Block G Raptor
29/03/2007, 1:01 PM
Euro Qualifier -V- hungary moved to Tolka
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1890

NY Hoop
29/03/2007, 3:21 PM
Euro Qualifier -V- hungary moved to Tolka
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1890

http://www.fai.ie/womens/ is very bad. No upcoming fixtures or even the result from the Italy game last year!

KOH

Block G Raptor
29/03/2007, 3:50 PM
Only reason I checked at all was cause my little one got tickets for the game at the soccer-sisters camp last week

rasper
01/04/2007, 4:28 PM
ireland now lead 2-1 taylor and byrne

CollegeTillIDie
01/04/2007, 9:18 PM
It finished 2-1. Not a great game but a good effort and good result. There were two good goals by Ireland and a well taken effort by the Hungarians. Should look good on the news. RTE cameras were there and Tony O'Donoghue recorded a bunch of wee girls singing a chant .... 2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate?/ Not the king not the queen/ The Ireland women's football team..... Not a bad effort at all :D

chick
02/04/2007, 12:27 AM
Only reason I checked at all was cause my little one got tickets for the game at the soccer-sisters camp last week

whats the soccer-sisters camp?

:confused:

sonofstan
02/04/2007, 9:50 AM
Personally delighted to see Susan Byrne score the second goal - she grew up on my street and, from the age of about 6 had a football permanently attached to her foot and ran rings around every boy in the neighbourhood. Played for Bohs up to U-12, and I think they gave her a testimonial when she had to leave. Really glad to see her do well.

Block G Raptor
02/04/2007, 10:49 AM
Soccer sisters is an introduction to football for 7-11 yr old girls run by qualified FAI coaches. It's great to see the Girls getting into it. My step daughter is 7 and she loves it and my own little one is 5 and cant wait till she's 7 to start too.:)

Block G Raptor
02/04/2007, 10:52 AM
It finished 2-1. Not a great game but a good effort and good result.

On the contrary I thoroughly enjoyed the game. breath of fresh air compared to the negative tripe being served up by their male counterparts in recent times

olegunnar
03/04/2007, 6:36 PM
The FAI are rolling off a programme this year called Soccer Sisters. They are looking for a club/school that has access to an Indoor facility to host the 10 week, 1 hour introduction to football course for 6-12 year old girls, and they all get an Ireland Shirt!

Anyone that is interested in coaching(paid position) or setting the programme up in your area, should contact any of the womens dev officers, carol.murphy, eithne.lydon, moyia.parke or eoin.killackey @fai.ie. They work in South Leinster, Munster, Connaught/Donegal and North Leinster respectively.

Sounds like a great way to get girls started!!!!

CollegeTillIDie
05/04/2007, 11:21 PM
On the contrary I thoroughly enjoyed the game. breath of fresh air compared to the negative tripe being served up by their male counterparts in recent times

Glad you enjoyed it Block G Raptor. I have been attending Women's games since 1992 and I have seen better ones that was what I meant.