PDA

View Full Version : Mayo League Division 2 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

gunner1
29/03/2007, 5:15 PM
with such a big field running,who will get promoted.c/bar town???

Cloggs
29/03/2007, 8:31 PM
with such a big field running,who will get promoted.c/bar town???

incredibly hard division to call.i suppose a lot will depend on whether or not ballina utd have any of the old gaurd back from moyvilla.if they have the likes of muldoon then they'll probably be challenging.i liked the look of clew bay last year so think they could be a there thereabouts at the end of the season but as they're in the more difficult of the the two with both ballina utd and castlebar town they might find it difficult enough.as for relagation who knows!!!!:p

gunner1
29/03/2007, 10:41 PM
incredibly hard division to call.i suppose a lot will depend on whether or not ballina utd have any of the old gaurd back from moyvilla.if they have the likes of muldoon then they'll probably be challenging.i liked the look of clew bay last year so think they could be a there thereabouts at the end of the season but as they're in the more difficult of the the two with both ballina utd and castlebar town they might find it difficult enough.as for relagation who knows!!!!:p

must agree,clew ba did look good last year we played them twice,drew away won at home.there a young team as for ballina utd the villa players wont move back

irishyop
30/03/2007, 8:01 AM
Aye Clew Bay have a good bunch of players but a complete ass of a manager, if they had someone who knew who to manage and could teach them ball skills then they would definately go places.

Cbar town have lost Terry Maughan and Sammy left them, so would not be as strong.

swinfordfc
30/03/2007, 9:06 AM
Lads K/K Utd ?

the grape vine
30/03/2007, 9:17 AM
Aye Clew Bay have a good bunch of players but a complete ass of a manager, if they had someone who knew who to manage and could teach them ball skills then they would definately go places.

Cbar town have lost Terry Maughan and Sammy left them, so would not be as strong.

where has terry maughan gone?? is sammy gone to ballyheane ??

irishyop
30/03/2007, 10:11 AM
Knock/Kiltimagh United,

Sammy is with Ballyheane, did I hear Terry is with Snugboro?? Not 100% sure about where he has gone.
Mark Moore has ALLEGEDLY fallen out with Scoby so not going to play

rudiger17
30/03/2007, 11:21 AM
Should be a tight section, Ballina UTD were always strong will be interesting to see how they will fare out again. Ballvary BB will be keen to get up the divisions again. Clew Bay improving all the time. Not many teams will fancy a trip to Erris B.

pixiehead
30/03/2007, 2:05 PM
Terry Maughan Not with Snugboro as he wont pay his membership
Town Will win Feck all as they lost too many players
Ballina United should Kick and intimidate referrees to the top as usual
K+K will Challange with new pitch and Brendan McDonagh Manager
Ballyvary Finish Bottom as Also lost too many Players
Erris Will do well if thay have alot of the fai Winining team
And thats the News :D

irishyop
30/03/2007, 3:04 PM
What about the weather Pixie?

gunner1
30/03/2007, 4:15 PM
Terry Maughan Not with Snugboro as he wont pay his membership
Town Will win Feck all as they lost too many players
Ballina United should Kick and intimidate referrees to the top as usual
K+K will Challange with new pitch and Brendan McDonagh Manager
Erris Will do well if thay have alot of the fai Winining team
And thats the News :D

ok! who upset pixiehead??Terry Maughan Not with Snugboro as he wont pay his membership,let's have a whiparound(not)
Ballina United should Kick and intimidate referrees to the top as usual(only at home)
K+K will Challange with new pitch and Brendan McDonagh Manager.is that brenden darts mcdonagh??
Ballyvary Finish Bottom as Also lost too many Players,top 4 i think.
Erris Will do well if thay have alot of the fai Winining team,only 1 i agree with.
Town Will win Feck all as they lost too many players.i think they will get auto promotion.:p

gunner1
31/03/2007, 2:30 AM
heard through the vine not the (grapevine) that stephen jennings (jinks)has joined c/bar town along with 2 others,anyone know story??

irishyop
02/04/2007, 8:19 AM
heard through the vine not the (grapevine) that stephen jennings (jinks)has joined c/bar town along with 2 others,anyone know story??

Heard that myself, but spreading rumours like that is not allowed you know :p

swinfordfc
02/04/2007, 8:25 AM
Good win for Erris b and k+k utd in first week of season

pixiehead
02/04/2007, 2:38 PM

I heard Jinks and Seanie walsh have deffo gone>>> :eek:

pixiehead
02/04/2007, 2:40 PM
Check out my Post about Erris pich in main forum . Too lasy to paste it here:o

pixiehead
02/04/2007, 2:41 PM
What about the weather Pixie?

Warm and dry with light to moderate winds :D

the grape vine
02/04/2007, 2:57 PM
I heard Jinks and Seanie walsh have deffo gone>>> :eek:

i tought seanie walsh was with ballyheane? saw him play against celtic B

irishyop
02/04/2007, 4:35 PM
Seanie came off injured against Cbar B.

I heard yesterday that Jinks had started with Cbar Town

robben 11
02/04/2007, 5:02 PM
seanie had not signed with the town, went training 2 see if injury had cleared up, didnt make match sunday as i was on a serious bender..apologies lads i was spotted sun morning on the ballintuber road at 9.30 a.m, with a bottle of rosie... with 2companions ..!! women send men absolutely soft had 2 let loose, the lads did well 3-0 against boro..:cool:

gunner1
02/04/2007, 5:46 PM
i tought seanie walsh was with ballyheane? saw him play against celtic B

was talking to sean at the w/end and he has'nt signed for anyone yet

Mad Moose
02/04/2007, 5:49 PM

Again Pixie you are so so far wide of the mark on matters concerning the Bombers you wouldn't be out of place in a Mayo forward line at Croke Park.

Maybe I'm too close to things but I dont know who we lost exactly. We were relegated last season so maybe we could have well afforded to lose a few but we didn't.

By the way we won our first game against Clew Bay Utd. Bottom Pixie. You are definetely at home with the fairies.

As Swinford fc says K/K Utd have had a good pre-season and look pretty strong. Still short a keeper.

Mad Moose
02/04/2007, 5:52 PM
Good win for Erris b

Sweet :cool:

gunner1
02/04/2007, 5:56 PM
Again Pixie you are so so far wide of the mark on matters concerning the Bombers you wouldn't be out of place in a Mayo forward line at Croke Park.

Maybe I'm too close to things but I dont know who we lost exactly. We were relegated last season so maybe we could have well afforded to lose a few but we didn't.

By the way we won our first game against Clew Bay Utd. Bottom Pixie. You are definetely at home with the fairies.

As Swinford fc says K/K Utd have had a good pre-season and look pretty strong. Still short a keeper.

the bombers are strong and should not have lost the play off against ballyheane last year,good win yesterday,clew bay are not a bad team in div 2

swinfordfc
03/04/2007, 8:39 AM

welcome harpbear - nice win congrats!
i see they kept us apart this year - we got off to a decent start ourself - 2-1 win. so who next for ye?

swinfordfc
03/04/2007, 8:40 AM
So K+K Utd top of Division 2B and Erris Utd B top of Division 2A (at this early stage :D )

pixiehead
03/04/2007, 11:29 AM
seanie had not signed with the town, went training 2 see if injury had cleared up, didnt make match sunday as i was on a serious bender..apologies lads i was spotted sun morning on the ballintuber road at 9.30 a.m, with a bottle of rosie... with 2companions ..!! women send men absolutely soft had 2 let loose, the lads did well 3-0 against boro..:cool:

Sounds like an injury in your Jocks so :rolleyes:

The Don
03/04/2007, 11:32 AM
was talking to sean at the w/end and he has'nt signed for anyone yet

I think he signed for Ballyheane at the week end.

robben 11
03/04/2007, 11:42 AM
I think he signed for Ballyheane at the week end.

that would be correct, ah ya have to love this site......:rolleyes:

robben 11
03/04/2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds like an injury in your Jocks so :rolleyes:

very close pixie, my groin!!!

The Don
03/04/2007, 11:49 AM
that would be correct, ah ya have to love this site......:rolleyes:

I hope its computers you're at in college!

Mad Moose
03/04/2007, 12:22 PM
welcome harpbear - nice win congrats!
i see they kept us apart this year - we got off to a decent start ourself - 2-1 win. so who next for ye?

To be honest I dont actually know. I have that much going on at the minute I haven't taken the time to look at the fixtures.

Yeah I'm disappointed they kept us apart but nothing is ever too predictible in this far flung Division. T'was a bit of a battle on Sunday. Clew Bay Utd didn't have a single attempt on goal in the first half and we should have coasted to an easy victory rather than relying on a late second goal. In fact Clew Bay Utd might have equalised in the second half but for a fantastic save from Terry. They rarely threatened the Bombers goal other than that.

While we would never have expected to fall as low as you can possibly go in this league I've a feeling this season just might be an enjoyable one.

Mad Moose
03/04/2007, 12:23 PM
ah ya have to love this site......:rolleyes:

Lets not go mad now.;)

Phoenix
03/04/2007, 12:55 PM
Was playing for Cross v K&K Utd game on Sunday. Played on theit new pitch. good surface, very dry. Played everything out wide with full-backs overlapping. Were 1-1 and conceded 2 sloppy goals before half-time(one of them a 30 yard free-kick the keeper lost in the sun). Had 2 one on ones and a goal disallowed before they got their 4th. good fast young lads on wings and up front. Not at the Urlaur standard of last year but can't see too many teams getting points off them, esp. at home.

Mad Moose
03/04/2007, 1:36 PM
Welcome aboard Phoenix. I think your right on K/K Utd. They may do pretty well and go straight back up so thankfully we are not in the same division.;)

I'll miss the fact we wont be playing Cross Celtic this season. Are you guys playing in Ballinrobe this year then?

Tube Station
03/04/2007, 3:31 PM
should have coasted to an easy victory? i think ye played most of the second half in ye're own half of the pitch. Ballyvary were under pressure from a series of corners and a few free kicks from just outside the box and were saved by a great save from ye're keeper before ye're second goal. impressive win by erris

To be honest I dont actually know. I have that much going on at the minute I haven't taken the time to look at the fixtures.

Yeah I'm disappointed they kept us apart but nothing is ever too predictible in this far flung Division. T'was a bit of a battle on Sunday. Clew Bay Utd didn't have a single attempt on goal in the first half and we should have coasted to an easy victory rather than relying on a late second goal. In fact Clew Bay Utd might have equalised in the second half but for a fantastic save from Terry. They rarely threatened the Bombers goal other than that.

While we would never have expected to fall as low as you can possibly go in this league I've a feeling this season just might be an enjoyable one.

Phoenix
03/04/2007, 4:21 PM
Welcome aboard Phoenix. I think your right on K/K Utd. They may do pretty well and go straight back up so thankfully we are not in the same division.;)

I'll miss the fact we wont be playing Cross Celtic this season. Are you guys playing in Ballinrobe this year then?

Thanks Harpsbear. We had a good battle against ye in our "field" last year before going down 4-3. Will you miss playing us 'cos we were such nice guys or the fact ye picked up points against us or because of our good football?!?!
We are now playing our home games in Glencorrib, very good surface. A big improvement on the patch you would have played us on last season.
Ye had a good win last weekend. We played Clew Bay in the Cup last year, a good team. Very organised at the back and a few lightening forwards. Funny how forwards/wingers/midfielders even keepers seem to get quicker than me every year! :eek:

robben 11
04/04/2007, 12:27 AM
I hope its computers you're at in college!

why do u think that...! Property im at.. but i do use computers a lot just to keep tabs on all ye mad men.........I LOVE THE MAYO LEAGUE...... ok sorry goin mad again well i am ****ed!!! :D

Mad Moose
04/04/2007, 8:18 AM
Thanks Harpsbear. We had a good battle against ye in our "field" last year before going down 4-3. Will you miss playing us 'cos we were such nice guys or the fact ye picked up points against us or because of our good football?!?!
We are now playing our home games in Glencorrib, very good surface. A big improvement on the patch you would have played us on last season.
Ye had a good win last weekend. We played Clew Bay in the Cup last year, a good team. Very organised at the back and a few lightening forwards. Funny how forwards/wingers/midfielders even keepers seem to get quicker than me every year! :eek:

Nothing at all to do with the fact youse are Cross men, nor the fact youse are nice guys or even the fact we were guaranteed 6 points. No I base my claim purely on that field we played on last year.:eek: In any case its not that many years ago since we were in the same position and a clubs origin's are very important so I hope youse like us will have fond memories of such origin's and keep on progressing. Starting out was never going to be easy and we all had to start somewhere.Many will remember fondly the home patch of the mighty Bombers in years gone by.

Phoenix
04/04/2007, 1:37 PM
Nothing at all to do with the fact youse are Cross men, nor the fact youse are nice guys or even the fact we were guaranteed 6 points. No I base my claim purely on that field we played on last year.:eek: In any case its not that many years ago since we were in the same position and a clubs origin's are very important so I hope youse like us will have fond memories of such origin's and keep on progressing. Starting out was never going to be easy and we all had to start somewhere.Many will remember fondly the home patch of the mighty Bombers in years gone by.

Yeah, we had to start somewhere. We'll just put it down to a bad experience! Ye don't fancy a challenge this weekend, do ye?

swinfordfc
04/04/2007, 3:32 PM
Yeah, we had to start somewhere. We'll just put it down to a bad experience! Ye don't fancy a challenge this weekend, do ye?

Phoenix - who ye playing on Sunday week?

Mad Moose
04/04/2007, 3:58 PM

I'm not sure how we are fixed this coming weekend with training and that so I dont know how we are for people been about. I wouldn't mind taking on Celtic in a friendly!

Mad Moose
04/04/2007, 3:59 PM

Your very interested in all things Division 2 all of a sudden.Whats that about. :D

I hear my hometown got a right aul numpty in as manager this year.:eek:

Phoenix
05/04/2007, 8:43 AM

Ballyglass B at home.

swinfordfc
05/04/2007, 9:34 AM
Ballyglass B at home.

Thats 3 points for ye :D

swinfordfc
05/04/2007, 9:35 AM
Your very interested in all things Division 2 all of a sudden.Whats that about.

I hear my hometown got a right aul numpty in as manager this year.:eek:

Just keeping an eye on all teams Swinford :D
Ah now Harsbear - i pass it on to him ;)

swinfordfc
10/04/2007, 10:57 AM
so this weekend coming Cross Celtic have got they first 3 pts with a win against Ballyglass B so they back in the race ;)

Phoenix
10/04/2007, 12:14 PM
so this weekend coming Cross Celtic have got they first 3 pts with a win against Ballyglass B so they back in the race ;)
Yeah, I scored 3 screamers. I'm claiming them anyway. It's fierce poor form though. You look forward to the start of the season, get thumped in your first game and are looking to get back in the saddle again with a game at home and hopefully a win and a good performance. But you hear on a Tuesday morning that the game is off. What's the story with Ballyglass B? Are they not fielding a team for the league or is it a case that the game clashes with the First Teams game? Either way we'll gratefully accept the points but would have loved a game

swinfordfc
10/04/2007, 2:24 PM
Yeah, I scored 3 screamers. I'm claiming them anyway. It's fierce poor form though. You look forward to the start of the season, get thumped in your first game and are looking to get back in the saddle again with a game at home and hopefully a win and a good performance. But you hear on a Tuesday morning that the game is off. What's the story with Ballyglass B? Are they not fielding a team for the league or is it a case that the game clashes with the First Teams game? Either way we'll gratefully accept the points but would have loved a game

They pull out all together of the league as they dont have enough players to field 2 teams. However they pull out to late for the administration side of things and ever team that's supposed to play them will be awarded 3-0 wins! at least your going to win 3 games this season :D

Mad Moose
11/04/2007, 9:14 AM
To our Cross representatives here who mentioned a friendly for the Easter weekend might I offer my apologies because on my way home to sunny Mayo I got word that we would indeed have liked a friendly and at that stage I had no means of getting in touch. So apologies on that.

Anyhow a friendly was organised with Conn Rangers and on a beautiful evening at Keelogues well we went down 1-0. Still a good test and an entertaining game and thanks to Conn Rangers for visiting us.

Apologies again to Cross Celtic. Had I known a bit sooner I would have been happy to oblige.

Brendan Grufferty. For the mighty Blue Bombers.