PDA

View Full Version : Utd vrs Shamrock Rvs.

eamo1
26/03/2007, 10:57 PM
any predictions?we took 7 points out of 9 against them last season so hopefully that bogey will continue.i wonder will tracey start,i think it showed that he was carrying an injury last friday even though baker was class.but id go for a 3-5-2 again even though its away.i said at the start of season we should play that and it worked in the 2nd half.
prediction 1-1.

mypost
26/03/2007, 11:27 PM
Welcome back to Fortress Tolka on Friday, where the only side in the country to still have a clean sheet this year, should have little trouble in defending that record against a 10-man Galway mobile wall in their own box. This is usually a "homer" fixture, and I expect it to continue once again.

PS: We'll try to get yous out of the ground within 10 minutes of the final whistle. We employ professional security, you see. :)

Claret Murph
27/03/2007, 6:38 AM
That's fine My post because as you know the Galway lot wouldn't try and exit by the pitch while the game was still been played . But then do I really need to say any more to the reasons you lot were keep behind .

gufct
27/03/2007, 8:27 AM
My Town its wums like you that get rovers fans a bad name.

MyTown
27/03/2007, 8:39 AM
My Town its wums like you that get rovers fans a bad name.

Now Now gufct. You have until Noon to make a public ann groveling apology. I presume you were reffering to the post from My Post rather than myself.

It's good to know you're human after all. I know some of us who know you well are prone to doubt it now and again:D :D :D

gufct
27/03/2007, 9:29 AM
Apology accepted my town ;)

eamo1
28/03/2007, 1:05 PM
not much talk about this game here.a draw would be good.at the moment we are only 5 points off a european spot btw:D .

corbyeire
28/03/2007, 1:08 PM
a draw would be good alright - think we are well capable of beating them - but defence may be the priority on friday

we so need a performance again

MyTown
29/03/2007, 9:52 AM
Any of ye ever have a look at the Predictions Thread here?

Nobody gives us a prayer tomorrow night which is understandable enough based on our place on the table, but wouldn't it be great to get a win on our first visit back to the Capital as a Prem team?

BTW, while Eamo posted above that we took 7/9 last year from years fixtures but only 1/9 came in Tolka.

gufct
29/03/2007, 11:09 AM
As long as everyone puts in the effort and works for the team i Think we have a great chance Friday night. We need everybody on top of their game and tracking back especially on the flanks and cutting out stupid petulant frees around our box.

GuisaSaigon
30/03/2007, 8:22 PM
0-0, second half about ten minutes old. United dominated the 1st, Rovers on top in the 2nd according to live commentary on www.galwaybayfm.ie

GuisaSaigon
30/03/2007, 8:45 PM
United getting into it more now, Bernie nearly gave me a heart attack there when O'Brien had a chance................. aw fukkk rovers have just scored 1-0 Rovers

GuisaSaigon
30/03/2007, 8:54 PM
Result 1-0 Rovers another late goal, another unlucky defeat. Sounded like United played well but just couldnt score. We have to start getting some points on the board soon. 1 point from 4 games and Pats coming to town next week:mad:

galway-united5
30/03/2007, 9:42 PM
this is a fukn bitch our luck is non excistent

Terry
30/03/2007, 9:44 PM
strange, was expecting that to happen. Was the exact same story as last season in tolka, same scorer and all if Im not mistaken?

Wont be expecting much more than a good run next week, Pats are playing some unbelieveable football!!!!

Buller
30/03/2007, 10:51 PM
Just back, unlucky lads ye probibly deserved a draw... not a great match

gilberto_eire
31/03/2007, 1:39 AM
absolute sh*te tbh and i can tell ya theres a few out on the pitch who should take a look in the mirror cause there not trying their hardest!. its sad when after 4 games your looking to see have longford i.e bottom team have lost!. all we'r doing is hoofing long balls and theres no magic at all in the team!!. two big lads up front doesnt work i asked for murphs up front there after the sligo game he's needed more up there... barry came on and although most there we'r barking at him he was at least getting some shots in, as bad as they we'r was more then arm'y and flynn'y done!. i can assure you even though rovers have 7 points from 3 games they are absolute muck and have only played UCD and longford apart from us, rogers again put 2-3 kick outs out for throw ins...my god what is wrong with the fella..... reggie again ending up both sides of central defence(if we stay up this year wes has to be a back up at most for next year he's not up to standard...header and tackle thats all he can do). james had a blinder as 3 defender you wouldnt think he was a winger..... has improved there 10 fold on the drogs game... regardless of what happens in the pats game if we dont take 3 points against longford the following week ill be 1st down the wall after the game letting some of the lads know what i think of there effort, the clapping under-performances will end there unless theres 3 points..... the saddest part in all this is we'r one of only 3-4 full-time i.e pros in the league and we look like a good junior team tbh..... even with the full-time and lads who came in we wouldnt be setting the 1st division alight!!.

p.s we have to come to up with an end for the...''theres only 1 tony cousins song....'' because we'r signing it and we;r not in division 1 anymore and we havent found an alternative ending yet we still sing it then just fade it out at the end!!.....

mypost
31/03/2007, 2:37 AM
Result 1-0 Rovers another late goal, another defeat.

:D Payback for last October. 20 unbeaten games at home now.

hoops1
31/03/2007, 2:00 PM
absolute sh*te tbh and i can tell ya theres a few out on the pitch who should take a look in the mirror cause there not trying their hardest!. its sad when after 4 games your looking to see have longford i.e bottom team have lost!. all we'r doing is hoofing long balls and theres no magic at all in the team!!. two big lads up front doesnt work i asked for murphs up front there after the sligo game he's needed more up there... barry came on and although most there we'r barking at him he was at least getting some shots in, as bad as they we'r was more then arm'y and flynn'y done!. i can assure you even though rovers have 7 points from 3 games they are absolute muck and have only played UCD and longford apart from us, rogers again put 2-3 kick outs out for throw ins...my god what is wrong with the fella..... reggie again ending up both sides of central defence(if we stay up this year wes has to be a back up at most for next year he's not up to standard...header and tackle thats all he can do). james had a blinder as 3 defender you wouldnt think he was a winger..... has improved there 10 fold on the drogs game... regardless of what happens in the pats game if we dont take 3 points against longford the following week ill be 1st down the wall after the game letting some of the lads know what i think of there effort, the clapping under-performances will end there unless theres 3 points..... the saddest part in all this is we'r one of only 3-4 full-time i.e pros in the league and we look like a good junior team tbh..... even with the full-time and lads who came in we wouldnt be setting the 1st division alight!!

Thats a bit harsh, I actually enjoyed it, While the football wasnt great, It was interesting with the formation you played to see if we could adapt. Galway had the better of the first half Rovers the second. Both sides are fit and well organised if lacking in a bit of quality and if either had a decent forward to put the ball in the net would do very well. Galway should have got a point and were unlucky to leave with nothing. O Flynn up front for you didnt try a leg all night

galwayhoop
31/03/2007, 3:01 PM
what was the team and formation? 3-5-2?

Olander
31/03/2007, 3:03 PM
3-5-2

Lineup
Rogers
James Charles Nootimeer
Cooke Foley Murphy Lester O'Brien
Armstrong O'Flynn

Subs
Davoren for Cooke
Moran for Armstrong
Glynn for O'Flynn

Terry
01/04/2007, 7:58 AM
how did Glynn and Davoren play? or did they get much of a run at all?

GUISAUltra
01/04/2007, 11:59 AM
i thought davoren was fairly good. he wasnt afraid to get on the ball and try to whip some balls into the box. i know a few crosses went wayward just after he came on but at least he showed that he's not afraid to get the ball down and have a run and cross it. IMO cooky should definitely be dropped for iarlaith in the next game IMO.
glynn tried hard but he gave away a good few frees. the frees givemn against him were pretty harsh though. maybe he wil improve a lot and end up being a good player but at the moment i just cant see how he's a better player than Dowdy

corbyeire
01/04/2007, 2:15 PM
yep 3-5-2
galway should have won by the odd goal - 2-1 or the like

rogers should have never let that shot in - it was so weak and he had both hands to it

very disappointed with him - wes is getting found out in this 3-5-2 formation

didnt think cookie did a thing again

iarlath wasnt at the races either

galway had so many chances and never put them away - wes could of had a hatrick on the back post!!!!

so poor the finishing - reflects the lack of confidence in the team

very disappointing

Tir Oilean
01/04/2007, 2:16 PM
at the moment i just cant see how he's a better player than Dowdy

Was Dowdy offered fulltime or was he just let go? I think the guy is a matchwinner in any division, he's a serious loss to GUFC. He's doin a Solskjaer on it in Athlone so far this season. 2 or 3 goals from the bench.

GUISAUltra
01/04/2007, 4:08 PM
Was Dowdy offered fulltime or was he just let go? I think the guy is a matchwinner in any division, he's a serious loss to GUFC. He's doin a Solskjaer on it in Athlone so far this season. 2 or 3 goals from the bench.

hw wasnt offered a full time contract. he was simply told that he wasnt needed by the club anymore. ya he's doing great for athlone. he was actually in terryland at the drogs game

gilberto_eire
01/04/2007, 4:10 PM
to say we should have scored 1 or 2 is laughable..... we had 4-5 HALF chances nothing was clear cutt....everyone will come across half chances in a game!. we wont score anything till murphs is brought back to the frontline with who ever else and maybe give russell a run in the middle!. rodgers looks pretty pathetic tbh he made one save in the athlone or harps match and ive seen no more from him...... still dont see anyone calling for his head although dimitri was slated for less IMO, not a fan of double standards me!!

JC_GUFC
01/04/2007, 5:25 PM
I thought we played very well and if either team deserved to win it was United.

The three lads in midfield overran Rovers and there was a lot more passing from United than from Rovers. Ciaran Foley had a great chance early in the first half and we had a few more half chances in the match. Rovers goal was a poor one to concede and it looked as if Rogers should really have saved it.

If we continue to play to that level there's no way we'll finish in the bottom 2. We've had a tough start to the season with Cork, Drogs and away at Rovers. The only bad performance was against Sligo on the first day.

I wouldn't rule out getting a result against Pat's but first up we have the league cup and I'd like to see us go on a bit of a run in it this season.

eamo1
01/04/2007, 11:35 PM
im not sure ive heard such conflicted reports from a game before:) .no need for panic and i wouldnt say the confidence of the players is too low either because they know theyve played ok and had tough fixtures too.want a nice win vrs mons and maybe a draw vrs pats but the following week ill be expecting us to get our first league win vrs longford.

gufct
02/04/2007, 8:29 AM
I think Gilberto had too much Dutch Gold.Anyone who knocks the players for lack of effort on friday night had to be at another game.We moved up a notch from the second half against Drogheda and we completly bossed the 2nd half with everyone including Derek bursting a gut for the team.Lester,James & Murphy were outstanding with John Lester the class act of both teams.

The three subs all did great and Derek was very unlucky just before they got the winner when his snapshot hit Barry Murphy rather than the Rovers keeper saving it although he made two great saves after we went behind.

I know people talk about points on the board but id be far more optimistic than pessimistic after friday night.

Terry
02/04/2007, 8:49 AM
was just going to post that I will have to guess that the match seemed different to people depending on the amount of alcohol consumed :D. With no offence to anyone, I think I will go with the older generation and take it that we are improving still, if not in the results department. looking forward to the match now against Pats, should be a great crowd at it.

Tir Oilean
02/04/2007, 9:23 AM
I predict an upset on Fri. Full house in Terryland either United win or we get upset by another defeat!!!!!

corbyeire
02/04/2007, 10:27 AM
very good tir oileann

gilberto_eire
02/04/2007, 1:53 PM
I think Gilberto had too much Dutch Gold.Anyone who knocks the players for lack of effort on friday night had to be at another game.We moved up a notch from the second half against Drogheda and we completly bossed the 2nd half with everyone including Derek bursting a gut for the team.Lester,James & Murphy were outstanding with John Lester the class act of both teams.

The three subs all did great and Derek was very unlucky just before they got the winner when his snapshot hit Barry Murphy rather than the Rovers keeper saving it although he made two great saves after we went behind.

I know people talk about points on the board but id be far more optimistic than pessimistic after friday night.

i didnt say ALL the players we'rnt putting 100% in i said a few we'rnt!!

NY Hoop
02/04/2007, 2:41 PM
I thought we played very well and if either team deserved to win it was United.

The three lads in midfield overran Rovers and there was a lot more passing from United than from Rovers. Ciaran Foley had a great chance early in the first half and we had a few more half chances in the match. Rovers goal was a poor one to concede and it looked as if Rogers should really have saved it.

If we continue to play to that level there's no way we'll finish in the bottom 2. We've had a tough start to the season with Cork, Drogs and away at Rovers. The only bad performance was against Sligo on the first day.

I wouldn't rule out getting a result against Pat's but first up we have the league cup and I'd like to see us go on a bit of a run in it this season.

Very biased match report there in fairness. Pitch was a disgrace though. Thought a draw would have been a fair result but we'll take it!

KOH

JC_GUFC
02/04/2007, 4:17 PM
It's hardly a match report! Our midfield was better than yours. You played your usual Scully tactic of getting the ball away from your defence and your midfielders trying to pick up the pieces!

Will probably see you for tomorrow's riot.

GUISAUltra
02/04/2007, 6:22 PM
i'll be honest i only had 3 drinks all day ( seeing as somehow that actually matters now) and i thought that overall our final product was just really really poor. i dont know how many times we were in very promising positions, only to hit really disappointing passes or woefully bad shots. i mean, i think we had well over 10 shots on goal and Barry Murphy only had to make 2 saves. most players put in a hell of a lot of effort and the only people i was disappoined in were rogers and cooky. neither have done anything to impress me yet. i thought we improved greatly when we got barry on the pitch. now by any stretch of the imagination i'm not a big fan of barry but we really need to get someone that has pace up front with one of the big lads. chris and stephen always like to show in front but when barry came on we had a different option and the balls over the top seemed to be working. it also makes the opposing defenders sit a lot further back and that gives our midfield more space