PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Going Up

mickdlk
29/03/2007, 8:01 PM
The FAI cant stop us now, ha ha ha. Give us 2 years and we will be Preem champions, best support in Ireland, best manager in Ireland and best forward in Ireland SIR PHILLY=GOD

Gaillimh Al
29/03/2007, 8:18 PM
5-1. Athlone finding it hard on the auld astro turf. Probably not tackling for fear of scraping knees..:) Fair play tho, that's a fine scoreline. Ye should win that league. Not that it's necessary of course. ;)

kdjaC
29/03/2007, 8:23 PM
The FAI cant stop us now, ha ha ha. Give us 2 years and we will be Preem champions, best support in Ireland, best manager in Ireland and best forward in Ireland SIR PHILLY=GOD

We may have another one for you next season, our ickle cutsie feeder club :D

kdjac

Philly
29/03/2007, 8:23 PM
Sir Philly = an excellent D1 Striker. Wouldn't take the Premier by storm though. Hence he has spent most of his career in D1.

Philly
29/03/2007, 8:24 PM

kdjac

You a Pats fan, yeah?

kdjaC
29/03/2007, 8:26 PM
You a Pats fan, yeah?

And a Dundalk fan , all our players end up there eventually :p

kdjac

pineapple stu
29/03/2007, 8:40 PM
6-2 result.

mickdlk
29/03/2007, 8:51 PM
Sir Philly = an excellent D1 Striker. Wouldn't take the Premier by storm though. Hence he has spent most of his career in D1.

Wait till next season, PHILLY TOP GOAL SCORER. ANYONE WANNA MAKE A BET??????????????/

finnpark
29/03/2007, 9:27 PM

If yur a fan why werent you at the match?

kdjaC
29/03/2007, 9:31 PM

His location may give it away Sherlock.

kdjac

BohsFans
29/03/2007, 9:57 PM
Wait till next season, PHILLY TOP GOAL SCORER. ANYONE WANNA MAKE A BET??????????????/

Fat Philly for top scorer! :D

sligoman
29/03/2007, 10:02 PM
The FAI cant stop us now, ha ha ha. Give us 2 years and we will be Preem champions, best support in Ireland, best manager in Ireland and best forward in Ireland SIR PHILLY=GODYou do realise Dundalk actually have their own section on this website?

mickdlk
29/03/2007, 10:49 PM

Im at uni in Liverpool. Hows d Harps doing this season, ha ha ha

We are the best supported club in Ireland

sligoman
29/03/2007, 10:50 PM
Im at uni in Liverpool. We are the best supported club in IrelandYou've been living in Liverpool too long if you think that.

Poor Student
29/03/2007, 10:52 PM

kdjac

If you supply the players for them then you're the feeder club.

holidaysong
29/03/2007, 11:05 PM

Indeed.

I must agree with the title of this thread. We wiped the floor with Athlone tonight.

"Are you watching FAI?"

Flawless
30/03/2007, 3:02 AM
Also agree with holidaysong here, it was a masterclass,i really can't see anyone beating us to the league!

carrickharp
30/03/2007, 7:35 AM
Ye are starting to remind me of of our neighbours who love going on about "we are the best supported club in Ireland" there is a long way to go this season so don't get carried away!

mickdlk
30/03/2007, 8:29 AM
Ye are starting to remind me of of our neighbours who love going on about "we are the best supported club in Ireland" there is a long way to go this season so don't get carried away!

Well Dundalk and Derry have the largest travelling support. 700 in Tolka, use had 10 in Dundalk the last time we played so....................

Philly
30/03/2007, 9:07 AM

Yeah so Pats are Dundalk's "parent club". Watch this space for a real deal between Pats and another club. :ball:

carrickharp
30/03/2007, 11:45 AM
Well Dundalk and Derry have the largest travelling support. 700 in Tolka, use had 10 in Dundalk the last time we played so....................

Wrong! We had over 100 there (spread out in the stand) not bad for a Thursday night (and the new shed looked like it had a cracking atmosphere!) Listen I have no gripe with Dundalk and never will just saying it is a long season and not to be getting carried away with yourselves as comments like those could come back to haunt ye. Hopefully ourselves and yourselves will go up at the end of the season!

peterc1992
30/03/2007, 12:11 PM
Yeh you will go up this year in top place,u have class forwards in hughes and flood.You outclassed us last night but dont get carried away,you wont be premier division champs next year and you dont have best fans in ireland.

mickdlk
30/03/2007, 12:21 PM
Yeh you will go up this year in top place,u have class forwards in hughes and flood.You outclassed us last night but dont get carried away,you wont be premier division champs next year and you dont have best fans in ireland.

I never said we would be prem champs next year, but in 2 or 3 years we will be champs. We have the best support, how many teams would bring 1,000+ to Waterford for a play off that did not matter, and how many teams had 700 at an away game in the league in the last 5 years, apart from Derry. We have more support away from home than most teams get playing at home

fbtn
30/03/2007, 12:45 PM
I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference. No doubt you are going well but we're not even a month into the new season yet.

You've won four games in a row. Even Stan has managed that with Ireland so give it a few months son.

stann
30/03/2007, 12:54 PM
I never said we would be prem champs next year, but in 2 or 3 years we will be champs. We have the best support, how many teams would bring 1,000+ to Waterford for a play off that did not matter, and how many teams had 700 at an away game in the league in the last 5 years, apart from Derry. We have more support away from home than most teams get playing at home

Nowhere near 1000 for that play-off game. A great travelling crowd no doubt, but not within an asses roar of it.
Oh, and Cork brought 700-800 to the RSC just three weeks ago, so there's one.
And no, you have more support away from home than 5 or 6 teams get playing at home, not most teams.
Told you a million times, stop exaggerating.

holidaysong
30/03/2007, 1:15 PM
Wrong! We had over 100 there (spread out in the stand) not bad for a Thursday night (and the new shed looked like it had a cracking atmosphere!)

In fairness, this is true mickdlk. There was definitely about 100 Harps fans at that game. I seen a wee bunch of about 10 venturing over to the shed at the start of the game until they thought twice about it and went back towards the stand. :)

mickdlk
30/03/2007, 1:36 PM
In fairness, this is true mickdlk. There was definitely about 100 Harps fans at that game. I seen a wee bunch of about 10 venturing over to the shed at the start of the game until they thought twice about it and went back towards the stand.

:p The last time away fans came to d shed side, we know what happened, isnt that right BOHS :) :)

thomas72
30/03/2007, 2:03 PM
lads support lim37. in fairness ye should be up in premier right now but for the cowboys who run football in this country the FAI i dont think no one would begrudge dundalk a place in the prem for next season

peterc1992
30/03/2007, 2:31 PM

You say,u had 1000+ at a play-off that didnt matter,but it did at the time so dont say it dodnt matter if it didnt matter there wouldnt have been 1000+ at it,it didnt matter a good while afterwards,if we were a team thatr sud be up in the premier division we would have just as good support.

You fans were craicing last night,i was there,but surely not the best in ireland,all your fans in the sitting stand were not singing so you can't say you have the best in ireland

mickdlk
30/03/2007, 2:55 PM
You say,u had 1000+ at a play-off that didnt matter,but it did at the time so dont say it dodnt matter if it didnt matter there wouldnt have been 1000+ at it,it didnt matter a good while afterwards,if we were a team thatr sud be up in the premier division we would have just as good support.

You fans were craicing last night,i was there,but surely not the best in ireland,all your fans in the sitting stand were not singing so you can't say you have the best in ireland

What game were u at and does any fans in the stand ever sing?????? The Shed never stopped singing all night. A CREDIT TO THE TOWN

peterc1992
30/03/2007, 5:13 PM
What game were u at and does any fans in the stand ever sing?????? The Shed never stopped singing all night. A CREDIT TO THE TOWN

I was watching athlone v dundalk,your fans in the stand,wasnt a word out of them,Surely you cant be the best in ireland if one section of the stadium sings

eamoss
30/03/2007, 9:51 PM
Some Dundalk fans are getting too carried away like there are 30 odd games left in the season.

As for have the best support in the league, Well that’s very hard to prove but it is credit that a town with an urban population of 30,000 can get about 2,000 home fans at a game while the likes of other big populated areas are just getting a bit more.

peterc1992
30/03/2007, 10:16 PM
Some Dundalk fans are getting too carried away like there are 30 odd games left in the season.

As for have the best support in the league, Well that’s very hard to prove but it is credit that a town with an urban population of 30,000 can get about 2,000 home fans at a game while the likes of other big populated areas are just getting a bit more.

Well Athlone got 2000 in our first game a bit under that in the second and we have about 22,000 on the town.

speedking
01/04/2007, 10:15 PM
Nowhere near 1000 for that play-off game. A great travelling crowd no doubt, but not within an asses roar of it.
Oh, and Cork brought 700-800 to the RSC just three weeks ago, so there's one.
And no, you have more support away from home than 5 or 6 teams get playing at home, not most teams.
Told you a million times, stop exaggerating.
I assume that was intended?! :D

mcgonigle
02/04/2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah lads lets put the feet back on the ground, a long way to go yet

Magicme
07/04/2007, 11:56 AM
Going on last nites performance you have a long long way to go!

Sir Philly = ****e last nite! Hes still a lazy fat git in my eyes.

pineapple stu
07/04/2007, 12:44 PM
He's a big fat lazy git in the eyes of everyone bar fans of his current club, whichever one that may be. I had the condition myself for a few months.

Louth4sam
07/04/2007, 1:07 PM

Its a bit hard trying to play football on a cabbage patch. It didnt suit our skillful footballing team at all. I commend you on your dedication to monaghan though magicme if i had to watch ****e like i witnessed last night every week like you do, id give up on football altogether.

Flawless
10/04/2007, 9:47 PM

You obviously werent in oriel for the match against Athlone??

True, we were **** against Monaghan, but it was one game, Expect a scoreline that mirrors Man Yoo's Tonight, when you lot visit Oriel Next!!

Magicme
11/04/2007, 12:38 AM
I did say "going on last nite's performances"!

No was in hospital when you were playing Athlone otherwise I would have been there actually!

The Rebel Ram
12/04/2007, 4:15 PM
Cobh are coming to get ye!!!!!!!!!:D

monutdfc
12/04/2007, 4:29 PM
Paul Whelan probably had his best game ever for United marking Philly Hughes last week. You might think he's a fat lazy git but he is a quality player and he deservedly won the First Division Player of the Year gong last season.