PDA

View Full Version : Rushie snubs lesser team

Ash
16/07/2001, 11:39 AM
Heard at the weekend that Longford were trying to sign Rushie, but he snubbed them in favour of staying with the Pride of the Midlands
:D

atfconline
16/07/2001, 7:25 PM
Rushie has always said that he doesn't want to play for anybody else, wants to stay with the Town

Xlex
17/07/2001, 7:37 AM
Would it be the fact if he left, he should probably go further than Longford. It's a bit close!!

Ash
17/07/2001, 7:56 AM
Didnt stop Eric Molloy!

Xlex
17/07/2001, 8:22 AM
With the Arsenel/ Spursesque rivilary, it takes great guts and determination to achieve success as in Sol/Eric's case..:D

Stevo
27/07/2001, 1:28 PM
whats this eric molloy fella like any good of a player that signed for "de town" from ye're lot?? life sided midfielder isn't he bit of competition with sean prunty there....heard he used to play with man u did he play many games for yee last year

on a different not will any athlone fans come over to supprt us for our european adventure....in the unlikely event that athlone got to europe i would definently go and support them....national league fans should get dehind which ever team is represented them in europe be it bohs "de town" shels pats who ever even athlone !!!!

Ash
27/07/2001, 2:28 PM
Eric was on the wing and played a bit up front for us. Scored a screamer against cobh in the cup and H.F/F in the league.

He's a very skilful player but a bit light.
Had a few run ins with Bucks about missing training because of injury and then declaring himself fiton matchdays etc. so he didnt get many games.

At the start of the season he had a bit of a ManUre chip on his shoulder. If a pass wasnt pin point to his feet he'd just shrug his shoulders and scowl at the passer. Copped on later in the season though. He has good pace and put the fear of Jebus into a lot of defenders when he ran with the ball.

As for UEFA, although I despise ye :) I do hope ye do well, and I hope to get to go to the match. I'll be the person in the ground wearing De Athlone jersey ;)

Macy
27/07/2001, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by Ash
I'll be the person in the ground wearing De Athlone jersey ;)

Shouldn't that be a bandage and blood covered jersey? ;)
And no vandalising cars either - It's not mels park!

Ash
27/07/2001, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by Macy

And no vandalising cars either - It's not mels park!

Dunno about the cars ... although I've never hot wired a tractor before ;)

Macy
27/07/2001, 3:51 PM
I've never hot wired a tractor before

Anyone would think that you weren't fellow boggers :rolleyes: