PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper of the Season

James
14/01/2003, 12:15 PM
who do you think has been the best goalkeeper this season?

and does anyone think noel mooney should be added to the list :D

James
14/01/2003, 12:21 PM
i'll start the ball rolling with a very unbiased micheal divine
magic for most of the year

match away in dayler when we drew 1-1 stands out for me, although the 2 or 3 times he dropped the ball at home in the weeks after that almost made me consider barry ryan who has had an excellent year behind a shacky ucd back 4

Schumi
14/01/2003, 12:35 PM
An unbiased Barry Ryan for me.

Macy
14/01/2003, 12:43 PM
5 foot 8, Overweight, Digger O'Brien is f*ckin great.....

If it wasn't for him, we would've have survived the last couple of seasons, let alone this one....

fosterdollar
14/01/2003, 12:45 PM
most biased poll ive seen yet:rolleyes:

Éanna
14/01/2003, 5:28 PM
devine, no doubt

@ndy
14/01/2003, 5:35 PM
Funnily enuff, same venue, same result vs bohs stands out for me. Ryan produced what can only be described as two impossible saves...then went on to save a penalty at 1-1. The following week at richmond, he saved another. Has to be Baz.

And whats this 'shaky ucd back 4'...shels and bohs have only conceded less... by 1...and that could change in next 2 weeks...

SÓC
14/01/2003, 7:35 PM
As a City fan I'll be a Judas and pick Ryan, he has done very well anytime I've seen him, as goalie doing so well with a 'lesser' team he deserves it.

James mentioned the game in Dalymount, that was the best display of goalkeeping I ever ever saw it was just amazing but Mick has mad a few costly mistakes too, like the 2 goals the in Shels away match.

UCD_4_Life
14/01/2003, 8:29 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
As a City fan I'll be a Judas and pick Ryan, he has done very well anytime I've seen him, as goalie doing so well with a 'lesser' team he deserves it.

James mentioned the game in Dalymount, that was the best display of goalkeeping I ever ever saw it was just amazing but Mick has mad a few costly mistakes too, like the 2 goals the in Shels away match.

In fairness, our defence is very good too.

Oh and I voted for Bazza, although I would have thought that Gary Rogers would have at least got into the poll...

pineapple stu
15/01/2003, 6:23 PM
Shouldn't polls include an element of wondering what the outcome will be?! Bazza by a sixteenth-century mile which was back then equal to dickety-six roods, which was an ancient length equal to 73 times around the Queen of Mongolia's left thigh...

Sorry, only Schumi will understand (!) that... Do I get Supporters' keeper of the year? Stiff competition in that one, eh Pauro? ;)

9-6!

A face
15/01/2003, 8:05 PM
Had to be Ryan !! And i wont know only for TV3.

Shed End John
16/01/2003, 12:47 PM
Don't think there can be much doubt about Devine really. One of the many aces in City's pack, he has no equal anywhere on this island.

Murphy Out Now!!!

UCD_4_Life
16/01/2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by A face
Had to be Ryan !! And i wont know only for TV3.

TV3 doesn't do him justice at all.

The last game against Bohs being a perfect example.

niamh
16/01/2003, 6:31 PM
Yes...Ryan the best keeper in the league....
Are you listening Bohs???!

James
16/01/2003, 6:33 PM
nice one yeah should send this poll results onto bohs management so they can go after ryan instead of devine, seeing as ryan is such a better keeper.

Jaime
16/01/2003, 6:41 PM
Strange, anti-Dub nominations. Both Bohs and Pats keepers may have been worth a couple of votes, not that you get many fans of either around here. Still though...;)

UCD_4_Life
16/01/2003, 7:33 PM
Originally posted by James
nice one yeah should send this poll results onto bohs management so they can go after ryan instead of devine, seeing as ryan is such a better keeper.

No, Bohs should have Devine.

Schumi
17/01/2003, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by James
nice one yeah should send this poll results onto bohs management so they can go after ryan instead of devine, seeing as ryan is such a better keeper. I don't think they need to be told if the consistent rumours I've heard are true.:(

BobtheDrog
17/01/2003, 10:52 PM
Gary (irelands number 1) Rogers on his day the best shot stopper i've seen in the eircom league

Real ale Madrid
20/01/2003, 10:24 AM
Devine had an excellent season. But Barry Ryan almost single handedly kept UCD up he was absolutely outstanding. I'm a little surprised nobody from across the pond has been asking about him.

TheSeagullsNest
20/01/2003, 5:17 PM
every keeper in the premier and a few from the 1st, but none of them come close to Barry Ryan. he's just picked up the UCD player of the year and should pick up EL player of the year as well (that'll go to Crowe because of the international call up). It's a team effort but without him, robbie doyle and tony mac - UCD would have been well relegated by now. it's just a shame for UCD he wont be around next season