fc hammer
30/03/2007, 11:07 PM
A visit to the barbers would'nt do him any harm. :D

new blue
30/03/2007, 11:32 PM
You'll be shorn on Sunday!!

A face
30/03/2007, 11:42 PM
When is the repeat of it? or is it online anywhere?

Lim till i die
31/03/2007, 1:03 AM
Thought he came across well. Seems to be a genuinely decent guy

paudie
31/03/2007, 1:04 AM
Heard him a few month ago on the Last Word on Today FM talking about the right way to run apartment developments and came across very well.

Did he mention Wexford Youths Fc on the Late Late?

Billy Lord
31/03/2007, 1:27 AM
Interviewed him years ago for In Dublin magazine and thought he was spot on. Loves Italian football and sees the influence of their approach as a key to the future prosperity of Irish football so he's ace in my eye.
Forza calcio Italiano!

superfrank
31/03/2007, 10:13 AM
I didn't catch the whole thing but from what I saw they talked about Wexford Youths for about a minute.

He's not how you'd imagine a millionaire looks.

el punter
31/03/2007, 12:34 PM
He's a proverbial breath of fresh air and was treated as something of a novelty by Pat Kenny. He briefly talked about Wexford Youths though more in the context of his philosophies about the importance of communities and local social resources rather than in a football sense.

Watch how the media works: over the next few months we'll see Wallace get a lot of airtime and he'll be built up as a straight-talking-man-of-the-people-doing-it-his-own-way type hero....then the fcukers will turn on him, probably on Fianna Fail's say so when he gets too popular.

galwayhoop
31/03/2007, 2:49 PM
When is the repeat of it? or is it online anywhere?

i think there is a repeat of the late late on at about 11 or 12 on monday night

Tazskool
31/03/2007, 8:20 PM
If there is a repeat can someone record it for me please!!!! Or stick it on youtbue :)

finnpark
31/03/2007, 9:08 PM
If there is a repeat can someone record it for me please!!!! Or stick it on youtbue :)

Its not worth watching. Pat Kenny kept trying to initiate the disscussuion about Wexford Youths but he kept moving away from it. He didnt try to give it any press at all which was surprising and dissappointing.

brokenstar
31/03/2007, 10:27 PM
He's a proverbial breath of fresh air and was treated as something of a novelty by Pat Kenny. He briefly talked about Wexford Youths though more in the context of his philosophies about the importance of communities and local social resources rather than in a football sense.

Watch how the media works: over the next few months we'll see Wallace get a lot of airtime and he'll be built up as a straight-talking-man-of-the-people-doing-it-his-own-way type hero....then the fcukers will turn on him, probably on Fianna Fail's say so when he gets too popular.

took the words right out of my mouth

Philly
31/03/2007, 11:05 PM
It seemed to me he found Youths embarrassing or something. Kenny's researchers had obviously looked into the club and all, but Wallace didn;t want to go there.

The highlights are all archived on RTEs excellent site. The show will be online here (http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/index.html) in the next day or two.

brokenstar
01/04/2007, 12:01 AM
Didn't get that impression at all. Seemed to me, that Mick had bigger fish to fry. And given the time slot he was given, The Late Late producers were obviously hoping for something controversial to be said. We have to remember that the agenda for this appearance was nothing to do with Wexford Youths. It was about social and political issues, something that Mick is very passionate about.

bad mongo
01/04/2007, 12:33 AM
Didn't see him yakkin with the plank but he is the very epitome of a 'decent skin' . Good luck to him.

Comic Book Guy
01/04/2007, 10:03 AM
El punter is dead right about the media aspect, the establishment will build him up and then go all out to knock him.
I got to meet him some time back and have to say that he seems like a nice guy. I noticed that the hoarding outside one of his developments near Croke park has anti-war stuff written on it. He is obviously an intense man and I wish there were more people like him in the upper echelons of Irish society.