PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest

sligoman
27/03/2007, 11:29 PM
Has anyone here been in Germany for this festival? It's on September 22-October 7th this year. Looks class!

Docboy
28/03/2007, 12:34 PM
An absolute blast what I can remember about it anyway. The strength & quality of the beer is unnatural & as you'd expect with the Shermans it's run efficiently.

Would recommend it, go for it!

Dodge
28/03/2007, 12:52 PM
I thought this had moved to Scotland and was now called Scotchtoberfest. I seen this documementary a few weeks ago about a Scottish groundskeeper in some small US town...

Can't remember the name of it

OneRedArmy
28/03/2007, 1:22 PM
I went in my younger days, rating myself as a bigtime drinker, but 3 days of 12 hour drinking in a row (have to be there v early to get your place) and I came back a broken man.

Not so much the hangovers, more the bruises, cuts and scrapes from falling off the tables or being taken out by other fallers from the table dancing. And not once did I see a stein break!!! I also got inadvertently batoned by riot police who were brought in to clear out an overcrowded toilet block.

I would advise bringing lots of money. I went about 5 years ago and all it in cost me about E1500 for a weekend.

I also haven't been able to eat chicken legs or pretzels since....

But everyone should do it once!

WeAreRovers
28/03/2007, 1:23 PM
15 of us going for a stag do from Oct 5 - 7. I expect that not everyone will return alive.

KOH

green army
28/03/2007, 3:06 PM
stayed in munich wehen we played in stuttgart and visited it before we came home.they were getting it ready. looked amazing even with nobody there. Its massive...how anybody can go on a rollercoaster after dozens of pitchers i dont know....augustiner is the best beer ever!!

Aberdonian Stu
04/04/2007, 9:51 AM
Went on a rollercoaster after loads of beer at Oktoberfest and it wasn't pleasant!

Six of us went over last September. Did five nights, reckon that was one too many. 3 or 4 nights would be an ideal trip I reckon.

Docboy
04/04/2007, 12:29 PM
stayed in munich wehen we played in stuttgart and visited it before we came home.they were getting it ready. looked amazing even with nobody there. Its massive...how anybody can go on a rollercoaster after dozens of pitchers i dont know....augustiner is the best beer ever!!

Your spot on there, unbelievable quality. What a shame they don't export it!

green army
07/04/2007, 1:06 AM
you can get it in devenys off licence in dundrum in dublin.

Magicme
08/07/2009, 4:09 PM
Resurrection.........myself and a mate are considering going to it this year and wondering if you have any tips and how we can do this for as cheap as possible!

green army
12/07/2009, 9:42 AM
Resurrection.........myself and a mate are considering going to it this year and wondering if you have any tips and how we can do this for as cheap as possible!

we stayed in the meninger hotel/hostel (think thats the spelling) on lansberger strasse. its about a 5-10 walk to the octoberfest. basic hotel/hostel but it did the job.