PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical situation (Stan's replacement)?

Pages : 1 [2]

danonion
11/04/2007, 12:54 AM
off topic but sacking Coleman is a shocking bad act

DmanDmythDledge
11/04/2007, 1:22 AM
and kept a small london team in the Premiership.
Don't count you're chickens...

To be honest I don't rate him at all.

OwlsFan
11/04/2007, 7:10 AM
Not sure this thread is remotely relevant because (a) Stan isn't going to be sacked on the basis that Ireland have won the last few games and (b) because of the ridiculously long contract he has been given, the FAI can't afford to sack him.

Even if the current campaign ends in a whimper, Stan will probably be there for the next unless the final results are really diabolical in which case the FAI might be forced to act with just 2 years of his contract to pay off (which they still would be hard pressed to afford).

DOn't like Chris Coleman: he's from the blame the ref school of management like Neil Warnock. Things aren't going that well for Martin O'Neill at Villa so he might be available at the end of our campaign if it terminates disasterously.

youngirish
11/04/2007, 3:38 PM
John Sheridan or Jim Gannon are the men to watch. Looking for potential in young (preferrably Irish) managers is the way to go because more established managers in the higher tiers of English football wouldn't even wipe their arse with the application form for the Irish job.

citizenerased
12/04/2007, 3:16 PM
chris coleman...thought he was a good manager, has a fearless approach, never gives the big teams too much repect. He also plays decent football.

OwlsFan
12/04/2007, 4:00 PM
I suspect he might go to Wales when Toshack gets the chop.

rambler14
12/04/2007, 10:40 PM
Stevie MClaren looks like he'll be becoming available.

I'm also a fan of Chris Coleman he brought more passion to the job than all the prem managers combined.

NeilMcD
13/04/2007, 9:10 AM
DOn't like Chris Coleman: he's from the blame the ref school of management like Neil Warnock. Things aren't going that well for Martin O'Neill at Villa so he might be available at the end of our campaign if it terminates disasterously.

Last night on Newstalk the presenter and Giles were saying that one of the reasons they liked Coleman was that he was not like Warnock and that he did not blame the refs and he took defeats on the chin.

Stuttgart88
13/04/2007, 9:25 AM
Coleman's always moaning and blaming refs!

citizenerased
13/04/2007, 9:43 AM
in fairness to Coleman, hes had no money, had to sell his best players and still plays well, i cannot believe the fulham fans were calling for his head, they will regret that, when Laurie (ONE TRICK PONY) Sanchez starts playing 10 men behind the ball...and they get relegated next season...If Sanchez is still manager by xmas ill be shocked

charliesboots
13/04/2007, 11:14 AM
John Sheridan or Jim Gannon are the men to watch. Looking for potential in young (preferrably Irish) managers is the way to go because more established managers in the higher tiers of English football wouldn't even wipe their arse with the application form for the Irish job.

Spot on

geysir
13/04/2007, 1:32 PM
I suppose there's no danger of Stan being headhunted for any job?

Irish_Praha
13/04/2007, 2:05 PM

Maybe his ma needs her garden fence painted.

GavinZac
14/04/2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe his ma needs her garden fence painted.

He's completed unqualified and would need adult supervision. He's a shoe-in.

SkStu
14/04/2007, 9:30 PM
Not sure this thread is remotely relevant because (a) Stan isn't going to be sacked on the basis that Ireland have won the last few games and (b) because of the ridiculously long contract he has been given, the FAI can't afford to sack him.

its not titled a "hypothetical" thread for nothing...

Bluebeard
16/04/2007, 12:45 PM

That sentence was three words too long.