PDA

View Full Version : Deirdre O'Kane

harpskid
27/03/2007, 7:54 PM
Thinkin' of going to see Deirdre O'Kane in the Olympia in a couple of weeks - anyone been to see her or know what she's like?

superfrank
27/03/2007, 8:36 PM
I don't know what her stand up show is like but I couldn't stand her in Fergus' Wedding.

finlma
27/03/2007, 9:07 PM
I wouldn't go to see her if she was in my back garden. She has the most annoying voice in the universe and is about as funny as funny as my old man (not very)

Paddyfield
27/03/2007, 9:16 PM
I wouldn't go to see her if she was in my back garden. She has the most annoying voice in the universe and is about as funny as funny as my old man (not very)

If I knew she was in your back garden, I would call over with a bag of eggs to throw at her. She is really annoying.

cheifo
27/03/2007, 11:54 PM
Ah come on now, she was very good in that Paths of freedom or whatever it was called.

Monkfish
28/03/2007, 12:06 AM
Ya as your steriotypical d4/clontarf housewife, probably didnt need to act for that!

carrickharp
28/03/2007, 7:37 AM

If I knew she was in your back garden, I would call over with a bag of eggs to throw at her. She is really annoying.

Have to agree with you folks her voice is soooooooo annoying and don't find her funny at all!!!!

BohsPartisan
28/03/2007, 8:13 AM
Thinkin' of going to see Deirdre O'Kane in the Olympia in a couple of weeks - anyone been to see her or know what she's like?

She should be in the first against the wall thread.

anto1208
28/03/2007, 8:25 AM
she's ok annoying voice . But as a general rule WOMEN ARE NOT FUNNY :D

Dublin12
28/03/2007, 8:32 AM
Went to see her before as I got free tickets,thought she was rubbish to be honest.I'd seen her doing interviews on the TV previously and she was just doing the same tired old gags at the gig that she was doing on the TV.She was good in that paths to freedom though but as a stand up she doesn't do it for me.

Peadar
28/03/2007, 9:03 AM
Ya as your steriotypical d4/clontarf housewife, probably didnt need to act for that!

She's from Dundalk, is she not?
Thought she was good in Intermission.

Saw her in the old Laughter Lounge and thought she was seriously funny!
Well worth going to see.
I'd definitely go again.

By the way, does anyone know if I Went Down is available on DVD?
Was in the cinema about 10 years ago.

Risteard
28/03/2007, 10:31 AM
She should be in the first against the wall thread.
For her voice?
You're a bit trigger-happy.
First?

OneRedArmy
28/03/2007, 11:06 AM

Well worth going to see.
I'd definitely go again.

Was in the cinema about 10 years ago.I'm disappointed Peader that you haven't flagged her as a possible entry in the totty thread given your comment re the eye candy in Croker on Saturday.

I'm embarrassed to admit I quite like her....:o

Peadar
28/03/2007, 11:12 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit I quite like her....:o

I'd definitely get in there! She's got a certain confidence about her that I find attractive.

NY Hoop
28/03/2007, 11:26 AM
Ah come on now, she was very good in that Paths of freedom or whatever it was called.

Very true. I'd give her one:D

KOH

BohsPartisan
28/03/2007, 11:31 AM
For her voice?
You're a bit trigger-happy.
First?

Not first but definitely in the first batch.

Monkfish
28/03/2007, 1:26 PM

Well worth going to see.
I'd definitely go again.

Was in the cinema about 10 years ago.

Ok then, shes a FANTASTIC actor!

Macy
28/03/2007, 2:15 PM
Seen her doing her stand up show, and thought it was okay. Not the most natural of stand ups, but I've seen a lot lot worse. Having said that, wouldn't be going out of my way to see her again.

anto1208
28/03/2007, 2:20 PM
Seen her doing her stand up show, and thought it was okay. Not the most natural of stand ups, but I've seen a lot lot worse. Having said that, wouldn't be going out of my way to see her again.

Ed Byrne

Drumcondra Red
28/03/2007, 3:02 PM
I would also like to declare my interest here, I'd lamp it up her!!! :D

Peadar
28/03/2007, 3:03 PM
I would also like to declare my interest here, I'd lamp it up her!!! :D

She's made it into Totty Watch. (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=22183) :D

cheifo
28/03/2007, 4:53 PM
she's ok annoying voice . But as a general rule WOMEN ARE NOT FUNNY :D
I agree, why is this?Before I'm called a sexist.I have no problem with female fighter pilots,CEO'S,Wrestlers,Welders,Fork lift drivers etc but apart from the odd one(Joan Rivers can be amusing) male comedians are funnier.Explanation anybody?
Oh and back on topic,yes I would.

Risteard
28/03/2007, 4:58 PM
Jo Brand is funny.
And that Naked Camera girl (in a funny way).

cheifo
29/03/2007, 12:01 AM
God I find Naked camera about as funny as "Nazis, a warning from history"

OneRedArmy
29/03/2007, 2:21 AM
I'm disappointed Peader that you haven't flagged her as a possible entry in the totty thread given your comment re the eye candy in Croker on Saturday.

I'm embarrassed to admit I quite like her....:oI'm now considerably less embarrassed to admit that if I had to mark her out of ten I'd give her one....

Thanks for the validation guys.:)

Macy
29/03/2007, 7:18 AM
Ed Byrne
He's actually been excellent the last few times I've seen him. It was in the period after he first got big that he was brutal, as he relied on the same jokes for what seemed like a decade.

Seen several supposedly "next big thing" yanks at Kilkenny totally crash and burn.

Ash
29/03/2007, 8:19 AM

I too find Naked Camera a load of horse shyte.

Although there was 1 funny scetch I saw ages ago.
They were going around Dublin Zoo looking for a monkey in a Communion dress.
Ended up getting a nun to be on the look out :)

But apart from that one, the rest is rubbish (imho)

Aldini98
30/03/2007, 9:54 AM
THE most annoying voice in the world, great bod though.

carrickharp
02/04/2007, 11:27 AM
Shes being interviewed on Today FM now that voice aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Monkfish
02/04/2007, 11:41 AM

Have to agree aswell, and as for killinascully....

bennocelt
02/04/2007, 11:04 PM
Ed Byrne

def agree with this one, how does he get away with it at all?

that o kane one is not funny at all

chancer

stojkovic
03/04/2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I would do her.

citizenerased
04/04/2007, 2:55 PM
She brutal, agree about the unbearable voice......another point

WOMEN ARNT FUNNY!!!!!!!!

Id still give her one though

brokenstar
04/04/2007, 3:22 PM
Yeah, seen her before too, christ almighty she's woeful. Really, really unfunny.

Women as a general rule seem to have missed the comedy boat completely. Can't think of one funny woman comedian to be honest

Dun Laoire
04/04/2007, 6:13 PM
Women are not funny

A face
05/04/2007, 12:15 AM
Lads, as it stands ... it alot funny than most of the Irish standups. Fair play to her, and she is flying the flag for us. More power to her.

citizenerased
05/04/2007, 10:12 AM
why is it women arnt funny, i have never met a funny girl, is there something missing in the fundamental makeup of a womans physce to account for this,,

As for killinaskully,,,what a load of b*ll*x

Peadar
05/04/2007, 10:16 AM
I knew a funny girl once but she was a bit of a lad and intimidated a lot of guys. Call me old fashioned but I'm not comfortable with women who celebrate the acoustic magnitude of their farts...

citizenerased
05/04/2007, 10:17 AM
yeah something that wouldnt sit well with me either to be honest!!

Block G Raptor
05/04/2007, 10:50 AM
That Scottish Lesbian stand up Rhona Cameron or Cambell I think her name is she's well funny but about the only one I can think off

Peadar
05/04/2007, 10:59 AM
Daisy Donovan is nuts and can be funny, as can Catherine Tate.

Risteard
05/04/2007, 11:08 AM
I knew a funny girl once but she was a bit of a lad and intimidated a lot of guys. Call me old fashioned but I'm not comfortable with women who celebrate the acoustic magnitude of their farts...
That could easily be my girlf you're talking about there.

First
05/04/2007, 12:15 PM
That Scottish Lesbian stand up Rhona Cameron or Cambell I think her name is she's well funny but about the only one I can think off

There you have it women are only funny when full of teststerone:)

citizenerased
05/04/2007, 1:24 PM
ha ha .

stann
05/04/2007, 8:17 PM
Some funny women off the telly and the top of my head, actresses and stand-ups:
Morwenna Banks, Jo Brand, Linda Smith, Arabella Weir, Catherine Tate, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Jo Caulfield, Jenny Eclair, Tamsin Grieg, Doon McKichan, Sally Phillips, Barunka O'Shaughnessy (! - AKA Sacha Merrion), Hattie Hayridge, Rhona Cameron, Olivia Coleman, Rebecca Front, Julia Davis, Pauline McLynn, Gina Yashere, Brenda Blethyn.

First
06/04/2007, 12:07 PM
Morwenna Banks, Jo Brand, Linda Smith, Arabella Weir, Catherine Tate, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Jo Caulfield, Jenny Eclair, Tamsin Grieg, Doon McKichan, Sally Phillips, Barunka O'Shaughnessy (! - AKA Sacha Merrion), Hattie Hayridge, Rhona Cameron, Olivia Coleman, Rebecca Front, Julia Davis, Pauline McLynn, Gina Yashere, Brenda Blethyn.

I bet they have all tipped the velvet:eek:

bennocelt
06/04/2007, 9:10 PM

ah come off it, havent heard of most of them, pauline mclynn is a chancer, same with that rhonda cameron one, c tate isnt funny

i would have went with tracy ullman, and caroline ahearne, but as a rule woman just arent funny, end of:cool:

stann
07/04/2007, 10:10 PM
ah come off it, havent heard of most of them, pauline mclynn is a chancer, same with that rhonda cameron one, c tate isnt funny

i would have went with tracy ullman, and caroline ahearne, but as a rule woman just arent funny, end of:cool:

Firstly, I said off the top of my head. There's many I've left out. Caroline Ahearne is funny. Tracy Ullman is not.
Just because you've not heard of them what, that means they're not funny? Surely then you should check out some of their stuff before spouting? Just a thought.
Catherine Tate is very hit and miss but when she's on the ball, like with the nutter nan character, then it's genius.