett is hardly deadwood.
We really needed Derry to win last night as the best we'll get tonight will be a point, maintaining the status quo. Defeat would leave Pats in serious trouble though. Either way it'll come down to the last game.

shedboy
17/01/2003, 10:26 AM
Bennet ain't deadwood but it's a disgrace to see him centre mid and Greg rb. The only way i see us beating Pats is by Murphy's law after one away win all year, surely everyone will win two no matter how bad they play.

Hecko
17/01/2003, 10:35 AM
I agree on the Murphy's law bit - we have to win in Richmond sometime but it is hard to see how we could be as motivated as Pats tonight. The bookies only have us at 2/1, I'd reckon more like 4s given our form.
Should be interesting though, if we go one up expect a fairly spicy atmosphere down there, especially if some of us can't resist staring a blast of "Down with the Wanderers, You're going down with the Wanderers":p
Drogs are 7/2 to beat Shels - If i was a $hels fan I wouln't be too upset about doing Drogs a favour tonight...

yan
17/01/2003, 11:03 AM
NOTHING BUT A WIN WILL DO TONIGHT, WE ALL KNOW IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN-JUST LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS VISITS TO RICHMOND PARK-TWO 4-1 DEFEATS NEVER MIND SAYING WE WERE ROBBED OF THE LEAGUE UP THERE A FEW YEARS AGO

ALL SEASON WE WISHED FOR AN AWAY VICTORY, SO TONIGHTS GAME IS THE LAST OF A DISMAL SEASON AWAY FROM TURNERS X, WE CAN HOPE OR EVEN PRAY FOR A VICTORY BUT WITH MURPHY'S TACTICAL KNOWLEDGE IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN-I MEAN DONT GET ME WRONG I REALLY WANT US TO WIN BUT WE NEVER GET ANYTHING UP THERE AT RICHMOND'S STADIUM OF ****E

patsh
17/01/2003, 11:47 AM
Third time lucky, maybe ??
Any straw I find, I'm clutching on to it!!;)

Johnny
17/01/2003, 11:49 AM
Our record at the Stadium of ****e over the past 10 years is awful, something like two wins.

paudie
17/01/2003, 12:23 PM
Its the same position as last mondays game. The team that wants it more will win.

Pats are playing Drogheda next week so if they lose and Drogheda win tonight they're in big trouble.

One good point is that City have to go for the win as a point will leave Rovers still ahead.

So lads just go out and try to win the bloody game!!!
I don't mind the despair. It's the hope I can't stand

James
17/01/2003, 12:28 PM
predict 2-1 city
am in unusually positive mood this morning

oflynn & woods to send city into europe :)

pete
17/01/2003, 1:42 PM
City were really fighting last monday so hopefully they can continue that tonight. Only for giving a goal away in the first few minutes they probbaly would not have lost.

A win tonight would have the combined affect of ridding us of the away day & Richmond Park jinx.

Schumi
17/01/2003, 1:48 PM
And with a bit of luck rid the rest of us of Richmand Park.

niamh
17/01/2003, 4:06 PM
Now that would be sweet. No more visits to Richmond Park.

Dodge
17/01/2003, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by yan
NEVER MIND SAYING WE WERE ROBBED OF THE LEAGUE UP THERE A FEW YEARS AGO

How did you figure that one? We played ye 3 times, beat you fairly 3 times and you were robbed of the league?! hardly

I would have thought you had more important things to moan about, like the fact that if you didn't have disgraceful away form, you'd have won the league this year...

SÓC
17/01/2003, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
How did you figure that one? We played ye 3 times, beat you fairly 3 times and you were robbed of the league?! hardly

I would have thought you had more important things to moan about, like the fact that if you didn't have disgraceful away form, you'd have won the league this year...

Ohh dear open a can of worms why dont you?

Dick O'Hanlon, blind ref thats why Pats won the league.

Éanna
18/01/2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
more fun to blame all our problmes on de dirty dubs though :)