PDA

View Full Version : Families Initiative for THE Dublin Derby - Well done to Bohs and Rovers

Réiteoir
29/03/2007, 10:19 PM
Bohemians Give Biggest Dublin Derby Back to Families

Joint initiative with Shamrock Rovers To Bring Kids For Free

Bohemian Football Club today announced an initiative to welcome families to the eircom leagues biggest and best Dublin derby. Paying adults can bring up to three Children free of charge to the Bohemians V Shamrock Rovers fixture at Dalymount Park on Tuesday 3rd April.

Club Public Relations Director, Denis Maher said, “we have got together with Shamrock Rovers and extended our “Kids Go Free” initiative to include both home and away fans”. “Both Clubs are determined to make the oldest Dublin derby an occasion for families to enjoy. The clear message from both clubs is that we are in this together and on behalf of real fans”, he added

Bohemians fans can avail of the free tickets for the Des Kelly Stand while Rovers fans will be accommodated in the Connaught Street Stand. The initiative, spearheaded by Club Promotion Officers Gerri O’Neill for Bohs and Barry Dolan for Rovers, is the first time that the ongoing Bohs free ticket promotion has been extended to away fans. Gerri O Neill said, “I want to thank Barry for his co-operation and for agreeing that Rovers will distribute the “Kids Go Free” vouchers to their fans through their club. In addition, breaking with a tradition normally reserved for home teams both clubs will be led onto the field by young mascots.”

The reputation of he fixture has been somewhat tarnished in recent years due to the behaviour of a minority of so-called fans. Both Clubs are taking positive action to reclaim the Dublin derby for families and are encouraging fans on both sides to avail of the free offer. “We are working together on this one, but from 7.45 on Tuesday we will be back to real football rivalry for a game that stands out every year in the fixture list. That historic and sporting rivalry makes the Derby special - a game that belongs to the real fans”, said Rovers CPO Barry Dolan.

Well done to both clubs for doing this - a step in the right direction

monzo
29/03/2007, 10:33 PM
Is the game going to be televised?

cheifo
29/03/2007, 11:18 PM
Great idea,hope this goes well.

Risteard
29/03/2007, 11:23 PM
Good idea to round up the troops I suppose.
Some of those 14 year olds can pack a punch.

Only messing, great idea.

holidaysong
29/03/2007, 11:57 PM
Never been to a Bohs-Rovers game before, might give it a go.

harpskid
30/03/2007, 8:47 AM
Is the game going to be televised?

It's on a Tuesday night when there's Champions League on - of course it won't be televised!

BohsPartisan
30/03/2007, 8:50 AM
GAA conspiracy.

shelbourne1904
30/03/2007, 8:51 AM
"the oldest Dublin derby"

This is not the oldest Dublin derby.Shels and Bohs is.

BohsPartisan
30/03/2007, 12:14 PM
"the oldest Dublin derby"

This is not the oldest Dublin derby.Shels and Bohs is.

Maybe they're only counting Premier League teams?

Student Mullet
30/03/2007, 2:19 PM
Maybe they're only counting Premier League teams?Then it's UCD - Bohs. Shams are blow ins from the 1920s or something.

NY Hoop
30/03/2007, 2:37 PM
Then it's UCD - Bohs. Shams are blow ins from the 1920s or something.

Get the name right there DCU.

Great initiative but you wont see in the herag. They're still focusing on trouble that happened a few miles from tolka 7 months ago:rolleyes:

How about adding a bit of colour to the ground and divide the shopping centre terrace in 2 for flags with stewards down the middle? Looks crap on tv just empty terracing.

KOH

Buller
30/03/2007, 2:44 PM
Maybe they're only counting Premier League teams?

:D stop it, thats a bit mean now!
Never laugh at other clubs plights...:rolleyes:

passinginterest
30/03/2007, 2:44 PM
Great initiative but you wont see in the herag. They're still focusing on trouble that happened a few miles from tolka 7 months ago:rolleyes:

KOH

Out of curioity are Rovers paying the Herald for the adds they are running at the moment on the back page?
They had a really good bottom of the back page banner add yesterday advertising the match tonight.
This advertising space obviously doesn't come cheap, and considering the issues Rovers have with the Herald I'm wondering are they contributing to the Herald's coffers or are the advertisements there by way of compensation?

monzo
30/03/2007, 4:16 PM
It's on a Tuesday night when there's Champions League on - of course it won't be televised!

Oh, I had forgotten about the Champions League. :o

To be honest - and I'm probably on my own in saying this - I'd much prefer to watch the Bohs - Rovers game than anything the CL has to offer.

Paddyfield
30/03/2007, 4:19 PM

To be honest - and I'm probably on my own in saying this - I'd much prefer to watch the Bohs - Rovers game than anything the CL has to offer.

Me too.

dcfcsteve
30/03/2007, 5:46 PM
Good initiative form both clubs, and great to see it.

Shame it's not on the box. Feck the Chumpions League....

reder
31/03/2007, 4:16 PM

lol, yeah AC Milan v Bayern what a pile of sh1te thats going to be. 2 insignificant clubs in world football unlike Rovers v Bohs who are known for, erm ..., oh yeah their teeny hoolies. Oh course PSV v Liverpool is just like Shels v Kildare County.

And you people wonder why irish people dont take the EL seriously! :rolleyes:

Tis-smeee
31/03/2007, 4:23 PM
Running battles , and a match should be great value

BohsPartisan
31/03/2007, 4:25 PM
And you people wonder why irish people dont take the EL seriously! :rolleyes:

Who cares what the barstooler morons think. I certainly don't. Passed caring. Why should we take anyone seriously who would rather watch foreign teams in a pub that go to watch live football?

Soper
31/03/2007, 4:25 PM
reder, I think the point being made is that Irish television should broadcast probably the biggest derby in Ireland, rather than foreign teams.

The Sheliban
31/03/2007, 4:30 PM
And of course, just because they are two of the biggest clubs in Europe doesn't mean the match is going to be any good.

reder
31/03/2007, 4:34 PM
reder, I think the point being made is that Irish television should broadcast probably the biggest derby in Ireland, rather than foreign teams.

No I agree they should, totally, thanks to ****** irish bandwagon fans, I have missed my first home game of the season cos they (day trippers to anfield and probably OT from ireland) have sent the flights over €200 for day one which is too expensive for me as I go week in week out. I would give you everyone of them now!

My comments were aimed at silly (in my opinion) nature of the comment which basically evaluates the like of Bayern v Milan as a nothing fixture with nothing players. Anyone who is a football fan can sure appretiate the quality of footballers such as Kaka.

reder
31/03/2007, 4:36 PM
And of course, just because they are two of the biggest clubs in Europe doesn't mean the match is going to be any good.

And of course, just because they are two of the biggest clubs in Dublin doesn't mean the match is going to be any good.

Buller
31/03/2007, 6:45 PM
And of course, just because they are two of the biggest clubs in Dublin doesn't mean the match is going to be any good.

They normally are good matches though....
The last three have been very entertaining anyway:

2005: 3-1 in dalymount, we were 1-0 down at halftime and came back to win it

2006: 1-1 tolka, penalties, cards and a great atmosphere

2006: 2-0 dalymount, great goals, scully getting sent to the stand, barry murphy's penalty save against farrelly which cost him his job.....

DmanDmythDledge
31/03/2007, 8:05 PM
In fairness nobody can be blamed in thinking that would be the better match...

BohsPartisan
31/03/2007, 10:26 PM
They normally are good matches though....
The last three have been very entertaining anyway:

2005: 3-1 in dalymount, we were 1-0 down at halftime and came back to win it

2006: 1-1 tolka, penalties, cards and a great atmosphere

2006: 2-0 dalymount, great goals, scully getting sent to the stand, barry murphy's penalty save against farrelly which cost him his job.....

2001: 6-4 at Santry. 4-1 down at half time. The kickstart to our league winning campaign. :p

Leejo
31/03/2007, 11:05 PM
2001: 6-4 at Santry. 4-1 down at half time. The kickstart to our league winning campaign. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5S4KorpE0 ;)

GavinZac
01/04/2007, 7:12 AM
My comments were aimed at silly (in my opinion) nature of the comment which basically evaluates the like of Bayern v Milan as a nothing fixture with nothing players. Anyone who is a football fan can sure appretiate the quality of footballers such as Kaka.

how is "To be honest - and I'm probably on my own in saying this - I'd much prefer to watch the Bohs - Rovers game than anything the CL has to offer." calling it a nothing fixture? its one guys opinion that he hasnt any interest in it. i don't either, i presume there will be some good football on display and possibly a few goals - but that guy, and me, don't really care, if its the-one-match-no-football-fan-should-ever-miss im sure i'll see it again some time. as a fan of eircom league football, bohs v rovers is interesting both as a spectacle and for the impact it will have on my own team. blowing on about liverpool and kilkenny city is irrelevant.

monzo
01/04/2007, 2:44 PM
I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of what I said, reder. Rather simply, my interest in the LoI is far greater than that of the CL so possibly the biggest game in the domestic calendar appeals to me more than whatever Championship League game is on.

I can appreciate the quailty of Kaka and the like sure, but I'd much rather appreciate players like Fergal Harkin, JP Kelly and Owen Heary.

Cabs88
01/04/2007, 3:15 PM
its nothing to do with the champions league like everything to do with soccer in this country, it all stems back to the incompetence and lack of foresight by the fai. I mean they had to re-arrange the biggest league game of the season to avoid the threat of Welsh hooligans at the match, but they knew months before the match, before the fixtures were released, that threat was there, but did nothin about it, except put it on midweek, during the resumption of the champions league, with not a television camera in sight, the morning after the bohs-rovers game, barring controversy or trouble at the match, the papers will only have brief reports of the match. "we care about Irish football"....bull****

Block G Raptor
02/04/2007, 12:41 PM
Don't know if its a good idea encourageing families to this game. I bring my lot to dalymount as often as i can but would'nt dream of brining them to this
It's hard enough getting myself out of dalymount in one piece without trying to look after a 4,5 and 7 yr old aswell

NY Hoop
02/04/2007, 1:38 PM
its nothing to do with the champions league like everything to do with soccer in this country, it all stems back to the incompetence and lack of foresight by the fai. I mean they had to re-arrange the biggest league game of the season to avoid the threat of Welsh hooligans at the match, but they knew months before the match, before the fixtures were released, that threat was there, but did nothin about it, except put it on midweek, during the resumption of the champions league, with not a television camera in sight, the morning after the bohs-rovers game, barring controversy or trouble at the match, the papers will only have brief reports of the match. "we care about Irish football"....bull****

Spot on. How they came up with this date defies belief. There will be about half the crowd they would have got if they had played it when it should have been played.

Still cant understand how our game in Bray this friday wasnt swapped with the original date. The authorities are doing their best to kill this fixture.

KOH

pete
02/04/2007, 1:57 PM
How about adding a bit of colour to the ground and divide the shopping centre terrace in 2 for flags with stewards down the middle?

Its bad when the flags need to separated by stewards to prevent trouble.

:D

BohsFans
02/04/2007, 5:42 PM
RTE news in a couple of mins. hooligans targeted! :eek:

Raheny Red
03/04/2007, 12:06 PM
Can you pay in at the turnstiles this evening:confused:

BohDiddley
03/04/2007, 12:27 PM
Don't know if its a good idea encourageing families to this game. I bring my lot to dalymount as often as i can but would'nt dream of brining them to this
It's hard enough getting myself out of dalymount in one piece without trying to look after a 4,5 and 7 yr old aswell
With respect, that's a load of rubbish. The whole point of the promotion is to let people bring kids. If you can't bring your kids to a Bohs-Rovers derby then you should go and follow rugby.

dfx-
03/04/2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5S4KorpE0 ;)

won't load on my computer for *some* reason.. ;)

Block G Raptor
03/04/2007, 12:32 PM
Fair enough the whole promotion idea is good. but all it will take tonight is one family to get caught up in the ievitable shenanigans of the Scum element at doyles corner or wherever they meet up, and the herald et al will have a field day. I think the hoolie element needs to be erradicated before the clubs market this game as child/family friendly.

Erstwhile Bóz
03/04/2007, 1:05 PM
I think the Herald needs to be eradicated first; they've no interest in a child- and family-friendly derby.

(I'm heading along to-night for the first time in ages. Can't wait.)

Carlin
03/04/2007, 1:26 PM
Can you pay in at the turnstiles this evening:confused:

Yeah you can.