PDA

View Full Version : Millwall want O'Flynn.

Fr. Joe
15/01/2003, 12:20 PM
Fact, JO'F is on his way to Millwall like it or lump it ye Cork w@nkers.

thecorner
15/01/2003, 2:42 PM
can we see less of the scum on this site plkease
first rovers,now millwall
where will it all end

Éanna
15/01/2003, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
can we see less of the scum on this site plkease
first rovers,now millwall
where will it all end
how about less of stereotyping people based on who they support.

Macy
15/01/2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Yeah typical Cork - all the same f*ckin stereotyping l@ngers... ;)

fosterdollar
15/01/2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by Fr. Joe

what sort of way is that for a priest to talk?:eek:

yan
15/01/2003, 4:27 PM

THIS JUST SHOWS HOW JEALOUS THE DUBS ARE THAT WE HAVE THE BEST STRIKER IN THE EL

thecorner
15/01/2003, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

they r on about u in P.R.O.C
AND UR A ****ING ****** HERE AS WELL

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 8:41 AM
... Fr.Joe is a fellow Limerick fan.

"We've got the real O'Flynn - John who?"

Fr. Joe
16/01/2003, 9:17 AM
Aboy SLK Limerick is the capital of soccer in Munster and we'll soon show them Cork boys in the premier in 2 seasons.

Fr. Joe
16/01/2003, 9:22 AM
Best striker in the EL my @rse, Glen Crowe by a country mile Irish International after all.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Fr. Joe

Nice attitude towards Corkonians, Fr. Fact: JO'Fs career would NOT be best served by joining a yo-yo club like Millwall. Fact: he's already with a club that could beat Millwall on any given day. Fact: JO'F has said only 6-8 weeks ago that he's 'done the England thing' and has NO interest whatsoever in going back there.
PS: just who the hell are your sources on that one and how many altar boys have you had lately, Fr? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 10:23 AM
"Fact: JO'Fs career would NOT be best served by joining a yo-yo club like Millwall. Fact: he's already with a club that could beat Millwall on any given day."

Neither of those things are facts, they're opinions and rather muddled, unrealistic ones at that!

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
"Fact: JO'Fs career would NOT be best served by joining a yo-yo club like Millwall. Fact: he's already with a club that could beat Millwall on any given day."

Neither of those things are facts, they're opinions and rather muddled, unrealistic ones at that!

Facts they are, I'm afraid. All you have to do is look at Millwall's record over the last 6-7 years to see how much they like to do a yo-yo between divisions.
As for the swipe at City. By saying that, you're saying that City couldn't hold their own in Division 2. That IS a rather muddled, unrealistic opinion.

Murphy Out Now!!!

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 10:29 AM
Milwall are in Division 1 you ****!

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:38 AM
Milwall are in Division 1 you ****!

My apologies, but, City could still do more than survive in Division 1. Besides, give Millwall another season or two and they'll be in Division 2 at best. As I say, JO'F is FAR better off right where he is.

Just an observation, a little less of the name-calling might lend SOME tiny bit of credibility to your arguments.

Murphy Out Now!!!

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 10:43 AM
And some actual facts might lend a tiny bit of credibility to yours rather than relegating Milwall to help your arguments. And City would get walloped in the first Division. Bohs (and at a push Shels) are the only Irish clubs who'd survive in the second tier of English football.

Dricky
16/01/2003, 10:46 AM
as a priest Fr Joe you are an expert on ****ing so we'll have to give you that one.

As for Limerick 'I'll put the clubs money in me snack box and burry it on the pitch' FC. Good luck to them, they need it. we however just need a manager.

Division two is where Milwall are, just because it's called the first division doesn't mean it's Division one, the likes of Eire and Scotland is the premier.
Just like Limerick a division two club theres just nowhere for them to go as there is no down.

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 10:50 AM
Not that you'd know anything about what Cork need with your Luxembourg address! :D You lot are never happy, whinging about your manager, your chairman, Geroge O'Callaghan, Deccy Daly, Shamrock Rovers fans, ten team league, travelling away etc etc etc. *Yawn* Try putting things in perspective and spare me your anal w@nk about First Division clubs being second division clubs. I'm well aware of that, that's why I said Cork wouldn't be able to cope with the second tier of English football as Milwall are doing at present. No wonder Queenstown hate you lot!

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 10:50 AM
And some actual facts might lend a tiny bit of credibility to yours rather than relegating Milwall to help your arguments. And City would get walloped in the first Division. Bohs (and at a push Shels) are the only Irish clubs who'd survive in the second tier of English football.

Says who? Just because your sadloserclub(!) will be lucky if they don't have to be reelected to the 1st Division. Oh, the indignation of that. Bohs and $hel$ are more than capable of getting promoted from Division 1, while as already mentioned, City, Cork that is not Limerick, would by NO MEANS disgrace themselves. Besides, if the Premier Division here is the obvious pushover you seem to think it is, why aren't Limerick up there 'competing' with the best of them?

Murphy Out Now!!!

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shed End John
[B]Says who? Just because your sadloserclub(!) will be lucky if they don't have to be reelected to the 1st Division. Oh, the indignation of that. Bohs and $hel$ are more than capable of getting promoted from Division 1, while as already mentioned, City, Cork that is not Limerick, would by NO MEANS disgrace themselves. Besides, if the Premier Division here is the obvious pushover you seem to think it is, why aren't Limerick up there 'competing' with the best of them?

We're not competing because we have no fans or money. You part-time cowboys would be horribly exposed by the might of Brighton and Stoke, they're full time clubs with a lot of internationals. Don't let the Poples Repulic of Cork rhetoric make a complete ape out off you. Be realistic, your golden boy John o'Flynn couldn't make an impact with peterborough last year?!?!? Cork wouldn't disgrace thmsleves but they'd still get relegated. And stop trying to get points for your argument by puttiong words in my mouth. I never said our premier was a pushover, I just don't think that Cork were realistic challengers for the title. I've seen them this year and while they're a good side (not a great or even very good one) by Irish standards they weren't in the same class as Bohs. Don't let false pride blind you John, if you can't get a result in Longford what chance do you have in Leicester? Oh and would you care to remind me of the score the last time my 'sadloserteam' (wasn't it you who said not to stoop to namecalling?) played at Turners X?

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 11:04 AM
We're not fighting Conor, we're discussing. And I should point out that I loathe left-wing, soft-drug taking, wave flags and paint slogans, no shoe wearing hippies. They're right up there with Queenstown Ramblers in my list of favourite things.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE][i] You part-time cowboys would be horribly exposed by the might of Brighton and Stoke, they're full time clubs with a lot of internationals. Don't let the Poples Repulic of Cork rhetoric make a complete ape out off you. Be realistic, your golden boy John o'Flynn couldn't make an impact with peterborough last year?!?!? Cork wouldn't disgrace thmsleves but they'd still get relegated. And stop trying to get points for your argument by puttiong words in my mouth. I never said our premier was a pushover, I just don't think that Cork were realistic challengers for the title. I've seen them this year and while they're a good side (not a great or even very good one) by Irish standards they weren't in the same class as Bohs. Don't let false pride blind you John, if you can't get a result in Longford what chance do you have in Leicester?

This HAS to be the biggest load of s***e I've ever seen OR heard! :mad: Flynn is as good a player to have graced this League in the last....God knows how long. The so-called 'might' of Brighton and Stoke couldn't live with City, and I have that first hand. There's nothing false about the intense pride I have always felt in City and which you are clearly lacking as Limerick have nothing to be proud of. As for the name-calling, refer to what I said in my earlier post, I couldn't be bothered wasting my energy on you a second time.

Murphy Out Now!!!

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 11:12 AM
Wow, now there's a post that said nothing at all. And you clearly forgot to answer my last question. Would you care to remind me of the score the last time my 'sadloserteam' played at Turners X? If you can't beat us you'll find things tough against Crystal Palace and Norwich City. And try and draw a line somewhere between pride and unfounded arogance. Look at he UEFA co-efficients and that'll tell you how strong our league really is. I hate the barstool mentality as much as any of you lot do but I have the intuition to face up to the facts that the standard while improving isn't anything to boast about right now. I mean, who knocked our clubs out of Europe this year? Heavyweights from Belguim, Sweden, Bulgaria and Malta. Don't be so bloody defensive, admit that we have a long, long way to go and then make an effort to improve rather than holding to delusions of grandeur that are blown away by our laregly unimpressive European record. And I'm proud of the fact that we've won more than you in the last two seasons.

Dricky
16/01/2003, 11:18 AM
Ah I get it now SLK is just sick of no one responding to him on Network 54 so he thinks here is good
What has me living in Luxembourg got to do with anything I am here for to fill in my visa application

As for never happy I've read some of your posts on L FC and yes you like me are not happy with the club

Why would we be happy in Cork we live next to a ****e hole called Limerick

Dricky
16/01/2003, 11:20 AM
Conor just one on the Munster final next year thats going around, thats it's been switched to fota, :D :D

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 11:23 AM
Well your last sentence is totally irrelevant so I'm gonna ignore it. the luxembourg bit was a joke hence the smiley face. As for me being unhappy with my club... have you seen it? GIve me some credit,I'd wanna be on all sorts of drugs to be happy with what we have... or haven't. As for network 54 you're actually talking a lot of poop dricky old boy, most of my posts are buried in big long threads here. I just joined in here after seeing Fr.Joe's comments and in search of some light-hearted banter. Clearly you lot don't do it apart from Conor74 and eoinh...

Dricky
16/01/2003, 11:47 AM
I got bared by him from his pub in Dingle for a bit of banterabout football v Football, man if anyone in Kerry is animal its O'Se.

Dricky
16/01/2003, 11:55 AM
SLK its all banter thus the luxembourg thing and visas.

[/QUOTE] [/B]As for me being unhappy with my club... have you seen it? GIve me some credit,I'd wanna be on all sorts of drugs to be happy with what we have... or haven't. As for network 54 you're actually talking a lot of poop dricky old boy, most of my posts are buried in big long threads here. I just joined in here after seeing Fr.Joe's comments and in search of some light-hearted banter. Clearly you lot don't do it apart from Conor74 and eoinh... [/B][/QUOTE]
What happens when SO'F returns to Cork???

And your right we are never happy in Cork but than thats an Irish thing rather than just a Cork thing.

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 12:10 PM
I've heard that O'Flynn, S doesnt get on with your Liam. Dunno if he'll stick with us next year but I don't think he'll be heading back to the X either. And I agree that it's an Ireland thing yes but especially a Cork-Irish thing! ;) I actually like Cork, enjoyed my night out for your Bray game over Christmas and would sooner see you guys winning the league than any of the Dub clubs. I save my vitriol for Queenstown and specifically Dave Hill.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 12:21 PM
I've heard that O'Flynn, S doesnt get on with your Liam.

Poor Stevie isn't the first, and doubtless won't be the last to get the same kind of prison sentence due to not 'getting on' with Gunther. But, you have to admit it, a 'loan spell' this long is going WAY beyond a joke.
PS: can't wait to be in Limerick on Saturday for Munster v Gloucester.

Murphy Out Now!!!

sadloserkid
16/01/2003, 12:25 PM
Well, if I was you lot I'd be a bit miffed by it as well. A season-long-loan isn't unheard of though and it's all good experience for him given that he probably wouldnt be seeing much action with ye.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 12:32 PM
A season-long-loan isn't unheard of though and it's all good experience for him given that he probably wouldnt be seeing much action with ye.

Not unheard of, no. But, with almost ANY other manager at the helm, chances are SO'F wouldn't have been sent on his way like he was. He'd most likely be seeing a helluva lot of first team action as the front line ball winner City badly need.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Schumi
16/01/2003, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
PS: can't wait to be in Limerick on Saturday for Munster v Gloucester.
That'll be their last Heineken Cup game this year.

Just in case this thread wasn't far enough off topic!

foureyes
16/01/2003, 3:42 PM
Im a city fan and I think City would be destroyed in division one in england. We would finish bottom by about 10 points.

We might just about hold our own in division 3, thanks to our strong form at home. But no better. We lack cover all over the park bar in goals. Playing 45+ games a season would destroy us, but aside from that, we don't have the quality.

Were we in the conference we would never get into the league. Since we are an amateur outfit, thats about our level, the occasional cup shock and FA Vase run being the pinnacle of our achievements.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by foureyes
Im a city fan and I think City would be destroyed in division one in england. We would finish bottom by about 10 points.

We might just about hold our own in division 3, thanks to our strong form at home. But no better. We lack cover all over the park bar in goals. Playing 45+ games a season would destroy us, but aside from that, we don't have the quality.

Were we in the conference we would never get into the league. Since we are an amateur outfit, thats about our level, the occasional cup shock and FA Vase run being the pinnacle of our achievements.

S**t, Edinburgh's anice place and all that (I should know, having been there twice), but, is it poisoning your mind THAT much? Give City a little credit would ya, and stop playing the defeatist Irishman. Being an on-off viewer of Nationwide League Extra, I know what I'm on about when I say that Div.3 is WAY below eL standard, Div.2 is a bit behind and the challenge for our teams would be in Div.1.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
16/01/2003, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
That'll be their last Heineken Cup game this year.

Just in case this thread wasn't far enough off topic!

Just to bring it back off topic... ;)

If an Irish side doesn't win the ERC this year or next be a very long time before possible again if at all as soon be flodd of the best best players leaving the country ala football decades ago...

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by pete
Just to bring it back off topic... ;)

IMO, any talk of such an exodus is sheer scaremongering. As I've already said in a pm to another forum member, Munster are down, but, not out. And, they won't be down for long. When they do come back they'll be all the better and will deliver that Heineken Cup.

Murphy Out Now!!!:mad:

Éanna
17/01/2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
they r on about u in P.R.O.C
AND UR A ****ING ****** HERE AS WELL
:o :o sorry, I always blush when people complement me :rolleyes:

Johnny
17/01/2003, 2:06 PM
If people want to talk about the rugger buggers can they please take it elsewhere. This is a soccer forum.

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
When are they going to stop this pretend to play with the big boys stuff and force Ireland to enter club sides only in the rugby?

Go tell that to the Scots with their artificial provuncial teams. Meanwhile, 33-6 to the boys in red!!!:p :D

Murphy Out Now!!!

eoinh
21/01/2003, 2:32 PM

BULL

Shed End John
21/01/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by eoinhincork
BULL

Agreed, and thanks for the support on that one.;)

Murphy Out Now!!!