PDA

View Full Version : Sing

Thunder-WYFC
28/03/2007, 10:32 PM
I'll be out there Sunday with a few lads and will more than likely be sitting in the temp seats!If we start singing will you lot join in if your there.Just a few simple chants a first cause I'm sure we could be the loudest fans in the league.

So are yas all with me?

Tricks
29/03/2007, 2:23 AM
i tell ya i wont be at the limerick game as im stuck in at ****hole of a fake city called waterford but ill b at the game against waterford in the cup, i think this is the best game to get the singing started, there will be a big wexford crowd considering its a derby and the amount of wexford students up here (im not one of them) but i do think a fair few of the students might turn up and probably ****ed drunk so the banter and chanting should be good. i think our chanting and songs will develope on away days, when nobody gives a ****, when your out of wexford and dont mind making a fool of yourself, much like a good night out in another county, uno pull the women, start a fight and when you wake up in the morning you feel no shame cas nobody there knows ya. its the same with the gaa, when your in wexford park everybodys a bit reserved but when were away or up in croker everyone will chant and sing, as for the home games we should look towards next season when a proper covered stand is built that will keep in the atmosphere, a section should be kept for a kind of ultras or die hards, where we can go to sing chant etc, and a library section for the rest, thats what happens in most clubs.

brokenstar
29/03/2007, 9:30 AM
The best place to get the singing started and the loudest is at home games. It can intimidate opponents and really wind up the lads for a good performance. You only have to look at the likes of Anfield and the Nou Camp, where the home fans become "The Twelfth Man" as it were.

We're a damn sight off the likes of those i know, but if we can create the same kind of tension and atmosphere at our level, Newcastle will be a place that no-one will like to come and play and we can help the lads grind out the results.

Drumcondra Red
29/03/2007, 5:16 PM
I'm sure we could be the loudest fans in the league.

:D :D :D

Footsoldier
29/03/2007, 7:18 PM
Camp Nou, Anfield and Newcastle. Anybody spot the odd one out??????

brokenstar
29/03/2007, 7:45 PM
yeah... the Nou Camp of course :p

Thunder-WYFC
03/04/2007, 11:39 PM
How about anyone willing to sing/chant stand behind the goal on Sunday and bring as many people as posssible.I'll prop have me flag with me and one of the lads will have an airhorn!Its a start anyway

Thunder-WYFC
04/04/2007, 10:25 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/thunderwex/PaulsPictures.jpg

It will have on it when finished:

Wexford
Youths
FC

passinginterest
04/04/2007, 10:28 AM
How about anyone willing to sing/chant stand behind the goal on Sunday and bring as many people as posssible.I'll prop have me flag with me and one of the lads will have an airhorn!Its a start anyway

It's a good idea but I'd say try get up the back of the stand near the middle. That way ye can stand up and make noise without getting in anyones way. It also makes it more likely that people around you will join in.

Best of luck with it. There's a chance I might be there myself but not too likely at the moment.